sn36k04

Rank 0
PostedOct 14, 2012 10:27 am
Title of issue : Semi-Blackscreen
Description of Issue : Everything works ... but when i log into the game that's what I get .
Screenshot of Issue : freaking CLICKME :@ the frkign foru mdoesn't want to place my IMG SO SCREW IT .
Operating System : Windows 7x64
Graphics Card : GeForce GT 540M

I don't knwo how to turn of graphic texture or w/e u posted in ur previous replys
Advertisement

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 14, 2012 11:53 am
We know about the black screen issues and it seems to focus around certain graphics cards from what I've read so far. But hopefully the devs can update it to accept a wider range of graphics cards should that be the case.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

mm_fighter

Rank 0
PostedOct 15, 2012 9:12 am

black then crash

did work but doesnt now
Is there a way of turning the graphics settings down without launching the game??....I previously launched the game and when lowering the graphics settings the game crashed Confused and now I cant start at all as I get a Error: ran out of video memory

Windows 7 32 bit 3GB ram
Nvidia Geforce GTS450 + Geforce 7900 GTX Very Happy

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 16, 2012 1:24 am

Re: black then crash

did work but doesnt now
mm_fighter wrote:
Is there a way of turning the graphics settings down without launching the game??....I previously launched the game and when lowering the graphics settings the game crashed Confused and now I cant start at all as I get a Error: ran out of video memory

Windows 7 32 bit 3GB ram

System requirements

Minimum Requirements:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz <<dunno
Memory: 2GB (XP), 3GB (Vista, Win7) <<could be issue
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB free
Video Card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 512MB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support. (ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher). <<could be issue

Recommended Requirements:

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 1GB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560+ or ATI Radeon 6950+).

It could be an issue with your ram or videoram from the looks of it. Beyond updating your drives and hoping that fixes it, I am not sure what would best work. http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support <<go here and let them know so that they can see what solution the developers can find out for you.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedOct 16, 2012 4:04 am

did work but doesnt now
mm_fighter wrote:

Windows 7 32 bit 3GB ram

To elaborate a bit on Obe's reply; The GTX only has 512mb of memory, the game requires 640mb. I'm not sure how you have your dual cards set up, but it's possible the client is conflicting with the GTX. Personally, I would get rid of the GTX and get some more ram lol. The GTS is good enough on it's own, and you're not actually using the cards to their full potential by dualing them.

Honestly, with that GTS, there should be no reason you need to lower your graphic settings - it should run quite well on the default ones. Try re-installing the game and leave the graphics on their default settings. If you're having lag issues and such, it's most likely due to your processor or lack of ram... or your GTS is going poop or the dual cards simply aren't set up properly.

mm_fighter

Rank 0
PostedOct 16, 2012 10:10 am   Last edited by mm_fighter on Oct 16, 2012 11:26 am. Edited 3 times in total

did work but doesnt now
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
mm_fighter wrote:

Windows 7 32 bit 3GB ram

To elaborate a bit on Obe's reply; The GTX only has 512mb of memory, the game requires 640mb. I'm not sure how you have your dual cards set up, but it's possible the client is conflicting with the GTX. Personally, I would get rid of the GTX and get some more ram lol. The GTS is good enough on it's own, and you're not actually using the cards to their full potential by dualing them.

Honestly, with that GTS, there should be no reason you need to lower your graphic settings - it should run quite well on the default ones. Try re-installing the game and leave the graphics on their default settings. If you're having lag issues and such, it's most likely due to your processor or lack of ram... or your GTS is going poop or the dual cards simply aren't set up properly.  

the cards are set up with connection bridge thing so that not a problem (it just acts as extra graphics ram and speed). All driver are updated. I have reinstalled the game but I still keep getting the message that I ran out of graphics memory and i had played two matches before the first crash and i wanted to lower the graphics because i was running other programs by accident Very Happy

@GM_Hadouken \/ i get it after the game load when the screen is black and that would be awesome and sorry for the editing/ previous posting
(how can i attach a pic from my docs of the error)

GM_Hadouken

GameMaster: USA
PostedOct 16, 2012 10:15 am
Hey Guys!

We are working with Hi-Rez to get a graphics settings option added to the launcher so that you guys can change options without going in game. We will let you know when we have more information!

mm: At what point are you getting this error now?

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 16, 2012 4:54 pm

did work but doesnt now
mm_fighter wrote:
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
mm_fighter wrote:

Windows 7 32 bit 3GB ram

the cards are set up with connection bridge thing so that not a problem (it just acts as extra graphics ram and speed). All driver are updated. I have reinstalled the game but I still keep getting the message that I ran out of graphics memory and i had played two matches before the first crash and i wanted to lower the graphics because i was running other programs by accident Very Happy

@GM_Hadouken \/ i get it after the game load when the screen is black and that would be awesome and sorry for the editing/ previous posting

It's called crossfire, however depending on your power supply one may not work or both may not work to their full potential. You still have the ram issue and we still don't know the cpu speed. Ram does matter when dealing with graphics cards also.

However the reason it lists certain card classes is due to the shading, benchmarks, features, and such. The cards listed are those they know work, those not in the range may or may not work because they may not have features or the cards themselves may cease to work after so much power draw or clock speed. It could be one of many things causing your issues.

System requirements

Minimum Requirements:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz <<dunno
Memory: 2GB (XP), 3GB (Vista, Win7) <<could be issue
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB free
Video Card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 512MB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support. (ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher). <<could be issue and most likely issues depending on the benchmark, shader model, and power draw on the crossfire potentially causing one or both cards not to work right. Also when doing video cards for crossfire, always try to get two of the same model and such for crossfire since even though both are crossfire happy, they may cause issues with each other on higher graphic gaming requirements.

What GM Hadouken said may help temporarily resolve the issue by allowing control of ingame graphics before going into the game, however it has draw backs also since you will not know the results of your changes until you actually try to play it. The specific graphic cards mentioned however are very important and would appreciate if GM Hadouken could get us a list of proven working graphics cards and a list of those the devs feel can not or will not work with the game so that people can do graphic card tests to see if they can really play or not. That is a bad side to more modern and updated games.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedOct 16, 2012 5:55 pm
how2saywhatsalreadybeensaid

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 16, 2012 9:35 pm

did work but doesnt now
mm_fighter wrote:

You need to use something such as Photobucket (my fave) or another photo hosting website. I like photobucket because you can upload your pictures from your document folders along with videos and such and post the links here. Photobucket has a 4 link to the right, one of them are for forums in which it'll already attach the [.img]link code[./img] without the .'s But then you post the image link here to display the picture.