Mad

for PvE at least.

Advertisement

Healer_11

Rank 4
Healer_11
PostedOct 12, 2012 5:11 am
What's wrong with archers? O.o

If you're talking about class imbalance, archers aren't the only suffering class.

HellsFire69

Rank 2
HellsFire69
PostedOct 12, 2012 5:44 am
Yes delete all the archers from the game lightside obviously don't need these ppl Laughing

SammyJ15992

Rank 0
SammyJ15992
PostedOct 12, 2012 6:08 am
Healer_11 wrote:

If you're talking about class imbalance, archers aren't the only suffering class.  

Maybe, but no other class is discriminated against as bad as Archers.
talking PvE here...

ziqo91

Rank 2
ziqo91
PostedOct 12, 2012 6:14 am
Healer_11 wrote:

+1

SammyJ15992

Rank 0
SammyJ15992
PostedOct 12, 2012 7:46 am
ziqo91 wrote:
Healer_11 wrote:

+1

besides the fact we have the lowest HP and Damage of the physical classes, least aoe potential ontop of 2 of our AOE skills being removed?

Nope, nothin wrong.

Healer_11

Rank 4
Healer_11
PostedOct 12, 2012 8:03 am
SammyJ15992 wrote:
ziqo91 wrote:
Healer_11 wrote:

+1

besides the fact we have the lowest HP and Damage of the physical classes, least aoe potential ontop of 2 of our AOE skills being removed?

Nope, nothin wrong.  

Lol I'm an archer and I never noticed. We have low HP because we aren't meant to tank - as for pvp you simply need gear. Low damage? Maybe in the lower levels. But, imo, an archer depends on LUC a lot, and, IF you have enough LUC, you hit A LOT. Also, I've heard that luc adds attack power for archers.
Although I do agree that we need more AOEs.

Imo rangers are also in a tough situation, if not tougher. Yes they have more aoes and they attack very fast, but they also have low HP and probably low damage without skills... Like I said earlier, archers aren't the only class with problems. All classes have their ups and downs.

SammyJ15992

Rank 0
SammyJ15992
PostedOct 12, 2012 8:13 am
Healer_11 wrote:

We have low HP because we aren't meant to tank

No, we arnt, but having a little more to soak some splash never hurt considering other classes can get alot more without giving up nearly asmuch damage as an Archer would have to.

Healer_11 wrote:

as for pvp you simply need gear.

not talking PvP
pvp is a battle of credit cards...
thus I stated PvE

Healer_11 wrote:

Low damage? Maybe in the lower levels. But, imo, an archer depends on LUC a lot, and, IF you have enough LUC, you hit A LOT. Also, I've heard that luc adds attack power for archers.

Low damage compared to every other class out there in a PvE situation, and stacking Luc is only good on bosses...nothing else...yes it does add attack power... at 1 luck = .3 atk

Healer_11 wrote:

Imo rangers are also in a tough situation, if not tougher. Yes they have more aoes and they attack very fast,

AS means nothing these days....everyone runs at max speed on weps either through nos/ice/eb/buffs
as such Ranger weps probably do need a buff in Atk, but im talking about Archers atm.
Rangers arnt discriminated against as much due to their AOEs and buffs

kmhasan

Rank 3
kmhasan
PostedOct 13, 2012 4:02 pm
What low HP are you talking about? I run about with as much HP as most fighters do.

Lower attack power than them? Sure. But that's how it has been from the very beginning. 1 Str = 1.3 attack for meelee. The 0.3 attack we get from Luc doesn't balance it out.

The lack of AoE, yeah I don't like that either. But then again, it wouldn't be realistic to fantasize an archer that can shoot so many arrows in one go.

What we do have, though, is the range benefit. It alone outweighs all you said here in this thread.

Masuyuu

Rank 4
Masuyuu
PostedOct 13, 2012 5:00 pm
SammyJ15992 wrote:

besides the fact we have the lowest HP and Damage of the physical classes

LOLnope, since you share the same armor class as Rangers (least till 70+ stuff I guess) you don't have the "lowest" and the fact you have at least 10x the range and don't need to be close this doesn't really matter anyway.

You don't have chains to burn thru to hinder you and do just as much if not more than Rangers and maybe Bdefs (due to long cooldowns on anything useful) and multiple set damage and % based damage debuffs to stack.

You can do more than enough to make up for lack of AoEs, Rangers have quite a few but they either have pretty big cooldowns, can be blocked by immunities or just eat up SP like there's no tomorrow.

Sorry not seeing you with the short end of the stick here :3