aeria.moose

Aeria: Wingman
PostedOct 05, 2012 2:27 pm

[Ignite] Tribes Ascend FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Tribes: Ascend.

What is Tribes: Ascend?
Tribes: Ascend is the world’s fastest shooter - a high-adrenaline, online multiplayer shooter with jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, and multiple classes. The classic franchise Tribes has been played by well over 1 million people. With Tribes: Ascend, the franchise is reborn - fast-paced, vertical, acrobatic combat combined with class-based teamwork and stunning sci-fi visuals.

How do I play in the Tribes: Ascend?
Simply create an account at: Aeria Games and download the game through Ignite to play.

What platforms is Tribes: Ascend for?
Tribes: Ascend has been designed around the strengths of the PC platform. Players can download the game from Ignite.

What are the minimum system requirements to play Tribes: Ascend?
Minimum requirements
• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
• RAM: 2GB (XP), 3GB (Vista, Win7)
• Graphic card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 512MB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support. (ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher).
• Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
• Hard drive: 10 GB free
Recommended system requirements
• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
• RAM: 4GB
• Graphics card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 1GB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560+ or ATI Radeon 6950+).
• Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
• Hard drive: 10 GB free

What is the price of Tribes: Ascend?
Tribes: Ascend is a free-to-play game.

All gameplay-oriented content (classes, maps, weapons, perks) can be accessed or unlocked by playing the game itself. However, real-money microtransactions can be used to unlock classes or weapons more quickly and to acquire cosmetic items such as player skins.

What features are included with the launch version?
As on online free-to-play game, Hi-Rez Studios plans to deliver new content, features, and balance adjustments frequently after release.

The following features are included in the current live build of the game:

• Jetpacks - Freedom of movement and aerial dog-fight like combat
  • Skiing - Hold space bar to remove friction and build momentum downhill in order to reach intense speeds
  • Nine playable Classes - Each class consists of an Armor type (Light, Medium or Heavy), a Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Belt, Pack, and two active Perks. Three of the nine classes (Pathfinder, Soldier, Juggernaut) are immediately unlocked and playable in your first match. Other classes can be unlocked over time.
  • Weapon Unlocks and Upgrades - As you play a class you gain experience which can be used to unlock new weapons and weapon upgrades. Customize your class loadout to support your playstyle
  • Vehicles (3) - Pilot the powerful Beowolf tank, the speedy two-person Grav Cycle, and the versatile flying Shrike.
  • Open Battlefields - A variety of open environments and terrain including frozen wastelands, sprawling cities, and jagged mountains
  • Escalating Intensity - Within each match you earn Credits for shooting down enemies and supporting your team’s objectives. Use credits to upgrade base defenses, access vehicles, and call in tactical strikes.
  • Voice Game System (VGS) - Voice command system used to communicate tactics, taunts, or socially. Accessible thru the “V” shortcut in game
  • Spectator Mode - Zoom in on your favorite players, view player data, and switch quickly between action hot spots
  • Social - Friend or follow other players, join friends in matches, friend text chat and match text-chat

• Badges - An achievement-like system
  • Skins - Ability to customize the look of your favorite classes. Cosmetic skins now available for Infiltrator with additional skins coming soon.
  • Profiles - Ability to view and browse player stats

• Game Modes (5) -
    The Public/QuickPlay Queue includes:
    -Team Deathmatch,
    -Capture The Flag, Arena, and
    -Capture and Hold
    Custom Servers include additional game-mode option of:
    -Rabbit

• Playable Maps - 16 unique maps; some maps support multiple game-modes
  • CTF MAPS
    -Arx Novena
    -Crossfire
    -Drydock
    -Katabatic
    -Temple Ruins
    -Sunstar
    -Raindance

• TDM MAPS
    -Drydock Night
    -Inferno
    -Nightabatic
    -Outskirts
    -Quicksand
    -Sulfur Cove

• ARENA MAPS
    -Air Arena
    -Lava Arena
    -Walled In

• CAPTURE & HOLD VARIANTS
    -Katabatic
    -Raindance
    -Outskirts

• Custom Servers - Server Browser & Example Custom Servers. Hi-Rez has configured several Custom Servers. These servers are joinable and demonstrate the type of server configuration options that will be available.

• Why does my install not work/randomly stop?
    If you have previously Installed Tribes: Ascend on your computer, or if you currently have the Hi-Rez Studios version and are installing the Aeria Version, you may run in to this issue.

When you install, a "Hi-Rez Studios" folder gets created in the ProgramData directory that will keep you from being able to reinstall the game. If that folder is present, it will cause the launcher to think that the game is already installed and it will not progress to the download of the full client.

If this is you, please uninstall the Hi-Rez version, then delete the Hi-Rez Studios folder in your "ProgramData" directory, and try to install again.
Advertisement

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedOct 07, 2012 2:33 pm
Should be added to the system requirements a list of supported graphic card and that you need a card that supports alpha blending with floating point render targets.

This is the message I get when I go to play Tribes"

"Your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16R16F), which is required to run this game."

This is kind of sad because this is the only AGE hosted game that I have had any trouble with, let alone not have a proper graphics card for.

Listing the supported chipsets and graphic cards will save a lot of players trouble downloading a game they can't even play.

GM_Hadouken

GameMaster: USA
PostedOct 08, 2012 10:52 am

Updates

Updated 10/8/12 11:40am
added system requirements
added Installation issues

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedOct 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Does it work on Windows 8?

Just plain Beaver now.

GM_Hadouken

PostedOct 09, 2012 2:52 pm
OSUBeaver wrote:

The real question is how come you haven't sent me a copy yet?

Checking in to this issue, will let you know soon!

Deathpwn313

Rank 0
PostedOct 10, 2012 11:57 am
So in order to get the prizes (spinfusor and 3 days double exp) and the AVA items I have to uninstall my hi-rez version of this game and install from aeria ignite??

GM_Hadouken

PostedOct 10, 2012 12:22 pm
OSUBeaver wrote:

Here is the reply we got:

Some users running in Borderless mode sometimes have problems with the game minimizing back to the Metro subsystem, but many other users don't have this problem.

Running in Fullscreen seems to solve the problem for most if not all users. Other than that one issue, we don't know of any other problems.

Thanks for the question!

Jojih

Rank 0
Jojih
PostedOct 13, 2012 3:56 pm
Adding Tribes Ascend into the Aeria Games lineup is pretty pointless. Aeria's version of Tribes Ascend forced me to create a new account, rather than using my existing HR account.

Now I have 2 accounts.
HR: Switchkun
Aeria: Switches

I asked HR support to see if there's anyway to merge the accounts together. Unfortunately, it's not possible.

I highly recommend everyone to not make a new Tribes: Ascend account just to get the gun. For existing players, your HR account will work on both Steam and the standalone, while Aeria's version will only work on the Ignite client only.

Please inform me if there are any errors in this post. Thanks.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedOct 13, 2012 6:11 pm
Jojih wrote:
Adding Tribes Ascend into the Aeria Games lineup is pretty pointless.  

Actually, it's pretty smart. Now Aeria has a PC game, already fully developed and launched, which they don't even have to maintain to the extent of their other PC games (all this means much less required resources). And people, like myself, that have never played Tribes Ascend, are made aware of this game and given the opportunity to use AP on it. This means, we will in-turn buy more AP. I'm sure Aeria pays out some % to HR as well, so it's a win win.

Jojih

Rank 0
Jojih
PostedOct 13, 2012 6:49 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Jojih wrote:
Adding Tribes Ascend into the Aeria Games lineup is pretty pointless.  

Actually, it's pretty smart. Now Aeria has a PC game, already fully developed and launched, which they don't even have to maintain to the extent of their other PC games (all this means much less required resources). And people, like myself, that have never played Tribes Ascend, are made aware of this game and given the opportunity to use AP on it. This means, we will in-turn buy more AP. I'm sure Aeria pays out some % to HR as well, so it's a win win.  

I guess you have a point, but still... unless I re-install Tribes again, I can't use my HR account. See, that's the problem.