joeymarrolita

Rank 0
PostedOct 26, 2012 12:49 am

About Deadly Icicle (Illu's/Warlock's PRO's)

Is their any skills can be use for pvp other than deadly icicle?..I have been reading some post and I've noticed that people keeps saying about deadly icicle for pvp...Is deadly icicle that strong or shall I say,best skill for pvp?...

Actually I'm a lvl 30 magician and wants to be an Illusionist after I reach lvl 35..So I'm wondering about all the skills..I keep searching and reading some post,to have a neutral build (well, we all know no ones perfect ayt :p)..But anyway can someone explain it to me?.. Smile

And BTW
Which is more advisable for a illusionist?.. Grimiore or Staff?

Thanks
Advertisement

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedOct 26, 2012 1:42 am
Always use a staff for any class you want to mdps on. Your matk will be much higher.

Run down of the Illusionist skills:

Deadly Icicle - useful for both pvp and pve. The cast time might be longer than fireball but the triple hit lets it do more damage than fireball ever could. If you can get your cast speed high enough, spamming Icicle = epic. Max it.

Hypnotic Eye - mostly used in pvp for sleeping opponents. Sleep is kind of the Illu's trademark pvp thing, since sleeping the enemy renders them helpless. You don't need to lvl it much tho since all you want is the sleep and don't really need to care about the damage debuff. Sleep has some uses in pve (mostly for crowd control).

Stimulation - Attack/cast speed aoe buff that is mainly used in pve for support, but nice to use at the start of pvp as well. Cast speed (and attack speed) = <3 Max it until you hit lvl 60.

Ancient Call - The illu pet summons that is mainly used in pve (tho after a point you won't see it used as much b/c of it's tendency to pull things it shouldnt or attack when it shouldnt). I wouldn't recommend using it in pvp if you plan on sleeping the enemy, b/c the Mecha pet will just wake them right back up again. Put leftover cp here if you want.

Emissary - Mecha's attack order. Mostly useless.

Mind Surge - mana regen buff that is required for pve. MAX THIS. You won't use it as much in pvp (except for tw/gvg and 10v10 which is all end-game stuff) unless the match happens to run long enough for you to run out of mana.

Psionic Focus - temporary invisibility + mcrit rate boost. This is a pvp skill only. It's nice b/c you can use illu skills while invisible, so you can enter a match by going invisible and then sleeping. I wouldn't lvl it too much until your illu is capped, b/c you have other skills that need the cp more.

Mind Control - pve skill only. Let's you temporarily make a mob your friend and fight for you (but the mob has to be the same lvl or lower than the skill). I almost never see this used. Even if my mind control was maxed, I wouldn't bother using it on mobs in dgns b/c it isn't needed (and it's annoying when all the mobs are killed and ppl have to wait for the befriended mob to become the enemy again so that they can kill it). So, don't bother lvling it.

Ineffective Magic - mostly a pvp skill, but you can use it in pve if you wanted. Reflects 20% of dmg bk to the attacker. It's nice as a pvp opener, but has a bit of a cool down so you won't really be using it more than once per match. It doesn't need to lvled b/c the reflect works just fine at any lvl.

Aerolite - good for both pvp and pve. Max this when you get to lvl 60. It's an aoe-knockdown skill (knockdown = enemies can't move/attack and take 1.5x dmg). If you sleep and then kd in pvp, the enemy will usually be dead in seconds (and unable to fight bk the whole while).

To recap: max deadly icicle, stimulation, and mind surge until lvl 60. At lvl 60 start maxing aerolite. If you have spare cp, you can lvl Ancient Call or Psionic Focus depending on your preference.

joeymarrolita

Rank 0
PostedOct 26, 2012 1:51 am
raedrin wrote:
Always use a staff for any class you want to mdps on. Your matk will be much higher.

Run down of the Illusionist skills:

Deadly Icicle - useful for both pvp and pve. The cast time might be longer than fireball but the triple hit lets it do more damage than fireball ever could. If you can get your cast speed high enough, spamming Icicle = epic. Max it.

Hypnotic Eye - mostly used in pvp for sleeping opponents. Sleep is kind of the Illu's trademark pvp thing, since sleeping the enemy renders them helpless. You don't need to lvl it much tho since all you want is the sleep and don't really need to care about the damage debuff. Sleep has some uses in pve (mostly for crowd control).

Stimulation - Attack/cast speed aoe buff that is mainly used in pve for support, but nice to use at the start of pvp as well. Cast speed (and attack speed) = <3 Max it until you hit lvl 60.

Ancient Call - The illu pet summons that is mainly used in pve (tho after a point you won't see it used as much b/c of it's tendency to pull things it shouldnt or attack when it shouldnt). I wouldn't recommend using it in pvp if you plan on sleeping the enemy, b/c the Mecha pet will just wake them right back up again. Put leftover cp here if you want.

Emissary - Mecha's attack order. Mostly useless.

Mind Surge - mana regen buff that is required for pve. MAX THIS. You won't use it as much in pvp (except for tw/gvg and 10v10 which is all end-game stuff) unless the match happens to run long enough for you to run out of mana.

Psionic Focus - temporary invisibility + mcrit rate boost. This is a pvp skill only. It's nice b/c you can use illu skills while invisible, so you can enter a match by going invisible and then sleeping. I wouldn't lvl it too much until your illu is capped, b/c you have other skills that need the cp more.

Mind Control - pve skill only. Let's you temporarily make a mob your friend and fight for you (but the mob has to be the same lvl or lower than the skill). I almost never see this used. Even if my mind control was maxed, I wouldn't bother using it on mobs in dgns b/c it isn't needed (and it's annoying when all the mobs are killed and ppl have to wait for the befriended mob to become the enemy again so that they can kill it). So, don't bother lvling it.

Ineffective Magic - mostly a pvp skill, but you can use it in pve if you wanted. Reflects 20% of dmg bk to the attacker. It's nice as a pvp opener, but has a bit of a cool down so you won't really be using it more than once per match. It doesn't need to lvled b/c the reflect works just fine at any lvl.

Aerolite - good for both pvp and pve. Max this when you get to lvl 60. It's an aoe-knockdown skill (knockdown = enemies can't move/attack and take 1.5x dmg). If you sleep and then kd in pvp, the enemy will usually be dead in seconds (and unable to fight bk the whole while).

To recap: max deadly icicle, stimulation, and mind surge until lvl 60. At lvl 60 start maxing aerolite. If you have spare cp, you can lvl Ancient Call or Psionic Focus depending on your preference.  

I see2x..How about the other skills that adds up your M-crit rate/dmg and also the cast speed?.. Can I add up KP?..And If,How many KP is recommended?

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedOct 26, 2012 2:20 am
Put your KP as follows:

15 lvls Pyrotechnics (mcrit rate)
X lvls Showmanship (mcrit dmg) - put here after lvl 50 or so when you get an armor set. The amount you spend here will vary based on how much mcrit dmg u need to cap at 3.00 mcrit dmg.

5 lvls Psychology (int) > 5 lvls Cold Front (bonus to deadly icicle)
1 lvl Awakening (bonus to mind surge)

I wouldn't recommend points into cast speed. The bonus that KP gives you isn't worth the points.

joeymarrolita

Rank 0
PostedOct 26, 2012 2:25 am
raedrin wrote:
Put your KP as follows:

15 lvls Pyrotechnics (mcrit rate)
X lvls Showmanship (mcrit dmg) - put here after lvl 50 or so when you get an armor set. The amount you spend here will vary based on how much mcrit dmg u need to cap at 3.00 mcrit dmg.

5 lvls Psychology (int) > 5 lvls Cold Front (bonus to deadly icicle)
1 lvl Awakening (bonus to mind surge)

I wouldn't recommend points into cast speed. The bonus that KP gives you isn't worth the points.  

Okay,So after lvl 50 that's the time I'll put KP points on showmanship..
Last question so I can play now hehe
Is M-CRIT/DMG skill build base and CAST speed armor okay?..You have just said that its not worth it to put up KP points on CAST speed skill,So it'll be okay to divert the CAST speed type to armor?..So again,M-CRIT/DMG skill build base and CAST speed armor type..Is it okay?

joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedOct 26, 2012 3:43 am
Wearing: Aven Cast Speed Set

Here is my build:

Character Info:

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedOct 26, 2012 4:23 am
joeymarrolita wrote:

Okay,So after lvl 50 that's the time I'll put KP points on showmanship..
Last question so I can play now hehe
Is M-CRIT/DMG skill build base and CAST speed armor okay?..You have just said that its not worth it to put up KP points on CAST speed skill,So it'll be okay to divert the CAST speed type to armor?..So again,M-CRIT/DMG skill build base and CAST speed armor type..Is it okay?  

You can go either mcrit dmg armor or cast speed armor depending on your preference. The downside of mcrit dmg armor is that you will have lower base cast speed, while with cast speed armor you will have lower mcrit dmg. As joer's SS demonstrates, it is still possible to have cast speed armor and cap mcrit dmg. It is also possible to have mcrit dmg armor and get high cast speed.

joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedOct 26, 2012 4:49 am
Just want to add:

If you are heading to M-Crit DMG Set (Crafted) --- cheaper too

-Cast Speed can be obtained/augmented using Acc/Trophies that procs Agi or Cast Speed.

If you are heading to Cast Speed Set (Aven Fame Set) --- somewhat more expensive

-M-Crit DMG can be obtained/augmented using Acc with M-crit DMG and Glyphs.

joeymarrolita

Rank 0
PostedOct 27, 2012 10:52 am
Is it Okay if i max my fire bomb and lightning web?..

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedOct 27, 2012 10:59 am
Max fire bomb for certain. Lightning web isn't necessary to max unless you just like using it (so lvl it based on your budget lol).