Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedOct 09, 2012 6:37 am   Last edited by Superman0X on Oct 09, 2012 9:17 am. Edited 1 time in total
Spyra didnt go into detail, but I can give a bit more general information. He stated that we always start with the goldseller. We can do this based on how gold is generated.

There are three basic sources of gold for gold sellers:

Bots.
Gold/Items from stolen accounts.
AP items bought with stolen credit cards.

Whenever we are more effective at preventing any one of these methods, they increase the activity of the other two. The gold sellers will find a way to meet the demand, and each of the methods used causes problems for players.

The process to track, and find each of these sources of gold is complicated, and difficult. It normally requires following a chain of activity, and results in us finding where the gold has been accumulated, and then sold. When we are cleaning up, and removing the accounts... we also find the players that received the gold.

Sometimes players involve their friends (knowingly or not). If you have someone else play EE using your internet connection... and they decide to buy gold while doing so, and then give you half.... we are sorry, but they just made you a partner in their crime. If they do this multiple times... then you are stuck with the punishment as well.

We apologize that we can not effectively detect and track the activities of the goldsellers 100% in real time. It takes time and energy, and that means that people have the opportunity to buy gold.. often multiple times, before it catches up with them. In doing this, the gold buyer has paid a third party to harass (bots) or steal (account/cc) from others, just so that they can have more gold. We dont think that this behavior is something we want in our community.

Advertisement

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedOct 09, 2012 6:47 am
Thank you Spyra for addressing the issue directly and communicating some information and to the GMs who commented in this thread. Part of the disgruntlement from players was due to issues or the status of the game never being addressed or explained fully. A lot of players confused or wanting answers, yet never being answered or given a vague statement. We like to be informed if it is possible.

Fingers crossed if information will continue to be disclosed in this manner again.

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedOct 09, 2012 8:26 am
Thank you Superman0X for explaining even further.

P.S. - This is Eden Eternal, not Grand Fantasia. ♥

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedOct 09, 2012 10:14 am
thankies superman for explaining further

@spyra please understand that was not an accusation at all, i was stating thats how it can be seen with the sudden number of seemingly random people being banned for what they claim was no apparent reason

LadyAeries

Rank 0
PostedOct 09, 2012 12:38 pm
As a player who was not personally affected by this, I'd like to say thank you for the explanation nonetheless.

I was a little scared and annoyed when I asked for clarification on a rule about whether buying AP from other players in exchange for gold was allowed or not, and was told, word for word, "What is going on on the Diamond server does not need to be discussed". The defensiveness of that response felt like more cause to panic than the actual fact that people were being banned left, right and centre. Even though I hadn't done anything wrong, I was feeling like I might be next just for asking, and that fact was extremely alarming.

While I'm sure there are still plenty of users that are unsatisfied by the response, I'd like to say that it's a relief to hear any response at all regarding what has been going on over the weekend.

What I'd like to ask is, are you guys currently working to improve the methods with which you use to track down where the gold comes from and goes to in order to make sure you're as accurate as possible?

Awildrooster

Rank 0
PostedOct 09, 2012 1:53 pm
After all that has happened im honestly still scared to make any trades and stuff cuz of all that happened

Faenir.

Rank 0
Faenir.
PostedOct 09, 2012 3:01 pm
Great information, hope it will be all good soon!

Spyra

Aeria: Product Manager
Spyra
PostedOct 09, 2012 3:09 pm
LadyAeries wrote:
What I'd like to ask is, are you guys currently working to improve the methods with which you use to track down where the gold comes from and goes to in order to make sure you're as accurate as possible?  

You have every right to have your concerns be addressed, and please rest assure that simply doing your usual in-game trades with friends and guild-mates do not constitute as suspicious activities. Please read over my original post and Superman0X's reply for steps we take when investigating suspicious account activities. The result of our findings are always reviewed by multiple GM to ensure accuracy.

The thing is, it's hard to measure our performance to our community because players we cleared will never know that they were ever looked at from the beginning. How can we tell our players that what we've done is correct, when the end result means that nothing should happen at all? Since you've stated that you are not "affected by this," indirectly you've imply that whatever you've been doing should be fine. Hope this address your concern.

DrokMJ

Rank 0
PostedOct 09, 2012 3:23 pm
Bots.

I suppose it's impossible for players to earn a massive amount of gold in a legitimate way and sell it illegally? .__. Just pointing that out..

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedOct 09, 2012 4:07 pm
DrokMJ wrote:
Bots.

I suppose it's impossible for players to earn a massive amount of gold in a legitimate way and sell it illegally? .__. Just pointing that out..  

You can not sell gold for real money. It is also very hard to out compete someone who is just stealing the gold.