jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedOct 11, 2012 1:02 pm

No BB support

Why hasn't aeria mobile added some blackberry support as well? I understand this is a small minority but it is still a portion of mobile users.

Theres not a single game available for blackberry users and i can't even go to shoutbox/forums on it as well which is a major letdown.

Advertisement

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedOct 12, 2012 1:26 pm
I think it's because of how Blackberries are made and the technical work is different than an Android or Apple product. I mean even Apple and Android differ to a degree. Maybe there can be support eventually for Blackberries. Smile

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedOct 12, 2012 1:31 pm
iDerz wrote:
I think it's because of how Blackberries are made and the technical work is different than an Android or Apple product. I mean even Apple and Android differ to a degree. Maybe there can be support eventually for Blackberries. Smile  

A man can only hope so. I tried to acess it once, phone rebooted lol

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
PostedOct 17, 2012 1:43 pm
I can think of various reasons to not support BB yet.

- Apps are made with J2ME, an older/simpler kind of Java but yet different;
- Devices have bad Processor and low RAM;
- Browser is awfully buggy (bad html/css implementation, JavaScript hangs or not correctly implemented, HTML5/CSS3 non existent);
- Lot's of screen sizes and mostly of them, horizontal ( http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/List-of-Blackberry-Devices-with-resolution/td-p/556066 ). The only screen that is the same as iPhone's is BlackBerry Torch 9800, with 320x480. Others are 360xNNN or 320x240 etc.
- NON EXISTENT 'WebView' in OS 5.9 or older. It was only (bad) implemented on 6.0 and with lots of restrictions <== The MAIN factor, together with buggy browser.

These are the facts I think of now with my experience developing for BB.

But I think RIM might start offering better phones with better OS and better browsers since they changed browser rendering engine to WebKit (was a proprietary one prior to 6.0) so we might see something coming someday.

Don't lose your hopes ;D