Syarl

Rank 1
PostedOct 17, 2012 11:39 am

Tilde Key (~) Not working

So on my friends computer when he hits the Tilde Key (~) it targets the next hostile entity. On my computer when I hit it absolutely nothing happens! The key works because I can use it while typing to talk in area chat, so that's not the problem. It makes it frustrating to have to click on somebody in PvP when I want to target them because people will often be in stacks or moving.

If anyone knows of a way to fix this let me know. I'm willing to post details about my PC but I'm not sure what's needed so I won't post anything until asked to.

Thanks
Advertisement

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedOct 17, 2012 11:48 am
You should try checking your keyboard settings in the Options Tab.

Syarl

Rank 1
PostedOct 17, 2012 11:54 am
Which settings am I checking?

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedOct 17, 2012 11:59 am
Options > User Settings
I think. this will let you change the keyboard settings. unless there is a Keyboard settings on options tab. i dont really remember.

Syarl

Rank 1
PostedOct 17, 2012 12:03 pm
tsavarite wrote:
Options > User Settings
I think. this will let you change the keyboard settings. unless there is a Keyboard settings on options tab. i dont really remember.  

I'm sorry but I have no clue what you're talking about. Are you talking in game? I press O to open my options and don't see a user settings. I do have a user option but it has nothing at all on it about keyboards. There is a Hotkey and Extra Hotkey tab but neither of them have the correct option either.

If your talking in the shaiya folder then I'll need specifics on what to look for.

I appreciate your assistance.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedOct 17, 2012 7:32 pm
I'm at work right now so I can't check this, but try going to your Shaiya folder and running the config.exe file.
If suffixes are hidden, there are two files called config, one of them will have the Shaiya icon - run that one.

From memory, one of the tabs in the config utility has key mappings in it.

I'll check this when I get home if nobody else has replied Smile

RIP Kizzd

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedOct 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Tilde Key (~) Not working

Syarl wrote:
So on my friends computer when he hits the Tilde Key (~) it targets the next hostile entity. On my computer when I hit it absolutely nothing happens! The key works because I can use it while typing to talk in area chat, so that's not the problem. It makes it frustrating to have to click on somebody in PvP when I want to target them because people will often be in stacks or moving.

If anyone knows of a way to fix this let me know. I'm willing to post details about my PC but I'm not sure what's needed so I won't post anything until asked to.

Thanks  

i have the EXACT same problem my lappy it works on....my 30 inch touch screen compy dont do **** when i hit ~ i have no idea why this happens either i assume its something with the language settings on the keyboard not allowing it to use ` as a "switch" key...but if u ever figure it out please let me know lol!!! i like my other computer it dont lag at all during pvp.....and clicking to next target sucks ****

Syarl

Rank 1
PostedOct 18, 2012 4:39 pm
Still haven't been able to fix it. Any more advice?

Thanks Smile

Syarl

Rank 1
PostedOct 31, 2012 11:17 am
Bump for a fix?

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedNov 06, 2012 7:36 am
I heard previously of this issue... is it an acer laptop, right?

Check this topic, in one of the last posts you should find the solution: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=263591#2059683