Gold Bars should be removed from the GWH and...

Placed in the GLs Bank
10%86 Votes
Placed in the GL's Gift Box on same Server
3%31 Votes
Removed from the economy as a gold sink
22%186 Votes
Given randomly to new players to help them succeed
8%70 Votes
Swapped out for Op Hammers at 3bil per Op
55%458 Votes
Total Votes :: 831 Votes

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedOct 05, 2012 3:29 pm   Last edited by tactics on Oct 17, 2012 6:30 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Gold Bars in GWH solutions

Vote on solutions please
Hey everyone,

After some investigation about this issue, we've found out what our options are. Please vote for the one you like best.

Thanks,
-tactics.

[Update: For those who don't know, gold bars were changed to NT during the ep6 patch and guilds cannot add or remove them from their guild warehouses. This means that many guilds have gold bars stuck there, taking up space, and they can't be removed. This thread is meant to address that issue, and is a one-time solution.]

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."
Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedOct 05, 2012 3:36 pm
First.

And wow.... Ehm, remove from economy please. Gold drain. Thanks! Less gold = Better for everyone.

And Good to see a community poll on this. Nice work.

If you swap them for OPs all u will see is people slamming all their gold bars in the gwh and making a mint off it when the time comes.

Actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea.... MASSIVE gold drain. Reasonable price, a one shot wonder. Wish i could change my vote lulz.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

lxbryant1983

Rank 3
lxbryant1983
PostedOct 05, 2012 3:48 pm
get rid of them, bye bye gold!

tactics

tactics
PostedOct 05, 2012 3:53 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
First.

And wow.... Ehm, remove from economy please. Gold drain. Thanks! Less gold = Better for everyone.

If you swap them for OPs all u will see is people slamming all their gold bars in the gwh and making a mint off it when the time comes.

Actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea.... MASSIVE gold drain. Reasonable price, a one shot wonder. Wish i could change my vote lulz.  

They cannot be put in anymore.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedOct 05, 2012 3:53 pm   Last edited by billdoor on Oct 05, 2012 4:02 pm. Edited 6 times in total
Now, that's more like it. Actual initiative.

Just wonder if there is any particular reason why this would have to be the guild warehouse and not the warehouses of the individual player?

The reason I ask is that implies this will be a voluntary thing, meaning that anyone who chooses to hold on to their goldbars are free to do so and still spend them on the Auction House, keeping their gold in circulation.

Still, I like the guild approaches here, although the various guilds will have to come to internal agreements about what they will do with the OPs or what the GL should do with the gold before people start donating, depending on the choice you land on.

And then there's the final snag, made even greater with the server merge: only 60 guilds will qualify for this...30 on either faction. Before the initial merge, this would have worked wonders, now the members from about 180 guilds that ranked in the top 30s before the merges will not be able to do this after next week's merge...meaning you could have reached the majority of the players for this a couple of weeks ago, while you will now reach less than half. Neutral

Which is why I think considering goldbars in individual warehouses and toons for this idea rather than the guild warehouses might be a good idea...but if the GWH option is gone for, that means the change for OPs option has to be ditched, as that would give the top 30 of either faction massive advantages over those who cannot rank.

And then there's the awkward little fact that goldbars are currently untradable and cannot be put into the GWH. Yet.

Good initiative, though. I'd vote for full removal from individual warehouses and toons overall, but given the choices above, I'd say to remove from the economy altogether. Remember, only the top 30 on either faction can use the GWH.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedOct 05, 2012 3:53 pm
tactics wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
First.

They cannot be put in anymore.  
touché

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedOct 05, 2012 3:55 pm
I like 3rd and 5th option. Removing them totally would do a good gold sink, but 5th option would lower price on OPs which could help people too... hard to choose.

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedOct 05, 2012 3:56 pm
After the new episode came and GB were changed to NT, people cant add/remove them from the GWH anymore, regardless of Rank. So they are just taking up spaces for many guilds.

tactics

tactics
PostedOct 05, 2012 4:16 pm
tsavarite wrote:
After the new episode came and GB were changed to NT, people cant add/remove them from the GWH anymore, regardless of Rank. So they are just taking up spaces for many guilds.  

This. Players have gold bars stuck in their guild warehouses and we're trying to work on a solution, SeasonsEnd.

NGBanHammer

Rank 5
NGBanHammer
PostedOct 05, 2012 4:28 pm
hmmm I'm at the 50/50 region on this issue.

Youtube id: PvPNinjaGaidenPvP