s.in

Rank 0
s.in
PostedDec 17, 2012 7:18 pm
NecromancerV wrote:
s.in wrote:

You missed my entire point. I think you don't understand what spam is because what you consider "spam" is 90 % of the internet.  

Read the original posting. I spelled it out right there in easy to read language. Smile  

Yes exactly
s.in wrote:

I think you don't understand what spam is

Advertisement

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedDec 17, 2012 7:37 pm
I don't think you do.

The original post was read and approved by a GM for explaining what is considered spam and disruptive language. It reflects the rules of AGE. I'm sorry you do not like it, but it does not change the fact that those are the rules.

Jennayx3

Rank 0
Jennayx3
PostedDec 19, 2012 12:51 am
Oh. Dont worry, In the past I didn't SS because I don't sit on the computer all say with my finger on the SS button like you do. But now I will make sure I click that SS button if you ever harass me or my husband wrongly =]

Also Isn't it a GS Job to help players with any questions they have to the best of their ability? Everytime I see a player asking you for any kind of help you just simply reply to them saying " Please send in a ticket" But If ever someone "spammed" its like OH NO the end of the world :O ! Then you ask a GM to come online to help you resolve the problem. Lets put our attention away from the spam issue. cause I feel that spam is not even a problem in our server, I've played other DDTank servers and in their server people spam in current and on trumpets. Compared to our server... Our Spam is already under control. I think your just over doing it. I think you just like to feel like your in power or something? o.o Seem like your pretty power hungry. Also one more thing. Your so rude to players and you try to act all smart in current chat. Lol Don't think that I dont see it =). You might make yourself look like ur a good GS in front of the GMs but the truth is that you dont even play the game to understand anyone. You just sit in lobby all day and wait for someone to type. Which is pretty sad Razz

DDTank IGN: Jennay League: FairyTale <3

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedDec 19, 2012 8:40 pm
Last time I will say it to you jenny, cause I don't think you quite grasp what I am saying...

If you feel any GS is doing something wrong or is acting improperly please make a report about it so a GM can investigate.

A player can sit here saying they are queen of the smurfs but that does not make it true just because they said they were.

And about your earlier point, when I tell players to fill out a report ticket it is because it is a matter that a GM needs to resolve with the player. I can not tell players false info just to placate them or tell them anything just to make them happy.

They ask me a question and I answer what I can. I'm sorry you don't like it and are fixated on it... but it is the way it is.

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedDec 20, 2012 7:43 pm
Hi players,

Let me see if I can clear some things up.

Why do we have this rule against spam?
Many players send in reports that their chat channel is cluttered with messages of items for sale or items that they would like to buy. This makes it harder for players to find Boatyard teammates, advertise leagues, or chat casually.

But there is a 30 second timer on current chat!
That is true but then people will use horn/trumpet/current channel to say the same thing and take up the entire chat window. Additionally, when 10+ people are trying to sell and buy items the chat window is just a scrolling blob of text where players need to post more often for their items/wants to be seen. This ultimately creates MORE messages as people are fighting for attention.

So if I can't sell items what are we supposed to do?
There is an auction house in the game that was specifically implemented for selling items. You can set up an auction and/or a buyout format just like a normal online auction. This means you can set your price.

But it's cheaper to sell in current!
How so? Auctions use gold which is overly abundant in this game (so do COD mail!). Buying an item for 300 coin in AH is the same if someone was selling an item in current chat for 300 coin. If you want to sell an item for cheaper than what the market is going for then by all means go for it. Want to get a good deal? Then place a lower bid than the asking price. Participating in this creates a server economy.

Any other reasons why the AH is better?
You are guaranteed the item you pay for. GMs receive tickets DAILY for players saying "So-and-so said they were selling a lvl 4 pearl but sent a COD mail with a lvl 1 pearl and I clicked accept not knowing HELP ME." You know exactly what you're getting and how much you're paying with the AH without waiting for player mails being sent, being accepted, etc.

Why do GSs get players banned for spam?
GSs dont. GSs send in reports like any other person through the regular support section and it's up to a GM to decide if their is a violation. If there is no violation being committed then no GM action is taken.

I will try and answer any more questions when I can so lets please keep this thread civil and instead maybe we can work as a community to come up with more creative solutions.

How does a For Sale/Want to Buy section in the DDTank forum sound?

gummybear23

Rank 1
PostedDec 20, 2012 10:43 pm
Most people who sell in in world chat/horn/trump are people who want fast money right away. Therefore buy/sell in forum won't work. I think we already have the auction house so buy/sell in forum is not needed. Just need convince the players to use auction house, or maybe aeria step up and set the prizes for things in the AH and make it uniform :3

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedDec 21, 2012 12:09 pm
The AH wasnt designed and put in for Aeria, it was put in for players to use.

NicoleP_05538

GameSage: Aeria Browser
NicoleP_05538
PostedDec 31, 2012 9:09 pm
haha how useful
but if i say i'm selling something only once, is it considered spam?

hiyahaibye

Rank 2
hiyahaibye
PostedJan 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Want to buy

:o Great idea!
A wanting to buy section sounds like a great idea!

And no NicoleP_05548 - it's not considered spam. but trying to sell in Current while a lot of people are trying to do the same at the same time, just doesnt work for the people who are talking casually. Understand a bit now =) Hope i helped.

toxictrauma01

Rank 3
toxictrauma01
PostedJan 01, 2013 3:28 pm
GMtk421 wrote:

How does a For Sale/Want to Buy section in the DDTank forum sound?  

I think this would be a decent idea, it would give the players somewhere to post their items or what items they want to buy, they can discuss in their threads what times they will be on to trade/buy/sell, etc. I think a Buying/Selling section in the forums would be good.