Fannish

Rank 0
Fannish
PostedOct 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Google Chrome Blank Screen in Full Screen

HELP!
Okay, I discovered Chrome works FAR better than memory hog Firefox for Crystal Saga a while back, but suddenly Fullscreen stopped working in Chrome. As I have an 11 inch screen, the "normal" mode is near unbearable.

So I went back to Firefox.

Firefox is giving me issues, and I want to use the much more streamlined Chrome- so- time to bite the bullet and get some help.

I have- Updated Google, Cleared Cashe, Re-cleared Cashe, Checked the updates for google AGAIN, and still the game only loads in normal mode... Heeeellllp!
Advertisement

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedOct 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Google Chrome Blank Screen in Full Screen

HELP!
Fannish wrote:
Okay, I discovered Chrome works FAR better than memory hog Firefox for Crystal Saga a while back, but suddenly Fullscreen stopped working in Chrome. As I have an 11 inch screen, the "normal" mode is near unbearable.

So I went back to Firefox.

Firefox is giving me issues, and I want to use the much more streamlined Chrome- so- time to bite the bullet and get some help.

I have- Updated Google, Cleared Cashe, Re-cleared Cashe, Checked the updates for google AGAIN, and still the game only loads in normal mode... Heeeellllp!  

What is the exact error that you're getting? Can you screenshot it?

Fannish

Rank 0
Fannish
PostedOct 16, 2012 9:57 pm
It's black, nothing, no error, no code, nothing.

It's just- darkness.

I could try shooting a magic missile at it- but it's not helping.

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedOct 17, 2012 5:16 pm
Fannish wrote:
It's black, nothing, no error, no code, nothing.

It's just- darkness.

I could try shooting a magic missile at it- but it's not helping.  

i know you said you cleared flash and all but it sounds like a flash problem to me. Sometimes the latest updates of flash can cause a big problem in the latest browsers. I know they had a major issue with the update before last. So you can try two things.

1.) Downgrade flash to a previous version (like 10.3.xxx)

2.) Try a different browser.

Usually downgrading flash will work. You can try upgrading again once they have a fix out. Hope this works~

shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedOct 17, 2012 5:32 pm
if you orginally have flash on your computer it may be worth disabling the flash that google chrome has meaning u have the one u downloaded and google chromes own flash u can try removing googles chromes own flash as this may cause a conflict i had this same error before.

to do this:

type in plugins//chrome into the url
then in the top right expand
and look for flash (2files) if you see this diable the one that is located in google chrome
this may solve ur error

other things to try are what is stated in the previous posts ^^
you may also try uninstalling your browser reforming a registry clean and defrag
then redownload googgle chroome and disable google chromes own flash again

hope this helps

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedOct 19, 2012 8:56 am
Try doing it exactly like this. Before above steps preferably so we know where the problem lies step by step.

Follow these steps to a T
How to clear it in Google Chrome:
1.Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
2.Select Tools.
3.Select Clear browsing data.
4.In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
5.Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
6.Click Clear browsing data.

Try reloading the game after.