ZombieIceCream

Aeria: Product Manager
ZombieIceCream
PostedOct 17, 2012 8:47 pm   Last edited by ZombieIceCream on Nov 01, 2012 3:02 pm. Edited 2 times in total

PRODUCER BLOG - Round two!

Let's get these questions answered!
Like us on Facebook!

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 - Round Two!  

The first round of questions!

When is CBT?!?!?!
We know you're all eager to get in the game - and I wish we had a concrete date to hand you right now. Unfortunately, we still can't announce the CBT date as of the posting of our blog. Not the answer you're looking for - we know. We can promise that we'll have something solid for you soon - but any details beyond that are unavailable at this point. Sorry!

Are classes gender locked?
From Facebook
The short answer - yes. Some classes and races are regretfully gender locked. Some classes - like the Warrior - will be available to all genders & races. Overtime, we hope these will open up a bit more, but not going into CBT.

Will events have participation prizes and other rewards that are in-game items?
Of course! In fact, we've started our first event already on Facebook: the likes Milestones app.

That's our questions for this week! We're going to cut it a little short so we can also introduce Jimmie the Gremlin - he's a less-than-adequate monster who just wants to do his best. Check him out here:

Jimmie the Gremlin - Episode 1 Monster Vlog!

Don't forget! Post here with your questions for next week!

Best,
ZIC & North

Advertisement

Wiz120

Rank 0
Wiz120
PostedOct 17, 2012 9:16 pm
I've seen people in comas answer more questions than you.

JerBear452

Rank 3
JerBear452
PostedOct 18, 2012 10:01 am   Last edited by JerBear452 on Oct 18, 2012 2:21 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Can we get details about the opt-in open word pvp? Will there be some kind of reward for having it on? or is it going to be one of those things only a handful of people ever have it on because there is no reason too?

Are races cosmetic? ie laycan and human warrior the same stats/skills just look different? if different are we going to be given the information?

are hotkeys customizable?

who in the guild will have access to guild storage and guild bank(the one that monster tax money goes too)?

last one isnt really a question but more of a suggestion if you are doing the producer log for a while any chance you will create a thread that links them all so they can be easily found in the future.

will be editing it with more questions as i think of them during the week.

Stelawrat

Rank 4
Stelawrat
PostedOct 18, 2012 12:07 pm
Guys, I'm sorry. There's so much info on the website, that I haven't finished reading it all & I'm throwing these questions up here now, without really checking the forum, to see if they've already been addressed. Please just ignore them if that's the case.

Guilds
Please clarify the benefits of a level 1 guild vs a level 3 guild. When a level 1 guild is created, is the guild name secured at that time, meaning the Guild Name Registration is a reference to a prerequisite to Siege Warfare only?

Can solo players donate their Reputation to Guilds?

Castle Siege
Are the 6 castles all equal in status, rewards, attributes etc., or are there benefits to owning one over another?

Please confirm the meaning of this warning, which applies during castle siege battles, “Beware: any unregistered characters found on the battleground will appear as an enemy to both warring factions. “ So this means that if you aren't in a guild, therefore not officially registered for the battle, you can still be present in the territory & participate?

Is there any advantage for the participating guilds to kill these solo players or vice-versa? Can the solo player earn anything different by pvp'ing during a castle siege vs during normal pvp?

At some point in the evolution of the game, do you anticipate the possibility for solo players to officially sign up as attackers or defenders, through the NPC, as guilds do now?

Transformation System
Are the 3 transformation items available as drops? How long does the transformation period last?

When you say that the Monster Registry Cards, “can be found & bought all over Latos, so keep an eye out!”, do you mean found as random drops & bought from non-specific NPC's vs designated NPC's?

Miscellaneous
Are you directly able to adjust the timing of the various battles, to enable as many players as possible from the EU, SEA & NA to have access to them, or are you reliant on the developers to meet these requirements?
At what level do the mobs begin to aggro & is it singly or in packs?
What are the background sounds, particularly the background music tracks like?

CB Related
How long will the CB last? Can we have one that lasts at least one month or more & if not, why not?

Will there be a mass mailing to the Aeria Community re: the CB, including players from games no longer offered on site? including players whose profiles have been temporarily disabled for security or other reasons?

I really appreciate this blog. Will it be maintained throughout the life of the game, even if it's just used sporadically?

RedivivusPopuli

Rank 1
RedivivusPopuli
PostedOct 18, 2012 1:03 pm
Jimmie the Gremlin
+1 Very Happy

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedOct 18, 2012 1:50 pm
Wiz120 wrote:
I've seen people in comas answer more questions than you.  

They were probably allowed to only answer those questions. Razz

ZombieIceCream

Aeria: Product Manager
ZombieIceCream
PostedOct 18, 2012 4:16 pm
Stelawrat wrote:

I really appreciate this blog. Will it be maintained throughout the life of the game, even if it's just used sporadically?  

Great questions - and a lot I hope we can cover week to week, as we DO plan on maintaining our Producer Blog as long as we can - hopefully for a very long time after DKO is live. Smile

JerBear452

Rank 3
JerBear452
PostedOct 19, 2012 11:57 am
ZombieIceCream wrote:
Stelawrat wrote:

Great questions - and a lot I hope we can cover week to week, as we DO plan on maintaining our Producer Blog as long as we can - hopefully for a very long time after DKO is live. Smile  

If that is the case will they saved in a thread that is bookmarked/stickied w/e you want call it so they can be easily referenced?

Stelawrat

Rank 4
Stelawrat
PostedOct 19, 2012 4:42 pm
JerBear452 wrote:
ZombieIceCream wrote:
Stelawrat wrote:

If that is the case will they saved in a thread that is bookmarked/stickied w/e you want call it so they can be easily referenced?  
Thanks & that's great to hear ZIC & yes, hopefully the blog will form a part of the stickied group of threads, usually kept at the top of a game's forum. \o/

Tearfulplace

Rank 2
Tearfulplace
PostedOct 19, 2012 9:20 pm
I've not seen this question,or been able to find it answering it myself on the wiki....uh anything about a pet system or even pets at all ?