smileybee

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
smileybee
PostedOct 21, 2012 11:56 am
Sebster18 wrote:
smileybee wrote:
since tiff wants me to o.o

Noooo.
I thought I'll win but what are the chances now ;o ?
*epic sig*  

LULz thnx Sebs xD
I love yours more actually x3

<marquee></marquee>
<center></center>
Advertisement

Ardanova

Rank 0
Ardanova
PostedOct 21, 2012 5:16 pm

My Entries on PM A. Mazinger's Signature

Signature for Product Manager Aeria.Mazinger
Welcome to Aeria!!!

*fingers cross >_<;*

<a></a>

the_mask500

Rank 5.1
the_mask500
PostedOct 21, 2012 5:25 pm
Welcome [PM]Mazinger!

And about the contest, I might give it a try later Razz

Lancaeron

Rank 0
Lancaeron
PostedOct 21, 2012 8:56 pm
Sebster18 wrote:
It's the forum rule,so respect it.
It is 700x200 becouse if it were bigger,the page would load slower.
And 120kb from same reason.
Just think if everybody would have a 20mb picture or even bigger,one page of a theard contains 10 posts,and 10x20mb....
So that's why this rules exist.For a good purpose.  

I wasn't arguing about the dimensions (700x200) ... I was asking about the file size. In most forums I've been, 120KB to 150KB is the max limit for signature images ... but those are 400px x 200px (like my current sig) in dimension. So it would just be reasonable to go a bit higher than 120KB for a 700x200 image.

Also, I probably should have made it clear that obviously I wasn't thinking of ludicrous file sizes like you mentioned (20MB). Even if most everyone who plays browser games have fast internet speeds (as most everyone here does), I'd still get pissed if everyone's lugging around sigpics worth 20MB apiece.

However, I don't think a few extra KBs (maybe an extra 100KB for extra artistic legroom?) will hurt. If you can load an Aeria browser game in less than a minute, then you won't feel the difference of a few extra KBs thrown in.

I wasn't about to disrespect any rule, your highness. I've read all four different webpages pertinent to my stay here, thank you. I raised a valid point, for which I do not need the rules (the same ones know) thrown back at me in such condescending manner. But thank you for bothering to reply.

Back to my case: I was hoping GMtk (or even Mazinger) will answer my question, since he's the one running the contest. Surely we can add an exception to the 120KB limit for PM Mazinger's sigpic? If not, then those with larger file sizes (like ~200KB) will be forced to scale down the image ... which is painful in the least.

smileybee

smileybee
PostedOct 21, 2012 9:09 pm
Lancaeron wrote:
-snipped-  

Sorry, it have to follow the rules.
I know its a pain. I have to scaled mine down to 120kb, but if you don't. You will be disqualify because they cant use it publicly.
It's hard for me to explain, but rules of forum are for everyone. Which mean, they cant make an exception just for you or just for Mazinger.

Forum Rules, if you want to read more about it.

If you feel like there's a problem with aeria's rules for signature, please go here and make a thread about it. ^^

Keep calm and have fun.~

<marquee></marquee>
<center></center>

Lancaeron

Rank 0
Lancaeron
PostedOct 21, 2012 9:55 pm
smileybee wrote:
Lancaeron wrote:
-snipped-  

Lancaeron wrote:
I've read all four different webpages pertinent to my stay here, thank you.  

----------------
smileybee wrote:
If you feel like there's a problem with aeria's rules for signature, please go here and make a thread about it. ^^  

Did you actually read my post? I don't have a problem with it. I'm aware of the rules, but I was asking a fairly reasonable question, to which I was hoping for a fairly reasonable and official answer, not from you nor anybody else, but from GMtk (the thread starter).

smileybee wrote:
Keep calm and have fun.~  

lol ... I've never been this calm, tyvm. Now kindly refrain from replying with the same answers and links as the poster I replied to with my very detailed explanation. I'm just trying to cover all the bases before I go and convert my entry from a lossless format into a lossy one (JPG) or, heaven forbid, scale it down.

smileybee

smileybee
PostedOct 21, 2012 10:06 pm
Lancaeron wrote:
smileybee wrote:
Lancaeron wrote:
-snipped-  

Lancaeron wrote:
I've read all four different webpages pertinent to my stay here, thank you.  

----------------
smileybee wrote:

Did you actually read my post? I don't have a problem with it. I'm aware of the rules, but I was asking a fairly reasonable question, to which I was hoping for a fairly reasonable and official answer, not from you nor anybody else, but from GMtk (the thread starter).

smileybee wrote:
Keep calm and have fun.~  

lol ... I've never been this calm, tyvm. Now kindly refrain from replying with the same answers and links as the poster I replied to with my very detailed explanation. I'm just trying to cover all the bases before I go and convert my entry from a lossless format into a lossy one (JPG) or, heaven forbid, scale it down.  

o.o good luck to your glorious entry.

<marquee></marquee>
<center></center>

toxictrauma01

Rank 3
toxictrauma01
PostedOct 21, 2012 10:11 pm
Lancaeron wrote:
Back to my case: I was hoping GMtk (or even Mazinger) will answer my question, since he's the one running the contest. Surely we can add an exception to the 120KB limit for PM Mazinger's sigpic? If not, then those with larger file sizes (like ~200KB) will be forced to scale down the image ... which is painful in the least.  

Most likely, they wont make an exception. That would be breaking the forum rules. If they let one person slide then it wont be fair to the rest. If you have to re-size it then Oh well, it's not the end of the world, it may take more time, but the rewards (if you win) are worth it.

yunni006

Rank 3
yunni006
PostedOct 21, 2012 11:07 pm
o: Welcome, sorry i'm a bit late c:

smiley told me to try it out so here we go. c:

Lancaeron

Rank 0
Lancaeron
PostedOct 21, 2012 11:20 pm
smileybee wrote:
o.o good luck to your glorious entry.  

Thanks. It's anything BUT glorious though. lol Not as good as some of the entries, but ehhh ...

toxictrauma01 wrote:
Oh well, it's not the end of the world  

But it is! It is! D:

------------
Anyway, I decided to just take the oft-beaten down [albeit clichéd] route and went with GIF. 256 colors has never been this ugly ... oh well. At least it's still 700x200.