mm_fighter

Rank 0
PostedOct 23, 2012 7:10 am

Silent Shotting

How does it work?
well I've heard of this and seen it and silent shooting has decreased but yesterday in game i managed to SS my reminton 870 twice which suprised me massivly as its a shotgun
Also how does it really work cos I just scroll up + down when I shoot ( gives same effect as 3+1 or Q+Q) and sometimes it works and mostly doesn't.
Advertisement

InchanJung

Rank 0
PostedOct 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Silent Shotting

How does it work?
mm_fighter wrote:
well I've heard of this and seen it and silent shooting has decreased but yesterday in game i managed to SS my reminton 870 twice which suprised me massivly as its a shotgun
Also how does it really work cos I just scroll up + down when I shoot ( gives same effect as 3+1 or Q+Q) and sometimes it works and mostly doesn't.  

Hard to explain but there are game "ticks."
Let's just say that firing a gun takes 10 game ticks.
Let's also say that switching into x takes 5 game ticks.
In between the firing and switching there is silence which lasts for 1 game tick.
Let us also assume that the sound of the shot firing takes 1.5 game ticks to occur after the shot occurs.

So essentially what would normally happen is that at 11.5 game ticks, the sound would register but by quick switching you are lowering the 11.5 game ticks to 11, where the sound of the shot(s) being fired will not register.
Make sense?

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
The2009RKO
PostedOct 31, 2012 5:54 am
I always through silent shooting = macro Mad

teamspeakuser1

Rank 3
teamspeakuser1
PostedNov 05, 2012 12:38 am

Re: Silent Shotting

How does it work?
mm_fighter wrote:

Try Q3

<br>

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedNov 05, 2012 1:12 pm
if you do a perfect quickswitch (do it fast enough) it makes the sniper shot silent, but only for others, as for rifles and the like, its lagg related, had my guns gu silent a lot last22 days, never occured before

Why do Zombies want your Brains? Because you do not use them anyway!

Levantation

Rank 2
PostedNov 05, 2012 1:37 pm
Quick switching with any gun fast enough causes the bullets to be silent. That's a given. It has to do with frames, and sound calls, things like that, related to the game code, and latency.

Silent shotting when not qs'ing has to do with latency. Also there are bugs within the game that cause some gun shots to be silent for no reason.

Headshots are silent 90% of the time now. Idk why, but just headshots.

Macroing also causes silent shots because you are tapping faster than the gun allows, meaning the bullets you are shooting technically don't exist, and the sound effects aren't called by time the next bullet is shot.

I think those are the only current causes for silent shots, for now of course.