Triniteh

Rank 0
PostedOct 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Item un-bounding feature?

Basically, Just a simple thought here. I don't think it's doable and i'm confident that it may of been requested before but i haven't seen the post so here goes.

I feel like there should be an item-unbounding NPC or a feature, after discussing this with one of my alliance friends i thought i'd put this idea forward.
The main reasons i feel like this would be a good feature is that you could get more items flowing in the server instead of high level players being forced to either copper them or just have them sitting in their inventory as they level up and they become useless to them.

I would personally have this as a gold feature (For example different gold prices to unbound items based on rarity)
Another example.

• Blue items = 5 Gold to un-bound
    Purple = 10 gold
    Orange = 20 gold
    Red = 30-50 gold.

I personally feel like this would be a good feature however feel free to agree or disagree.
Advertisement

Produlon

Rank 0
PostedOct 22, 2012 5:55 pm

unbounding

in my opinion it is a great idea but

even red items prices between players went too low
purple and blue items will never find any one want to unbound them
on the other hand orange and red items worth max 5g to unbound an orang and 10 for red items

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedOct 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: unbounding

Produlon wrote:
in my opinion it is a great idea but

even red items prices between players went too low
purple and blue items will never find any one want to unbound them
on the other hand orange and red items worth max 5g to unbound an orang and 10 for red items  

the idea has, as guessed by the opening poster, been raised before.
If it is ever introduced the gold prices to unbind reds and oranges are likely to be much higher than those suggested here (they cannot set prices too low when those items require high wheel spinning cost/Exploit or score points to get), also bare in mind the cost of astrals to make some of the items, and gold lost from people reslotting gear since they would just unbind someone else's slotted gear.

With this in mind, the prices that would be set for an unbind ncp are likely to be so high to render the feature almost useless.

In theory it is a nice idea, in practice i doubt the implementation would make it worthwhile using