NyokoSilent

Rank 3
NyokoSilent
PostedOct 28, 2012 12:21 pm   Last edited by NyokoSilent on Dec 23, 2012 8:08 am. Edited 2 times in total
Advertisement

ForceReconBlack

Rank 3
ForceReconBlack
PostedOct 29, 2012 9:33 pm
alwaysbanned3 wrote:
I know that I am coming from left field for alot of you but I saw what was going on in this thread and wanted to try to shed some light on things for the artists participating.

GameDay is a Marine, he may not be active anymore but once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine. The Insignia and pictures he posted and want a siggy made from are not really "optional" This one...

Is the old Marine Raider insignia, every Marine since WWII has aspired to the legacy they left in the Pacific Ocean during that war.

This one here tells me that GameDay served in the Gulf War and he served with the modern day version of the Raiders. MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command). It also tells me that he has "been there and done that" more then any of us can imagine.

The red and orange circle with the black speartip is the command insignia and the 1 and 2 on the blue background with stars and dagger pay homage to the the original WWII Raiders and represent the 1st and 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalions.

The reason I gave you all this history lesson and insight?
GameDay wants a siggy to represent the most important time of his life while playing this game he has developed a liking for. Those insignia and what they represent live in him every day of his life and are not something that you can take a lot of "artistic liberty" with. I would imagine that is why he is offering 10ops for the siggy.... You all have done some awesome artwork, but I hope this post helps you understand what you are actually making.  

Wow, not many people actually know anything about all of that. Glad to see someone who has a hint of knowledge, as i may be retired now these times will never pass. Thanks for that, and i am liking a lot of these.

--

Also i like the last pic a lot, if you could change it from an m-16 to the newer m-4 attached m-203, and put GameDay ina more military and a bit bigger i think would look awesome Smile
Thats how i wore my patch also even tho it was against regs. haha. I also had the same tag on the butt of my rifle and digi-camo. Anyways i know its hard to make, thats why i offer so much for someone to be creative Smile

LittleBunny69

Rank 0
LittleBunny69
PostedOct 30, 2012 4:57 am
I know you already kinda picked out a winner, but I still wanted to try one with all the images combined, so here it is~

Fly.Away

Rank 0
Fly.Away
PostedOct 30, 2012 6:39 am
dont know if this is still running or not, cant hurt to post though right? Razz

didn't turn out like i hoped it would, but didnt want to redo everything ><
if this is still running and i find the time ill try again Very Happy

Amarllis

Rank 1
Amarllis
PostedOct 30, 2012 9:21 am
Is the contest over?

ForceReconBlack

Rank 3
ForceReconBlack
PostedOct 30, 2012 12:01 pm
Amarllis wrote:
Is the contest over?  

Still Running nothing quite perfect but some really close ones.

Thank you guys for posting Smile

Amarllis

Rank 1
Amarllis
PostedOct 30, 2012 7:42 pm   Last edited by Amarllis on Oct 31, 2012 10:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total

my entry (:

ForceReconBlack

Rank 3
ForceReconBlack
PostedOct 31, 2012 7:55 pm
this kind of font if possible ^^

evan713

Rank 5
evan713
PostedOct 31, 2012 8:11 pm
I think your current siggy works, anyway the person who made it still has the file, that way all they have to do is edit text.

uberfearr

Rank 3
uberfearr
PostedOct 31, 2012 8:22 pm
lalala

*cough*fonts*cough*

ciao.

just makin' it easier.