TensaiCirno

Rank 0
PostedOct 24, 2012 7:15 am

Will there be a server located in EU?

Is aeria going to launch a LO server located in Europe? Most highly-populated MMOs I've recently been playing are based on USA servers, which results in me having ping of 180-300. It makes things a bit harder, and pvp practically impossible.

I would love to play this game, but if there's only one USA server I guess I'll pass.
Advertisement

Shinjiro

Rank 2
Shinjiro
PostedOct 24, 2012 8:19 am
Aeria is US based, and it's not even out yet. There's no way of telling if there will be an EU server this early on; and if there will be one it likely isn't going to be Aeria.

Just hold off playing the game until an EU version is announced? Aeria tends to have pretty good servers though, there may be some distance lag but I can't imagine it being too bad.

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedOct 24, 2012 9:25 am
I doubt it. But it's not really bad I live in South-East Europe and have a lot less lag than the players from places like Philippines.

Chaotix453

Rank 1
Chaotix453
PostedOct 24, 2012 3:40 pm
Probably not.
Most EU players I know can use USA servers just fine, and an EU server for the odd minority probably wouldn't pay for itself.

It's a bit of tough luck there :/

ebby224x

Rank 0
ebby224x
PostedOct 25, 2012 7:08 am
Im Australian and im fine with it ? xD any ways the us server is pretty much global so you can kinda say yes ^^

LunarPrince12

Rank 1
LunarPrince12
PostedOct 25, 2012 11:31 am
Because that's true I can bet there will be an all Brazilian guild when LO comes out.

MeiuAngel

Rank 2
MeiuAngel
PostedOct 25, 2012 12:03 pm
An EU server would be fab! It's a struggle sometimes when you're 7 hours ahead of your guildmates and are rarely on at the same time x.x

But I played both Alphas (I'm in th UK, so not that much closer to the servers than Poland! xD) and had absolutely zero lag issues. Except during the server test party =P
If you're having trouble connecting to the US, it might just be that your internet isn't good enough. Have you played any of Aeria's other games? That might give you an idea of how much lag you could expect in LO.

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedOct 26, 2012 12:01 pm
MeiuAngel wrote:
An EU server would be fab! It's a struggle sometimes when you're 7 hours ahead of your guildmates and are rarely on at the same time x.x

But I played both Alphas (I'm in th UK, so not that much closer to the servers than Poland! xD) and had absolutely zero lag issues. Except during the server test party =P
If you're having trouble connecting to the US, it might just be that your internet isn't good enough. Have you played any of Aeria's other games? That might give you an idea of how much lag you could expect in LO.  

Time zones. You get used to it. Look on the bright side, you might even lag less than US players because servers are not so crowded when you play ( if you play when it's late night in NA )

LunarPrince12

Rank 1
LunarPrince12
PostedOct 26, 2012 12:13 pm
CookinDanger wrote:
MeiuAngel wrote:

Time zones. You get used to it. Look on the bright side, you might even lag less than US players because servers are not so crowded when you play ( if you play when it's late night in NA )  

Still might make it hard if your with a guild that is the majority in the US.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedOct 26, 2012 12:22 pm
LunarPrince12 wrote:
CookinDanger wrote:
MeiuAngel wrote:

Still might make it hard if your with a guild that is the majority in the US.  

I was thinking that myself....I also hope Aeria gets some really, really good severs for LO. e.e