Author Message

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Posts
2597
Location
London/Lailah United Kingdom
PostedOct 20, 2012 11:05 am

20-30 UM PvP Questions.

Okay, so rather then letting archer go to waste, I want to join some pals in canta.
My knowledge on archers is rather limited tbh..

1. Is it worth going if you can't afford dread top/pants?
2. If you were going into canta with an UM Archer, what stat build would you go with when lvling?
3. What stats would you add the pvp stats to(Vet manager)?
4. What would you link (all shrewd/ all str/ all luc)?
5. What is this "Kiting" I hear about?
6. Other then enchants, would HP max-OJ's be worth it for the little amount it gives, and should any life lapis be linked, despite the max life being lv6?
7. Is EoM tier the only time they put canta dreads in the tier?
8. Any advice?

I see arguments over luc vs str, but tbh I need to make a choice, rather then debate what one could do better.

Been a fighter for 2 and half years so I'm 100% nub.. as an Archer.

-Retired.
Advertisement

cnctina2

Rank 3
cnctina2
Joined
30 Dec 2009
Posts
933
Location
United States
PostedOct 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Re: 20-30 UM PvP Questions.

Well I don't pvp in canta but I will give some troll thoughts cuz well, the server is down and I don't have anything else to do.

1. Is it worth going if you can't afford dread top/pants?

PVP in canta without dread would be like pvp in 70 with Justia, you can do it as long as your expectations are not too high.

2. If you were going into canta with an UM Archer, what stat build would you go with when lvling?

I prefer to add all my stats to STR when lvling and use SS nos and KO nos. I would think you will need to restat after your gear is linked anyway. Dunno the best stats for canta pvp though.

3. What stats would you add the pvp stats to(Vet manager)?

Add whatever you think is lacking when you pvp.

4. What would you link (all shrewd/ all str/ all luc)?

Archers need STR, LUC, DEX so link the highest level of each to get the most stats from your linking. I personally like to survive so Rec, life or abs could make a good 4th link.

5. What is this "Kiting" I hear about?

Its what we do to tick mele DPS off cuz they can't reach us to hit us. All other classes you can call it running but for us its 'Kiting' Twisted Evil

6. Other then enchants, would HP max-OJ's be worth it for the little amount it gives, and should any life lapis be linked, despite the max life being lv6?

Dunno and finding out would give me a headache.

7. Is EoM tier the only time they put canta dreads in the tier?

I believe I have seen a dread gear tier but typically it would be EOM.

8. Any advice?

Enjoy your archer they are really fun to play, remember they play a support role, and never stop moving.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Posts
2597
Location
London/Lailah United Kingdom
PostedOct 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: 20-30 UM PvP Questions.

cnctina2 wrote:
Well I don't pvp in canta but I will give some troll thoughts cuz well, the server is down and I don't have anything else to do.

1. Is it worth going if you can't afford dread top/pants?

PVP in canta without dread would be like pvp in 70 with Justia, you can do it as long as your expectations are not too high.

2. If you were going into canta with an UM Archer, what stat build would you go with when lvling?

I prefer to add all my stats to STR when lvling and use SS nos and KO nos. I would think you will need to restat after your gear is linked anyway. Dunno the best stats for canta pvp though.

3. What stats would you add the pvp stats to(Vet manager)?

Add whatever you think is lacking when you pvp.

4. What would you link (all shrewd/ all str/ all luc)?

Archers need STR, LUC, DEX so link the highest level of each to get the most stats from your linking. I personally like to survive so Rec, life or abs could make a good 4th link.

5. What is this "Kiting" I hear about?

Its what we do to tick mele DPS off cuz they can't reach us to hit us. All other classes you can call it running but for us its 'Kiting' Twisted Evil

6. Other then enchants, would HP max-OJ's be worth it for the little amount it gives, and should any life lapis be linked, despite the max life being lv6?

Dunno and finding out would give me a headache.

7. Is EoM tier the only time they put canta dreads in the tier?

I believe I have seen a dread gear tier but typically it would be EOM.

8. Any advice?

Enjoy your archer they are really fun to play, remember they play a support role, and never stop moving.  


This is exactly what I needed. Thank you ^^

-Retired.

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
Joined
15 May 2011
Posts
979
Location
Cambridge United Kingdom
PostedOct 21, 2012 10:55 am

Re: 20-30 UM PvP Questions.

LordKotaro1011 wrote:
cnctina2 wrote:
Well I don't pvp in canta but I will give some troll thoughts cuz well, the server is down and I don't have anything else to do.

1. Is it worth going if you can't afford dread top/pants?

PVP in canta without dread would be like pvp in 70 with Justia, you can do it as long as your expectations are not too high.

2. If you were going into canta with an UM Archer, what stat build would you go with when lvling?

I prefer to add all my stats to STR when lvling and use SS nos and KO nos. I would think you will need to restat after your gear is linked anyway. Dunno the best stats for canta pvp though.

3. What stats would you add the pvp stats to(Vet manager)?

Add whatever you think is lacking when you pvp.

4. What would you link (all shrewd/ all str/ all luc)?

Archers need STR, LUC, DEX so link the highest level of each to get the most stats from your linking. I personally like to survive so Rec, life or abs could make a good 4th link.

5. What is this "Kiting" I hear about?

Its what we do to tick mele DPS off cuz they can't reach us to hit us. All other classes you can call it running but for us its 'Kiting' Twisted Evil

6. Other then enchants, would HP max-OJ's be worth it for the little amount it gives, and should any life lapis be linked, despite the max life being lv6?

Dunno and finding out would give me a headache.

7. Is EoM tier the only time they put canta dreads in the tier?

I believe I have seen a dread gear tier but typically it would be EOM.

8. Any advice?

Enjoy your archer they are really fun to play, remember they play a support role, and never stop moving.  


This is exactly what I needed. Thank you ^^  


There are toons w/o dread top/pants in Canta - broadly they fall into two camps:
1/ Very high ranked toons who have had their gear forever and get away with it 'cos they have the stat points from their rank to balance things.
2/ Fillers.
Group 1 will regularly get in raids and will get the kills accordingly; group 2 might find getting into the main raid tricky and will likely struggle to get kills.
- Personally I would advise that if you are going to the expense of linking 6's, Maxing OJ's and high enchants then you should try and get dreads.

Tina has it right for grinding stats. But for Canta pvp you should know that the community enforces a no noss and no rems policy. As for build then my advice is:
1/ Do your gear first.
2/ Then add stats:
- add dex until you can hit consistently (probably need a minimum of 250 but plenty have more)
- then add luc until you crit consistently (probably going to be +450)
- then put the rest into str.

With regards links then as Tina said you need to be getting the max of dex/luc/str in (after ele's/sonics/flash) after that I'd go with Life6's and skip on abs/rec as you just don't have the slots.

All my gear has max-OJ's on HP (it makes a big difference in survivability when some toons will be hitting you for +2.5K a pop) and then if you can max another go with one of dex/luc/str.

Other advice: mana-shot and stamina-shot are your friends. Even if you can't kill them easily then distracting healers by draining their mana will win you kudos and draining stamina on the enemy dps when they go after your own healers is very much appreciated too.

malfurion_sk

Rank 1
malfurion_sk
Joined
06 Jun 2011
Posts
338
Location
Slovakia
PostedOct 21, 2012 11:18 am
Well, I am doing UM archer for Canta, too. I have dread helm/gaunts/boots and heroic top/pants with decent hp OJs (minimum 400) and heroic bow. I am linking fortune 6 to every piece of gear i can. Then ele2/sonic/flash ofc (I have just sonic and ele2 in wep so far). I'll have around 400luc once i am done linking, then i aim to have around 300dex, rest will go to str.

I also linked 1 life 6 to my gaunts to increase HP. It adds just 500hp, but i think in Canta it is pretty much. I have total hp of almost 5,6k atm without priest buffs.

According to build, i did very bad build - 4str/5luc, so i have little dex, but i'll restat as soon as i am done linking.

I hope this will be enough to do well in Canta.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Posts
2597
Location
London/Lailah United Kingdom
PostedOct 21, 2012 7:41 pm
Still Grinding atm. Only 26. Grinding build is mainly str and some dex,but will stat reset if needed at a later time.
Been to canta on other classes, but not for way over a year. I'm glad they still enforce the "No Noss rule"

-Retired.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
Joined
02 Feb 2009
Posts
9838
Location
Finland
PostedOct 22, 2012 5:52 am   Last edited by splasher__ on Oct 22, 2012 8:16 am. Edited 1 time in total
There's also a difference between running and kiting. Kiting is when you try to avoid for example warriors' non target AoEs while you try to keep your range so you keep your max damage (if you are next to the target your damage cuts down).
Also, believe it or not, most archers/hunters only run instead of kiting.

thearchman2006

Rank 2
thearchman2006
Joined
14 Oct 2009
Posts
739
Location
United States
PostedOct 22, 2012 7:20 am
splasher__ wrote:
There's also a difference with running and kiting. Kiting is when you try to avoid for example warriors' non target AoEs while you try to keep your range so you keep your max damage (if you are next to the target your damage cuts down).
Also, believe it or not, most archers/hunters only run instead of kiting.  


i could name a 2 flower rank that could teach you the "running" technique well. far as i know, 1 hit and sonic 3 is activated.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Posts
2597
Location
London/Lailah United Kingdom
PostedOct 22, 2012 9:56 am
Can't say much on pvp experience, but I normally poison, slow shot, and nail shot them, while backing off slowly. Then cause them to stop with piercing shot (can't name the new skills :/ ), and start to then hit them heavy with rapid shot, wide shot and I guess some weaker ones like bulls eye. That's normally on reds. I always tend to jump back or over the enemy after I stun them so I can gain some distance and begin to back up again.

For pvp, other then mana shot, stamina shot, tranquilizer, nail shot and poison, what else would you recomend?

-Retired.

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
Joined
15 May 2011
Posts
979
Location
Cambridge United Kingdom
PostedOct 22, 2012 12:32 pm
LordKotaro1011 wrote:
For pvp, other then mana shot, stamina shot, tranquilizer, nail shot and poison, what else would you recomend?  

I might be missing a trick here as I never use tranquilizer but the rest you mention I use regularly. Beyond those then the skills I use most often are:
Rapid Shot - guess that needs no explanation.
Bulls Eye - great finisher when you have to hit to kill before they pot.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: