jrbelknap

Rank 0
jrbelknap
PostedOct 19, 2012 9:30 pm
Based solely on the content of the applications and not on prior affiliation, I think most highly of the answers provided by ProjectY, Kermode (great detail and writing!), and Dennae. Assuming the candidates do not have additional IRL obligations that would overload them in their capacity as a GS, I would favor the above applicants.

>:3
Advertisement

Dennae1

Rank 0
Dennae1
PostedOct 20, 2012 8:00 am   Last edited by Dennae1 on Oct 22, 2012 1:25 am. Edited 1 time in total
Game Sage Application Feedback
I reserve the right to make changes to this post as I see fit.

Please also note that I am not a GS, just trying to provide feedback in the most helpful way possible.

I am not quite as intense as Flareous, so I'll only be providing Feedback for those that really stand out to me.

• ProjektY: I've seen you in game a lot. You're constantly posting, and you've done some interesting work, including the fusion thread, and figuring out post count limits. You've been quite helpful from what I can see, and friendly in game. I've not really seen you Forum active on the AGE forums though. Your main contribution has been the Fusion thread, but I see a lot of potential. I know you quit for a while, but if you're back for good, then awesome.

Result: I believe with a little bit of work you would be a great gamesage candidate. Recommended

Suggestion: Increase your time spent on the AGE forums. We're a wonderful group of people. Also try hosting a few events which encourage others to get on the forums.

• Reefer: I'm going to be brutally honest. Before you started campaigning for GS, I had never heard of you. You didn't stand out to me in game, and I hadn't seen you on the forums. I would have passed you over in my mind as some newb. Since the Apps have opened though, I've seen you running contests, posting on both forums, and being generally helpful. I'm impressed with what you're doing, though I do have to wonder if it's all just to get GS, or if you just never knew what to do before.

Result: Semi-Neutral?

Suggestion: Keep it up. You've stuck out in my mind, and the minds of others, I am sure. Keep hosting events, helping people out. You're giving away the only SR you have, and that makes me really proud of you. If you don't make it this round, I hope you can keep up for next round.

Reefer12

Rank 0
Reefer12
PostedOct 20, 2012 9:19 am

Re: Flareous Feedback

Flareous wrote:

[*]Reefer: i have seen you around every now and then. Your name isnt really fitting but isnt too bad. your battle cry is pretty negative. not entirely sure how long you have been playing but you had an AGE account for about 2 months and just started posting. Before i start ive noticed you took the liberty to see how i was evaluating players and decided to take initiative to make some changes. i like that. you have started to become more active in game and the forums. ive seen you help. and you are trying your hand at an event. The application itself feels somewhat rushed. You have a mixed knowledge on the Gamesages. at most it can be seen at basic to about average knowledge mixed with misinformed information.

Result: It is hard to say if you are ready for an Aeriamobile:Gamesage position. Neutral

Suggestion: You look like you know what you are lacking and already trying to improve to meet expectations. keep it up. my only major concern is that all this recent activity isnt just because the GS applications are open and if not picked will you continue your recent activity till the next applications be it a month to 4 months down the road. I shall remain Neutral on your status until i have a solid feeling of your motives and actions.  

Thank you for your feed back Flare I did notice a few things I could do to improve some things and I am actively and currently working on them. I appriceate you taking the time to point them out to me, and to answer your question I've been playing for just over 3 months as for my low post count I made my account and just never had gotten around to using it but whether or not I do make GS the activity will not stop because there's always next time around as well.

Domingo255

Rank 0
PostedOct 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Flareous

The thread that got me disqualified was one where I was trying to find the application board. Sorry Flareous. Hopefully next time I will find it quicker.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

GMMochi

GameMaster: USA
GMMochi
PostedOct 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Reefer12 wrote:
Flareous wrote:

[*]Reefer: i have seen you around every now and then. Your name isnt really fitting but isnt too bad. your battle cry is pretty negative. not entirely sure how long you have been playing but you had an AGE account for about 2 months and just started posting. Before i start ive noticed you took the liberty to see how i was evaluating players and decided to take initiative to make some changes. i like that. you have started to become more active in game and the forums. ive seen you help. and you are trying your hand at an event. The application itself feels somewhat rushed. You have a mixed knowledge on the Gamesages. at most it can be seen at basic to about average knowledge mixed with misinformed information.

Result: It is hard to say if you are ready for an Aeriamobile:Gamesage position. Neutral

Suggestion: You look like you know what you are lacking and already trying to improve to meet expectations. keep it up. my only major concern is that all this recent activity isnt just because the GS applications are open and if not picked will you continue your recent activity till the next applications be it a month to 4 months down the road. I shall remain Neutral on your status until i have a solid feeling of your motives and actions.  

Thank you for your feed back Flare I did notice a few things I could do to improve some things and I am actively and currently working on them. I appriceate you taking the time to point them out to me, and to answer your question I've been playing for just over 3 months as for my low post count I made my account and just never had gotten around to using it but whether or not I do make GS the activity will not stop because there's always next time around as well.  

Good to know, it's never too late to start improving in order to become a better candidate.

rkv225

Rank 0
rkv225
PostedOct 20, 2012 3:51 pm
I definitely think ProjektY can handle the load of being a GS, no one has done more for the community than him.

I also support Kermode, I haven't seen the person but they've got an Android and a good application. I think its good to have a GS that uses something other than Apple devices (I'm assuming the other GS' use Apple since Android MP app came out only recently).

Reefer12

Rank 0
Reefer12
PostedOct 20, 2012 9:55 pm

GMMochi wrote:
Reefer12 wrote:
Flareous wrote:

Good to know, it's never too late to start improving in order to become a better candidate.  

Thank you Mochi I appriceate you taking the time to read through it and post some feedback as well as Flare

(its case sensitive: iVzjWXb)

Reefer12

Rank 0
Reefer12
PostedOct 22, 2012 1:52 pm
Thank you for your assesment Dennae. I tried doing a few small events through out my time playing but they never really worked out like they were supposed to or I wanted to basically turned into a spam thread so I stopped. I never was active much on forums after I made my account and that was a mistakde on my part hosting my current event as a forums only really helped me become more active as well as raise forum activity. As I told Flare if I don't get picked this time around I will continue to do what im doing and continue to work on the things pointed out to me and hopefully make it the next time around.

(its case sensitive: iVzjWXb)

J.md1

Rank 0
J.md1
PostedOct 23, 2012 8:04 pm

TY for Feedback

Flareous Wrote
JMD: you are known and everywhere. you have been playing for about 4 months with an AGE account for 3 months. you had 2 prior post but they are too old to be tracked. AGE forum presence is low but your in game presence is really high. Only issue i saw during your application process is using the RT/contact us system. That is a big tool to know as a GS. Your application is ok. No event hosting experience. You do help players from what i see and you have helped the sages a few times. You also have some good knowledge of the game.You do have major random spam issues. You also run out of post on a regular basis, which isnt a big issue but does show you are active on the message boards a lot. You have a pretty good understanding of the gamesage position. You also seem to do a lot of bored threads.

Suggestion: You are social and do help which is good, but lets put that activity into the AGE forums as well. The RT/contact system is a big thing but is something that is easily learned. Id like to see you host an event. I would also like you to conserve your post count while maintaining your social post. sometimes as sages need to be able to post whenever needed. Also the consistent random spam should be toned down. In my opinion, You are very close to being out of the neutral zone into a Qualified candidate. For now ill remain neutral on your status. also try limiting or ending your bored threads.  

Thanks for the feedback Flareous
I will do what I can
I have Already taken your advice into account and made an Event and have limited my spamming issues

Kermode

Rank 0
Kermode
PostedOct 23, 2012 11:57 pm
Great to hear what you thought of my application, Flareous! I'm sort of blushing.

I know I am not a leader type and I understand a great need in people like that, and as for my very recent account age, I never usually dive into a game's forums until I've done a bit of experimenting with a game. Seeing the GS application on the News section of my home screen spurred a moment of "I think I might have what it takes to do this", and I joined a bit earlier than I had originally expected to.
(Unfortunately, my habit of hanging back around until I've gotten to know something well enough isn't quite the Game Sage material you guys are looking for. Perfectly understandable; I can only work up from there!)

This is well worth the try, and it gave me an idea of what I need to work on before I go out into the real world and/or join a higher cause within AGE. I hope the existing applications and their resulting feedbacks give newer applicants a rough concept of what to present to the table.

Good luck to everyone, and may all your summons produce Super Rares!