GMTaz

GameMaster: USA
GMTaz
PostedOct 11, 2012 6:09 pm

DKO Game Sage Application and Feedback Thread

View the application and provide feedback for those who are applying!
This thread is part of the GameSage Application process. GameSage is a very public position. We are making this part of the application public, because it is best to know how the community will feel about new applicants BEFORE they are accepted.

Ideal candidates are friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and non-judgmental. We're looking for fun, friendly volunteers.

If you have constructive feedback to give on an applicant please reply to this thread with your input. Please remember to keep feedback respectful, constructive, and polite at all times. Feedback should not contain personal criticisms  

To apply for the DK Online Game Sage program please follow the steps below

Step 1: Submit a Ticket
  • Go to the Game Support page
  • Select "Other" as the Subcategory
  • Select "DKOnline in English"
  • As the Subject please put "Game Sage Application"
  • As the Message simply state that you are applying to be a Game Sage
  • After you submit the ticket, write down the ticket number as you will need it in step 2

Step 2: Fill out the Game Sage Application
  • Go to this Game Sage Application and fill out all information
  • You MUST include your ticket number from Step 1 as this is how we will update you on the status of your application. If you do not include a ticket number you will not be considered for the program.

Step 3: Post a Reply to this Forum Post
  • In this thread click the New Reply button and include the following information:
    1. Confirm that you have completed steps 1 and 2
    2. List your in-game name and server.
    3. Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does
    4. Explain what you want to bring to the table if granted Game Sage status
  • Once you submit your reply, you're all done!  

• Thank you for your interest in the DK Online Game Sage program! Once you have completed all steps please allow up to 2 weeks to receive a decision on your application. If you have any questions regarding your application please reply to the ticket you submitted in step 2.
    Advertisement

coduxs

Rank 5
    coduxs
    PostedOct 16, 2012 6:30 pm
    Not directly related to Feedback but I just wanted to get the message out to other Aeria Games that I love this idea of feedback whilst the applications are on-going and being processed. On some other games the public opinion section of the Game Sage Application Process is often left until after positions have been decided, but it's nice to see that it's taken very seriously here.

PaperSpirit

Rank 4
    PaperSpirit
    PostedOct 16, 2012 7:41 pm
    This woulda been useful last week D: poop now i have to withdraw an app from another game :S

<a></a>

GMLeo

GameMaster: USA
    GMLeo
    PostedOct 16, 2012 7:44 pm
    GS Apps! Exciting! More community volunteers = more happy players!

*hops back over to Shaiyaland*

New siggy to come soon!

1ForLyfe

Rank 0
    1ForLyfe
    PostedOct 16, 2012 7:54 pm   Last edited by 1ForLyfe on Oct 17, 2012 10:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total
    Good Luck applicants!

Akash13

Rank 1
    Akash13
    PostedOct 16, 2012 8:48 pm   Last edited by Akash13 on Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total
    1-i completed 1st and 2nd steps.

2-no server atm

3-game sage is an important position because it is mediator between game masters and community.so his every activity matter a lot.a good gs must be active in in-game as well as forum and have a great influence over community.he must be helpful and must be responsive.most important thing that one need is -knowledge(about game and related stuff) and how to use that .he must know how to put his voice in front of community.he must know how to deal with people.and must respect others.he must have patience as well coz sometime condition may be difficult.

4-in that case,i will try to do what i said above .i will share everything i k with community and be helpful.as a gs ,i will focus on making community strong and more responsive.a good community is most important to make any game no 1 .so i will bring whole community together and strong .talking and sharing with people is fundamental of any position,i will focus on this part too.btw i m more concern about increasing dko community right now.coz it is new game.i want a huge player base.Smile

PaperSpirit

Rank 4
    PaperSpirit
    PostedOct 16, 2012 8:54 pm
    steps 1~2 finished Very Happy

List your in-game name and server:

Err what o.O?

Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does:

I always tend to write the same thing here. A good Gamesage in my opinion is a fellow player. Just because the title is given to them doesn't make them any different from regular players. I have come in meet many good people who help out and deliver kindness throughout the community w/o having the tags of a GS. Even without the tags players can strive to help out one another and help the community thrive. So in a matter of speaking a good Game Sage is just a good person in general; Player, Game Sage, and Newb alike. Regardless of the title; I think a good player should have a general good will towards the community. This is what a good player does, Game Sage is just the title that goes along with it.
    (This was written on the 12th, but I put a great deal of thought into it Very Happy so I am using it again.)

Explain what you want to bring to the table if granted Game Sage status

I'll bring my own chair Very Happy
    I think I have a generally good attitude towards the community and a lively spirit; which is good for the community because who wants a Debbie Downer as a Game Sage. I have also helped in a few other betas in the past and those went by smoothly. I Really enjoy that feeling where everyone starts off as equals in order to play a new game. The community is always much more lively and fresh; I want to be a part of that. Better stated I want to help make that an enjoyable experience for others as well.
    I was a new player once and had no knowledge of Game Sages back then. I want everyone to feel as thought they are part of the community; New players and all. I want to get them situated in the community so they can further enjoy the game and all aspects the community has to offer

<a></a>

coduxs

Rank 5
    coduxs
    PostedOct 16, 2012 9:07 pm
    -I have completed steps 1 and 2 to the best of my ability.

-I have not yet seen the In-Game System but my In-Game Name would be Codux.

Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does

I believe that a good Game Sage;
    • Is Active In-Game and on the Forums. To me, this is important to the AGE community because players may have questions that may be troubling them or situations that could be solved with the right knowledge.
    • Is able to provide In-game and forum support and able to provide answers to FAQs
    • Is able to promote Events from the forums/in-game, organize and run their own events and help players beyond the game itself.
    • Has an attitude that shows the desire to help others.
    • Always strives to improve his/her ability in one way or another.

Explain what you want to bring to the table if granted Game Sage status

To be honest the main thing that I can bring to the table is an honest, reliable, and positive attitude. Personality is an important trait to have so I will do my best to continue my friendly nature. Sometimes I will dis-agree with things happening in the game, but personal opinions generally do show themselves at some stage. Although I have Part-Time Work and School, I always try to spend as much time as possible helping out when I'm not socializing out-side in free time. I enjoy talking to players from different countries and learning about their cultures, and it is this which I love the most.

smileybee

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
    smileybee
    PostedOct 16, 2012 9:42 pm
    1.I've complete step 1 and 2

2.Currently Unavailable

3.Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does

A good game sage is someone that is sweet and down to earth, yet, enforces the rules. They're someone that are willing to forgive others. Whom are, also, unbiased and caring. They constantly thinking of new ideas to make the gaming community better. They make fun trivia, events, and badges to promote their game! They'll try to create an environment for players to feel comfortable in, so that players new, and old can have fun and enjoy the game as much as everyone else does.

4.Explain what you want to bring to the table if granted Game Sage status

I am a forum junky! I'll bring numerous of events to promote DKO. I love to fill out wiki for DKO, like general information for weapons, npcs, skills, etc. I want to learn everything I could about the game, and support players when ever they need help. I prioritize others before myself. So if I have responsibilities I need to fulfill; I'll do it as soon as I could and to the best of my ability.

And of course, have fun ~

toxictrauma01

Rank 3
    toxictrauma01
    PostedOct 16, 2012 10:14 pm   Last edited by toxictrauma01 on Nov 07, 2012 5:17 pm. Edited 3 times in total
    smileybee - Yes to smiley! She is a very friendly person, and is always willing to help! (from what I've seen) If you were to give her a chance at DKO GS, I'm sure she would do the best that she can, and try her very hardest to help with whatever she can. She is someone who doesn't give up easily, she is pretty patient (at most times Razz We all can be impatient from time to time), and she tends to learn very fast. She would be an ideal candidate for the DKO GS position. Don't let her slip through your hands like EE did, in my opinion, she would make an excellent Game Sage. I say Yes To smiley! Smile

Would also like to add, im not posting as Smileybee's friend or because she asked me too(which she didnt ask at all), im posting because she does have the potential, She can be very friendly with the community (as you can see in her Posts and also making forum sigs and avatars for people, that she gets along pretty well with a majority of the community) and she is very helpful, we need more GameSage(s) like that, not ones who never use the forums or never use shoutbox or never help in-general and who are rude. Im saying as a GameSage (with 16+ months of Experience, Browser and Grand Fantasia combined) that this member of the community very much has the potential to make an outstanding Game Sage, she may be a little rough around the edges, but they can be smoothed. I vouch for her. I would honestly be disappointed if she was denied.

Currently, no feedback for anyone else besides the two above.

Also would like to remind anyone else who is going to submit feedback;

If you have constructive feedback to give on an applicant please reply to this thread with your input. Please remember to keep feedback respectful, constructive, and polite at all times. Feedback should not contain personal criticisms.