ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedOct 18, 2012 12:45 am   Last edited by ZiggyIsGrape on Feb 13, 2013 2:08 am. Edited 91 times in total

Look HERE before posting a tech help question

A compilation of many common errors and their solutions.

Hello everyone, this is an ongoing effort to help solve most of the common issues seen within AVA, as well as help new players, and veteran players alike with various tech help assistance and provide you with any information or resources that may be useful. If you have any comments, questions or concerns, or if you need some one on one help or advice, feel free to contact one of our great tech help volunteers listed below.

-------------------------------------------
Tech Volunteers (contact info)

[GS] ZiggyIsGrape*
IGN - [GS]Ziggy
Shoutbox

The2009RKO
IGN - XTheMizX

blaznyuu
IGN - iNyuuBlaZ
PM for TS info

cmendonc2
IGN - cmendonc2

SamQX

irobbing
IGN - L4Furr

Alt_Reaper321
IGN - WOLFTEAM94
YIM - grim_reaper321@ymail.com
Shoutbox

Whatacreatur
IGN - Whatacreatur

[GS] oSkOrpion
IGN - [GS]Ace

[GS] Trainer772*
IGN - [GS]Trainer

[GS] Oberonu

[GS] wiNx.**
IGN - [GS]wiNx
YIM - avawinx
Skype - avawinx

Bilingual Speakers
* - español
* - português
* - français
* - deutsch
* - русский
* - 日本語
* - 한국어
* - 中国的

Basic Resources

AVA system requirements

http://i47.tinypic.com/2dhh105.png

Do you meet the minimum requirements?

--------------------------------------------

AVA Server Status

Resource Downloads

Aeria Ignite
Microsoft C++ Redistributable x86 2008
Microsoft C++ Redistributable x64 2008
Microsoft C++ Redistributable x86 2010
Microsoft C++ Redistributable x64 2010
Microsoft Direct X
JAVA (I believe ignite and/or the Neowiz launcher uses JAVA)

Nvidia Driver Update
ATI Driver Update

Recommended Program Downloads By Ramsis

AVA Client Mirror Downloads

Aeria Direct
--MORE ADDED WHEN FOUND--
Advertisement

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedOct 18, 2012 12:45 am   Last edited by ZiggyIsGrape on Apr 07, 2013 2:07 pm. Edited 40 times in total
*Important*
Do not post any further questions you have about these issues in this thread, if you do, it will NOT be answered. Please make a separate thread in the Technical Issues Forum after reading through this thread and we will be there to help you as soon as we can. Thank you.

How to take a screenshot of your error/task manager/or desktop

---------------------------------------
AVA Common Technical Issues

Before attempting any of the fixes listed make sure you've read through all of the above and made sure that you meet the minimum requirements of AVA, and have installed all drivers and resources you need to run AVA. And make sure to check the server status just incase they're down for maintenance. Also make sure before trying to run AVA that your AntiVirus and Firewall are completely turned off (they can be turned back on after you've finished playing) as they commonly conflict with AVA. Also make sure any unneeded processes are closed before running AVA incase they might cause additional issues (Processes like Awesomium, and Akamai; And programs like Photoshop, Sony Vegas, and other resource intensive programs for example)

If your problem persists and you've tried all of the above in the original posts, and the suggested fix; create a separate thread about it in the technical issues section and include any details you can. Note that we are not miracle workers and will not always be able to solve your problem, but we will try our best.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
Issue: I am unable to connect and I am recieving  a timeout message.

Solution: Sometimes this means the servers are down, however some will recieve this issue soon after the servers go down and come back online. When you recieve the 'timeout connecting to server' message press the [Esc] key on your keyboard and it should reconnect successfully if the servers are up.

Code:
Issue: [After the Anti Cheat Implementation] I'm stuck at connecting, or get booted from the game soon after with a message from the Anti Cheat warning of possible 3rd party programs, or monitoring programs

Solution: These errors occur on behalf of the new Anti Cheat, and because it is more sensitive than the late Game Guard. Xigncode will no longer allow many background processes to be running, and now searches for running macro programs. To fix this issue open task manager, and look for any processes pertaining to Firewalls, Anti Virus programs, Keyboard and Mouse drivers, Monitoring programs such as FPS displaying programs and video recorders such as fraps and bandicam (most of these should be fine to use, but if you're receiving an error make sure to close them so you can be sure and rule them out from any possible causes) and other cluttering and unnecessary background programs such as Yahoo messenger, Steam if you're running from ignite or the NWZ launcher, and programs like Photoshop and Video editors like Sony Vegas. Use your best judgement as to what programs should, and should not be running while trying to boot AVA.

One program I recommend for this is Game Booster which is an efficient and easy to use program that will close unnecessary background processes that are not needed for gaming. It will give you a checklist of programs you wish to close and upon confirmation, will close all of those processes and programs simultaneously. Be cautious however, after running game booster and closing your processes make sure to close the game booster process itself in task manager as it can also conflict with the new Anti Cheat.

Some users may still have issues afterwards running AVA since there might be a process they missed that is still conflicting, if this is the case feel free to send me a PM saying so and I'll try to help you to the best of my abilities

Code:
Issue: I am unable to connect to the game with an error such as "Connection to server lost" or "Failed to get authorization code" on game bootup

Solution: The "Connection to server lost" bug is an ongoing server issue after recent patches, no known fix other than to keep attempting to login right now, GM's and Dev's are aware of the issue and are addressing it; The "Failed to get authorization code" error is also a new ongoing issue, this is apparently caused by steam and is fixed through closing the steam process entirely, also make sure other unwanted programs and processes are closed.

Code:
Issue: My login screen is appearing as white or blank, and/or only appears for a few seconds then disappears

OR

Issue: I am having an issue with the login screen, and it does not show up, or does not stay up long enough for me to login, then attempts to "auto login"

Solution: This issue occurs if JAVA is not up to date or if IE is not up to date or if you are running an add blocker. You can download the newest JAVA client here, also you can download the newest Internet Explorer client here. Also make sure your cookies and cache are clear, and if you are running an ad-blocker in any browser make sure that is disabled.

Also try this if that does not work

Solution: This may be related to some issue with Internet Explorer (the launcher uses the IE framework). I would first reset IE back to it's default state (and make sure IE isn't disabled):

I'm assuming you're running Windows 7 with IE9.

To reset Internet Explorer settings

Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button Picture of the Tools button, and then click Internet options.

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.

In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.

Close Internet Explorer.

Code:
Issue: I log into AVA as a different character, and not prompted to enter login information

Solution: This is caused by being logged into steam, please log out of steam or close the program completely, and try re-logging into AVA through the launcher.

Code:
Issue: I'm having an issue installing Akamai

Solution: Please download Akamai from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7185980/akamai/netsession_installer.exe; and place the file in C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Akamai and run it. Recommended to scan with antivirus before running, just to be safe (there isn't really a thread here). Also note that after installing, Akamai can be closed while running AVA.

Code:
Issue: I am receiving the 'Thermida' error

Solution: Make sure you've closed any program that may be monitoring your computer; this includes any Anti Virus as well. Also, if you have Advanced System Care running, make sure that program is closed before running AVA (You can end it's process through task manager Ctrl + Shift + Esc > Right clicking the process > End process tree)

Code:
Issue: I'm getting "failed to execute AVA.exe"

Solution: This error is caused if by mistake your antivirus (or by another method) deleted AVA.exe. If you check in [Installed Drive]:\AeriaGames\AVA and you are unable to find AVA.exe than you can affirm this. Blaznyuu has uploaded the AVA.exe here. After downloading, place the file in that directory ([Installed Drive]:\AeriaGames\AVA).

Another solution is to simply reinstall AVA, however it would be great if we can just avoid that.

Code:
Issue: I am unable to play AVA on Windows 8

Solution: Right now AVA is incompatible with Windows 8, even with compatibility settings, The devs are aware of this issue and are working on it.

AVA Common In-Game Issues

Code:
Issue: I am unable to move when I start a match

Solution: This is a common error after recent patches; go into your ingame options and set your controls to default, also make sure your keyboard language matches up.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedOct 18, 2012 12:45 am   Last edited by ZiggyIsGrape on Oct 20, 2012 3:15 am. Edited 3 times in total
-----------------------------------------
Common Billing Issues
-----------------------------------------

Code:
Issue: My AP appears as inactive

Solution: This is completely normal, after every transaction there is an amount of time to determine if it's free from billing fraud and to avoid other issues. The normal waiting time is 15 - 30 minutes, however, If this persists for more than 2 hours, send a ticket to http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/billing

Code:
Issue: I am having an issue purchasing AP with Paysafe card

Solution: Make sure you have the correct type of currency selected that you're country or area uses.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedOct 18, 2012 12:45 am
Reserved

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedOct 18, 2012 12:45 am
Reserved

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedOct 18, 2012 1:02 am
Reserved

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedOct 18, 2012 1:02 am
Reserved

secretagent46

Rank 2
secretagent46
PostedOct 18, 2012 1:46 am

Re: AVA Tech Help FAQ [Under Construction]

Look here before posting a tech help question
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
AVA Tech Help

Here is a guide that will help solve most of the common issues seen within AVA, as well as help new players, and veteran players alike with various tech help assistance and provide you with any information or resources that may be useful. If you have any comments, questions or concerns, or if you need some one on one help or advice, feel free to contact one of our great tech help volunteers listed below.

Tech Volunteers (contact info)

ZiggyIsGrape
IGN - Ziggy
YIM - coryhertsch@yahoo.com
Xfire - Volvagiase

blaznyuu
--ADDED LATER--

cmendonc2
--ADDED LATER--

[GS]Oberonu
--ADDED LATER--
--MORE VOLUNTEERS ADDED LATER--

Basic Resources

AVA system requirements

http://i47.tinypic.com/2dhh105.png

Can you run AVA?

AVA Server Status

Resource Downloads

2008 Microsoft C++ Redistributable
Microsoft Direct X
JAVA (I believe ignite and/or the Neowiz launcher uses JAVA)

Nvidia Driver Update
ATI Driver Update

Recommended Program Downloads

CCleaner - A great program useful for removing unnecessary junk files and cleaning your registry, resulting in a better PC performance
Advanced System Care - A program that encompasses a multitude of useful PC optimizing tools, and a great overall PC scan and fix.
Game Booster - A program that will close unnecessary processes and services to improve overall PC and gaming performance

AVA Client Mirror Downloads

Aeria Direct
--MORE ADDED WHEN FOUND--  
Also may i add that u must always Try to run the game, as sometimes that site is not always Correct. i just tested it with AVA and it said i can't run it, iNyuuBlaz and Ziggy can prove that because they has seen me playing itz.... So just beware of that.

blaznyuu

Rank 4
blaznyuu
PostedOct 18, 2012 6:06 am
nice topic, Ziggy xD I'll help out if I can

blaznyuu
IGN: iNyuuBlaZ
contact: send him a private message at Aeria Games first, later on you can get TS info ^_^

My Event: click this if you're not single =^.^= ElumineLily, 25thNight, BlaZcoWicZ, 25thBaam, iNyuuBlaZ, RWBY, Yoredet, KIRITOxASUNA, ShiWoonYi, NiTianErXing

irobbing

Rank 5
irobbing
PostedOct 18, 2012 8:15 pm
If you need Tech Help as well, I might be of Assisstance.

IGN: iPerz