KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedOct 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Mounted Mystic

A way to make the combat mount useful to all, and maybe convince mystics to buy the thing.
Any boost to speed in combat is a nerf to the sage class tree. Any boost to speed which can not be stacked with the classes speed buffs is doubly so. As a mystic, I got 2 things to give me an edge: variety and speed, and I'd prefer to keep both as I can never fully top another class at their role if we are equally geared and skilled.

So, here's what I'm mildly complaining about, the combat mount. To most classes, it can be a god send. To stealthers, still useful providing they're fine with forsaking stealth. To a mystic, the thing is downright useless...

The suggestion: Allow Mystic to use combat mounts in their animal forms. No, I'm not suggesting we have wolves riding wolves (not a nature channel), apes riding wolves (albeit a humerous thought), or somehow perch a bird on the wolf's back. Put a banner on the rider's back displaying the animal whose form he is in. It doesn't need to flap in the wind or anything, just clearly show others what the sage/mystic/shaman is using.
Advertisement

GoldenOorazu

Rank 0
PostedOct 11, 2012 3:32 pm
So now you wanna be anti-fear on a mount too? >_>

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedOct 11, 2012 3:35 pm
I'm anti stun as well when I got my staff. I'm just asking for a way to make the mount useful. Now tell me, before the combat mount was implemented and if someone suggested it, wouldn't you say something along the lines of, "Wth, you want to go in combat on a mount?"

If it helps ease your fear, I can still be rooted. It's all in the class.

Adding in a response on this subject in another thread in order to satisfy that threads original poster w/out sacrificing my thoughts.

Mystics can move faster than "most" people with a battle mount for a limmited time. However, a battlemount's base speed is fast enough that after leaf on wind runs out, the mystic will be caught. (As a side note, it's true the "in combat" part is important, but as battlemount is also used in combat, hence, "battle" mount, it really has no bearing on debating the fairness/unfairness of battlemounts for the sage tree.) Admittedly, duel sleep hammers and decent enough defense are usually enough to ensure you can't catch a mystic that doesn't want to be caught (root being the exception), yet the mount is still a large nerf to mystics in 2 senses.

1. How useful are battlemounts? quite a few classes would say immensely. How useful are battlemounts to the sage tree? Unless you are spending the entire time healing, which in a sense limits a class whose strength is its versatality, the answer is close to nil. If many classes gain a boon while one or 2 classes don't, there has been at least some shift in the balance.

2. Mystics have 2 main strengths. They are jacks of all trades, and master of one, speed. Such an increase to the speed of all other classes usable in combat cannot fail to nerf the speed class at least a bit, especially if they have such limits attatched to their own use of this boost.

On the point of bird form in combat mount, yes, that speed is godly. Is there a reason it shouldn't be? The advantage once held before would be kept with a slight disadvantage to mystics as they now need to get used to that speed. Other than that, what makes it physically impossible?

and now a link to that thread.
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1557995