91%10
9%1
Total Votes :: 11

brothersquirrel

Rank 1
brothersquirrel
PostedOct 14, 2012 7:37 pm   Last edited by brothersquirrel on Oct 15, 2012 1:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Activate the 10 level kill points restriction.

According to your own page ( http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/guide/combat ), there is supposed to be a 10 level restriction on kill points, meaning you don't get credit for a kill if the opponents are separated by ten or more levels.

This is an integral part of the game and part of the posted rules. Yet it does not seem to be working, that is, kills count no matter the level difference.

70s killing low 50s in VR/PR was already ridiculous, and now with the raised level cap; it has been upgraded to ludicrous. Maybe it was taken away due to lack of available pvp, but with the server merge, there should always be 70-80s willing to do battle.

Reinstating the rule that was never supposed to be gone according to the aforementioned page would go a long way to making the Shaiya experience more enjoyable for players of all levels. It would also allow the grind up to be done more quickly, which means even more 80s to pvp with sooner. It's win-win.

Please consider fixing this for the good of everyone.
Advertisement

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedOct 15, 2012 10:41 am

Re: Bring back the 10 level kill points restriction.

brothersquirrel wrote:
According to your own page ( http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/guide/combat ), there is supposed to be a 10 level restriction on kill points, meaning you don't get credit for a kill if the opponents are separated by ten or more levels.

This is an integral part of the game and part of the posted rules. Yet it does not seem to be working, that is, kills count no matter the level difference.

70s killing low 50s in VR/PR was already ridiculous, and now with the raised level cap; it has been upgraded to ludicrous. Maybe it was taken away due to lack of available pvp, but with the server merge, there should always be 70-80s willing to do battle.

Reinstating the rule that was never supposed to be gone according to the aforementioned page would go a long way to making the Shaiya experience more enjoyable for players of all levels. It would also allow the grind up to be done more quickly, which means even more 80s to pvp with sooner. It's win-win.

Its never been the case, wouldn't be bringing it back, would just be actually activating it. Wouldn't make a huge difference imo though, most people just kill the opposite faction regardless of level.

besides low 50s in a map primarily designed for 60+ can nip to Lan'Harr Smile

malfurion_sk

Rank 1
malfurion_sk
PostedOct 15, 2012 1:00 pm

JamesGodden wrote:
brothersquirrel wrote:

Its never been the case, wouldn't be bringing it back, would just be actually activating it. Wouldn't make a huge difference imo though, most people just kill the opposite faction regardless of level.

But 60s still can't stand attack from 80s, even from 70s with fully linked, maxed gear.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedOct 15, 2012 1:03 pm

malfurion_sk wrote:
JamesGodden wrote:
brothersquirrel wrote:

But 60s still can't stand attack from 80s, even from 70s with fully linked, maxed gear.  

never said they could stand attacks from them, thats why its great to have so much 80 v 80 pvp going on Very Happy

brothersquirrel

Rank 1
brothersquirrel
PostedOct 15, 2012 1:54 pm

JamesGodden wrote:
brothersquirrel wrote:

Well they don't call me Nube for nuthin Wink I had to assume since I've read it on the official page since I started playing that it had to be active at SOME time, guess I assumed incorrectly. I agree about Lan. Too many people come to Regnum way too soon to glom on when they could be making parties in Lan.

I still think it would help discourage the nonsense that is the one-shot-killing of someone obviously nowhere near equipped enough to even put up a fight. I don't beat up children for fun irl, and I don't think people should be given in-game credit for something that takes little to no skill or effort.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedOct 15, 2012 2:25 pm

brothersquirrel wrote:
Well they don't call me Nube for nuthin Wink I had to assume since I've read it on the official page since I started playing that it had to be active at SOME time, guess I assumed incorrectly. I agree about Lan. Too many people come to Regnum way too soon to glom on when they could be making parties in Lan.  

It's not the only error on the forums/wiki Very Happy

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedOct 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Activate the 10 level kill points restriction.

brothersquirrel wrote:

/support BUT:
While I agree that if it says it in the rules, then it should apply in game... This will not keep level 80s from going into VR/PR and killing anything with a red name. You would still have the same problems as now.

malfurion_sk

Rank 1
malfurion_sk
PostedOct 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Activate the 10 level kill points restriction.

tsavarite wrote:
brothersquirrel wrote:

/support BUT:
While I agree that if it says it in the rules, then it should apply in game... This will not keep level 80s from going into VR/PR and killing anything with a red name. You would still have the same problems as now.  

It would help if 80s weren't able to invade VR/PR. However, this could be done after the 6.2 patch when there should be new PvP maps/dungeons.

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedOct 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Booo terible idea! get out of here!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! im not ok with that! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GwydionX

Rank 0
GwydionX
PostedOct 19, 2012 1:31 pm
But... But.. If they did that how will fury stat pad?

trolol

/support