Aznteck

Rank 5.1
Aznteck
PostedOct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

How to balance the game.

It's not rocket science people. Credits to HazardLight.
So the game is imbalanced from 1 thing and 1 thing only. Cash items. The fact that cash items overpower normal items. But they can't really nerf any of these otherwise people will cry all over it being not as powerful (broken) as they were before and stop buying the item because of that reason (boo **** hoo), and they cannot remove these items because that will just remove any income going into Aeria. But when you look at what Softnyx has come up with in the past year, how is it that they have not come up with it yet?

1) Softnyx has proven that you can make a room with extra options if you buy a cash item.

2) Softnyx has also proven that they can deny any GP/Gold gains if you play in certain rooms.

3) Softnyx has also proven that they can disable items (Heavy Weapon) from being used in rooms.

Why not just create a "No Cash Item" room option?

You're all probably thinking "Then everyone will play it and there will be no point in buying cash items anymore when everyone will play this.". No problem, I've got this covered.

To create these "No Cash Item" rooms, you have to buy the item with Cash (just like Power Room), and just to add a trade off so that everyone will not play this, you will not gain any GP/Gold at all when you play in these rooms.

This way, people who care about ranks won't lose anything out of this cause. People playing in "No Cash Item" rooms will not gain any gold or exp causing them to not rise in the leader boards, making it harder for them to buy items with because of the denial of gold. People who want to play "No Cash Item" rooms will also have to buy an item to even think about making the room. APers can continue to abuse their broken and overpowered items in normal games without the risk of people creating multiples of these rooms cause lots of people care about their dear ranks so much. Aeria will make money off of an item that will bring back a chunk of the community who wants to see balance. Community will start to grow back slightly. It's a win win situation all around for players who want balance, Aeria making money, players who care about rank and are scared everyone will play these rooms, Aeria getting a community back.

Advertisement

HazardLight

Rank 4
HazardLight
PostedOct 23, 2012 10:22 pm
My idea couldn't have been said more beautifully.

Aznteck

Rank 5.1
Aznteck
PostedOct 23, 2012 10:24 pm
HazardLight wrote:
My idea couldn't have been said more beautifully.  

Gotta combine ideas to make better ideas.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedOct 23, 2012 10:31 pm
That is put simply and in a productive way which I feel many players have tried to express in the wrong way. Put bluntly, this thread shows what needs to be done, whats wrong, and shows why people are leaving. It's not our fault for certain players trolling, they have the same expectations and share the same opinions that many people have. This is the time where you either listen, or face the possibility that everyone will ultimately leave.

I went off the thread there, but that's my addition.

HazardLight

Rank 4
HazardLight
PostedOct 24, 2012 10:10 am
Aeria really needs to push this to Softnyx, it truly is a win/win deal for the community and to keep that AP flowing.

I will be very sad if this thread is just thrown aside like all the others.

dershil

Rank 5
dershil
PostedOct 24, 2012 11:26 am
I'd buy it.

oruspi

Rank 5
oruspi
PostedOct 24, 2012 12:15 pm
Agreed (Didn't even read it)

Sebster18

Rank 4
Sebster18
PostedOct 24, 2012 12:22 pm
I was thinking the same this morning.
Just not really like your ideea,I thought of creating a sub-mode,FG.
So you can play all modes and can select as a sub-mode or whatever(doesn't mater sub-mode,mode or option) freedom game.
So a room that is not allowing you to use ap guns,wc,grenade,chars,etc.

wtf7

Rank 3
wtf7
PostedOct 31, 2012 9:03 am
I'd say a no cash server.

Work with a key ($5/month) and you can join this server.
(Server should have some pro's, like more gold, new content tests (maps,...)).

I'd buy a key for that!

~~ Since 2009 ~~

germanproz

Rank 5
germanproz
PostedNov 18, 2012 5:20 pm
.... Genius. Buying AP to play no AP... The scary thing is that it'd work...