Gold Bars should be removed from the GWH and...

Placed in the GLs Bank
10%86 Votes
Placed in the GL's Gift Box on same Server
3%31 Votes
Removed from the economy as a gold sink
22%186 Votes
Given randomly to new players to help them succeed
8%70 Votes
Swapped out for Op Hammers at 3bil per Op
55%458 Votes
Total Votes :: 831 Votes

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:08 pm
tactics wrote:
b3def wrote:
My opinion is that you should just tell the Guild leader to send in a ticket about it, and let them choose their own Gold Bars fate.

For some guilds, maybe they only have 3B in Gold Bars, which isn't a lot. What about others that may have 30B+, they may be extremely sad that all of that gold they worked hard for, to just be removed, involuntary.

I honestly think letting the Guild Leader decide via ticket would be the most fair option.  

It is unreasonable to create even more tickets for the GM team at this time, so a blanket solution for guild warehouses is necessary.  

Given that most of the votes until now were cast before your clarification of who this measure will actually be for, it might be a good idea to start the poll over again, as I think those who cast theirs based on the initial wording of the post understood it like Killa and I did - to be an overall economy fix. Or just make sure the poll runs long enough for those initial votes to become statistically insignificant.][quote=

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.
Advertisement

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:09 pm
b3def wrote:
tactics wrote:
b3def wrote:
My opinion is that you should just tell the Guild leader to send in a ticket about it, and let them choose their own Gold Bars fate.

For some guilds, maybe they only have 3B in Gold Bars, which isn't a lot. What about others that may have 30B+, they may be extremely sad that all of that gold they worked hard for, to just be removed, involuntary.

I honestly think letting the Guild Leader decide via ticket would be the most fair option.  

It is unreasonable to create even more tickets for the GM team at this time, so a blanket solution for guild warehouses is necessary.  

I understand, but I was just stating my opinion on what would be the best option. Although mine isn't an option, I voted for the Gold Bars to be put into the Guild Leaders bank, which gives them control over what they do with it anyway.

I am just glad there's actually options for the people with Gold Bars stuck in their GWH.  

+1

-Retired.

k2matrix

Rank 0
k2matrix
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:13 pm
b3def wrote:
What about others that may have 30B+, they may be extremely sad that all of that gold they worked hard for, to just be removed, involuntary.  

+1

Our Guild made sure to put all our stored GBs on Officer toons before the (first) merger; but others might not have had that foresight, so I think it's rather unfair just to wipe out a Guild's "savings".
I have no idea why "wiping" them is the current option of choice according to the poll, and can't see it as being fair to those Guilds that have worked to accumulate GBs (to buy Etin etc).

The fairest options in my view are the first two, as these at least mean Guilds get to keep what they have worked for, and they get back exactly what they put in - rather than the last option which gives the benefit of actually being able to profit from this mess.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:19 pm
We would have done it too, but Lailah wasn't meant to have been affected.

-Retired.

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:20 pm
LordKotaro1011 wrote:

...gold bars were somehow changed with ep6, and had nothing to do with the merge.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:23 pm   Last edited by LordKotaro1011 on Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total
tactics wrote:
LordKotaro1011 wrote:

...gold bars were somehow changed with ep6, and had nothing to do with the merge.  

Read below.

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:26 pm
tactics wrote:
LordKotaro1011 wrote:

Yes but the merged servers had been warned ahead of time to remove everything from their GWH because of the merge, so most of them had already done so prior to the new episode. Lailah wasnt given that same warning and since the NT GBs were not mentioned anywhere (that I can find) as part of the new episode it was a bit of a shock.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:27 pm   Last edited by LordKotaro1011 on Oct 05, 2012 5:52 pm. Edited 6 times in total
tsavarite wrote:
tactics wrote:
LordKotaro1011 wrote:

Yes but the merged servers had been warned ahead of time to remove everything from their GWH because of the merge, so most of them had already done so prior to the new episode. Lailah wasnt given that same warning and since the NT GBs were not mentioned anywhere (that I can find) as part of the new episode it was a bit of a shock.  

+1 Exactly.

Also not all guilds store gold or items of worth, so they can sell them..
Most of us work as a guild and offer what we can to support the GH maintenance fee's and our players who need the support. Don't you remember that we get etin from the GRB merchant and it is the whole point of having donations for etin?
Removing them entirely would be just another kick in the teeth via AGE to it's lesser paying players.
I'm sure we can come up with a nice speech to let the new players know in the guild that their donations are kindly wiped, and feel free to send a ticket in. You just don't think of the people who are not able to afford AP like the rest of us.

The etin seller in GRB and pot merchants etc are the Guild gold sink. Wanna do more to help the sink? don't mess with the GH, and simply make the GH pot merchants accessible at a lower rank, so then more will use it frequently.

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedOct 05, 2012 5:45 pm
well, +1 to a bunch of posts above, and:

I am an hardcore support of gold sinking, but, cmon, we all know there are much better ways to do it than make a couple guilds (I dont believe ALL the guilds ranked atm had GB's in their GWH during the patch, most of them probably, but not all) pay a gold sink for a whole server (or 4 for all i care), it is just not fair.
on top of that there was no forewarning that the GB's would become NT/stuck, so those guilds would be losing assets because of a lack of information from the PM/GM team.

gold sinks are meant to target the whole server (like pots merch, blacksmith, AH board, goldbar and gate keeper fees, etc..) not target specific groups/guilds

onkluft

Rank 0
PostedOct 05, 2012 7:08 pm
you cant randomly rob people as a gold sink, that is so ridiculous! increase the tax on ah board and setup ingame raffles if you want to sink gold. as for the gb in gwh, give them some ops for them instead of just stealing their hard earned gold. the fact that AGE would suggest it is madness, the people are only voting for it because they dont care at all about anyone but themselves. "yes please AGE, make everyone in this game poor except me" AGE would do anything if big time ap buyers would vote for it. this is why shaiya died