GMHigherCalibur

GameMaster: USA
GMHigherCalibur
PostedOct 17, 2012 5:19 pm

GS Impersonation is a Bannable Offense

It's a violation of the ToS
Attention, soldiers!

It has come to my attention that there are several of you out there that have decided to start sporting the [GS] tags in-game. Unless you are an actual Game Sage, this is unacceptable and is a breach of the Aeria Games Terms of Service.

http://www.aeriagames.com/policy/terms

Section 7, Subsection c: "You agree not to take any of the following actions... Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an AGE official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity."

As this has always been a part of the Terms of Service, we will not be retroactively removing the bans from people who have already been punished for Game Sage Impersonation. You know what you were doing so saying "oh I didn't know it was a rule" is not, nor has it ever been, an exceptable excuse.

However, I would like to take this time to remind you all that impersonating a Game Sage, a GM or anyone, whether or not they are a member of the Aeria Games staff, is a bannable offense and we will take action immediately.

That is all.

Dissmissed!