GameMaster: USA
PostedOct 24, 2012 6:47 pm
Thanks

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedOct 24, 2012 6:52 pm
Welcome.

I also went back over the config file some. I may have mistaken my first look at it.
Code:
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client"/>
If i'm right, then this one is the "recommended" NETFramework/

Code:
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" sku="client"/><!-- Only .NET 3.5 SP1 -->

While this one is the Minimum NETFramework needed to run Ignite. So as long as a OS has 3.5 SP1 (service pack 1) then it will run.

Back to what i've said earlier in the post, this is an ignite internal issue, whether it be that it's having trouble connecting to the log in server thus being unable to fully bring up a proper screen, or the screen is there but is being blocked by some issue within the system. I will continue to poke around to see if i can find any issue that MAY have been on computer side.

Additional information has been PM'ed to you Hado,

Voltess

Rank 0
PostedOct 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Aeria Ignite login / logon screen

Error trying to login, details blanked out with white screen.
Hello,

I started to get this problem following a restore of my PC. Configuration Win XP SP3, .NET 3.5, browser Google Chrome. I reinstalled a previously working version of Aeria Ignite and all was fine until I pressed the Logon button. The logon screen flashed up for a few seconds, followed by the ‘loading’ icon. This flashed a few times and was replaced by a blank (white) screen.

I fixed this problem as follows:

1. Started Internet Explorer (Version 6), not Google Chrome.

2. I used IE to downloaded Adobe Flash from get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ ,then selected my OS and browser as Internet Explorer from the drop down menus.

3. I installed Adobe Flash from the above download and now the Aeria Ignite Login Works.

It took two attempts to get flash to download and install. I’m not sure what when wrong the first time, but everything is fine now.

I think flash must have been loaded prior to the PC restore when everything was ok and that messed up Aeria Ignite following its reinstallation without flash present.

Best of luck with this and I hope it helps.

theuglyfiend

Rank 0
PostedOct 25, 2012 4:47 pm
But whats pisses me off about the logon issue is that in order to play i have to log off and log back into windows. Not a full restart but log off. I fixed this problem as follows:

1. On your computer and login as normal

2. Do all the things you would do before playing ignite like checking facebook etc.

3. Log off your user. DO NOT SHUTDOWN OR RESTART. Just simply log off

4. Log on like normal

5. As soon as your computer loads(like whenever the loading icon next to your mouse is gone)
quickly press born to fire. Not the cxpatch or it wont work. Press the born to fire icon that redirects you to aeria ignite.

6. Look in the corner of the screen. The Aeria Ignite icon should appear any moment. double click on that.

7. Quickly as AI loads press the play button for BTF.

8. When the BTF login screen appears type as FAST as you can. As in like type like the average teenager but faster.

9. SPAM THE LOGIN BUTTON FAST.

10. Press gamestart fast.

11. You should run BTF! But I can't do anything about the Authorization not responding or w/e. That angered me and wouldn't let me play for like 2 days.

12. When ever you want to play BTF do as followed.

Its probably Aeria Ignite glitching up. Something to do with Adobe and IE.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedOct 25, 2012 5:27 pm
theuglyfiend wrote:
But whats pisses me off about the logon issue is that in order to play i have to log off and log back into windows. Not a full restart but log off. I fixed this problem as follows:

1. On your computer and login as normal

2. Do all the things you would do before playing ignite like checking facebook etc.

3. Log off your user. DO NOT SHUTDOWN OR RESTART. Just simply log off

4. Log on like normal

5. As soon as your computer loads(like whenever the loading icon next to your mouse is gone)
quickly press born to fire. Not the cxpatch or it wont work. Press the born to fire icon that redirects you to aeria ignite.

6. Look in the corner of the screen. The Aeria Ignite icon should appear any moment. double click on that.

7. Quickly as AI loads press the play button for BTF.

8. When the BTF login screen appears type as FAST as you can. As in like type like the average teenager but faster.

9. SPAM THE LOGIN BUTTON FAST.

10. Press gamestart fast.

11. You should run BTF! But I can't do anything about the Authorization not responding or w/e. That angered me and wouldn't let me play for like 2 days.

12. When ever you want to play BTF do as followed.

Its probably Aeria Ignite glitching up. Something to do with Adobe and IE.  

Lol what? If Ignite is giving you that much of an issue, just run BTF_Launcher_Aeriaweb.exe in C:\AeriaGames\BornToFire.

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedOct 25, 2012 8:38 pm
To GM Hado -

Just a thought, i believe ignite is an extension of I.E (Internet Explorer), not everyone uses IE, maybe make a compatibility option in the settings where Ignite would connect to the other major browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera).

Do to an... irritating issue with my internet provider, i can only use Google Chrome to do any kind of internet browser. Maybe this option placed in with the next build?

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedOct 25, 2012 10:41 pm
doc09 wrote:
To GM Hado -

Just a thought, i believe ignite is an extension of I.E (Internet Explorer), not everyone uses IE, maybe make a compatibility option in the settings where Ignite would connect to the other major browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera).

Do to an... irritating issue with my internet provider, i can only use Google Chrome to do any kind of internet browser. Maybe this option placed in with the next build?  

I actually tested this theory in the past and removed IE, though Ignite still functioned properly so I dunno.

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedOct 26, 2012 11:53 am
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
doc09 wrote:
To GM Hado -

I actually tested this theory in the past and removed IE, though Ignite still functioned properly so I dunno.  

Then it's back to square one - Ignite itself is the issue.

But anyhow, when the next build comes, i'd like to see HTTPS/SSL be part of the build, i can't use any browser but Google Chrome for this reason, due to my phone/internet company being irritable.. Maybe adding the forums itself into ignite, that way it doesn't pull up in a browser tab.