1. Click windows start
  2. Right click Computer
  3. Click on Device Manager on left hand pane
  4. Select Display Adapters
  5. Take note of video card

Try Lowering Your Settings
  1. When in game:
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Video (Change Graphics, Resolution, Etc.)
  4. Graphic Detail (Minimal, Low, Medium, High, Very High)
  5. Texture Detail (Minimal, Low, Medium, High, Very High)
  6. VSYNC (Enabled, Disabled)
  7. Framerate Smoothing (Enabled, Disabled)
  8. Motion Blur (Enabled, Disabled)

NEED MORE INFO? CLICK ME FOR TRIBES ASCEND FAQ!
Advertisement

gortcher01

Rank 0
PostedOct 07, 2012 10:10 am

Download not workign

The download option in the Areia games starter doesn't download. I press download and all it gives me is like "unexpected error as occurred" and when i go on the website to get the down loader, the down loader itself stops at "starting download..." the bar never moves. I've seen this happen with other ariea games too. So seriously, ariea fix it. or better yet, just have a direct download option. its really not that hard... why do you need a down loader... I've already tried to fix it with many other ways, but it doesnw rok. I've searched through forms and everything and it doesn work. my computer can run the game just fine, but it just doesn't work with your downloader.

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedOct 07, 2012 2:24 pm
Title of issue:

Black Screen When Game Starts Up

Description of Issue:

When I start the game everything stays black. I eventually see the buttons on the left for Play Game, Classes, Training, ect, the Account tab at the top of the screen and server settings tab at the bottom of the screen. I also see the words of an ad banner for 40% off, but everything else is black. I have no cursor appearing so I can not see where the mouse is to click on anything. I can not start the game. I managed to get to the class screen one time yesterday and I saw a marker showing it was loading an image when I selected a class, but no image of the class appeared, only a black screen (save for the before mentioned items that appear).

I updated the drivers to my graphics card and get this message when I start the game: "Your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16R16F), which is required to run this game."

Screenshot of Issue:

Unavailable. I hit the screenshot button but there is no screen shot folder in the game's folders and pasting to Gimp only gives a solid black image.
Operating System

Windows 7 (64bit)

Graphics Card:

AMD M880 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

This is sad really as this is the only game hosted by AGE that I have had trouble running. Might I suggest adding to the FAQ section for system requirements that only certain graphic cards can play this game.

GM_Hadouken

GameMaster: USA
PostedOct 08, 2012 10:15 am

Re: Download not workign

gortcher01 wrote:
The download option in the Areia games starter doesn't download. I press download and all it gives me is like "unexpected error as occurred" and when i go on the website to get the down loader, the down loader itself stops at "starting download..." the bar never moves. I've seen this happen with other ariea games too. So seriously, ariea fix it. or better yet, just have a direct download option. its really not that hard... why do you need a down loader... I've already tried to fix it with many other ways, but it doesnw rok. I've searched through forms and everything and it doesn work. my computer can run the game just fine, but it just doesn't work with your downloader.  

Try uninstalling Ignite, you may have an outdated version. There is a known bug where the installer will stop for some reason, but after retrying once or twice it clears up. We're working on a fix now.

Necro wrote:
Black Screen When Game Starts Up  

We'll look in to this, see if there is any way around it. For the screen cap issue, you may have to manually stop the screen capture software and start it again. Let me know and I can get you a link.

zapasyraf

Rank 0
PostedOct 10, 2012 1:35 am

Nothing happened when press play

tribes ascend
when i finished installing tribes ascend, all i have to do is press play at aeria ignite but the problem is that when i press play nothing happens. I am sure i downloaded the new version of aeria ignite. PLEASE HELP I REALLY WANT TO PLAY TRIBES ASCEND ON AERIA GAMES

GM_Hadouken

PostedOct 10, 2012 9:23 am

Re: Nothing happened when press play

tribes ascend
zapasyraf wrote:
when i finished installing tribes ascend, all i have to do is press play at aeria ignite but the problem is that when i press play nothing happens. I am sure i downloaded the new version of aeria ignite. PLEASE HELP I REALLY WANT TO PLAY TRIBES ASCEND ON AERIA GAMES  

Can you please reply with all the info that we requested in the first post so that we can look in to what is going on? Also, please check to see if you have a "Hi-Rez Studios" Folder installed in your C:/ProgramData file. If so, delete it and run the installer again! Check here to see if you have the system requirements to play.

Hope this helps!

bin__laden

Rank 0
PostedOct 10, 2012 1:38 pm

tribes error

ik wil tribes gewoon werkend hebben.......
als ik tribes opstart dan laad die hem en dan is de play button beschikbaar maar als ik er op klik
krijg ik deze fout melding:
tribes ascend error

van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: De methode PortalID is niet gevonden voor interface/type Hirez.Patcher.PatcherGUIClientAccess, PatcherEngine, Version=3.5.0.13, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

Server stack trace:
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.MethodCall.ResolveMethod(Boolean bThrowIfNotResolved)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.MethodCall..ctor(Object handlerObject, BinaryMethodCallMessage smuggledMsg)
bij System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryMethodCall.ReadArray(Object[] callA, Object handlerObject)
bij System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
bij System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeBinaryRequestMessage(String objectUri, Stream inputStream, Boolean bStrictBinding, TypeFilterLevel securityLevel)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
bij Hirez.Patcher.PatcherGUIClientAccess.PortalID(Int32 productID)
bij #xe.#K0.#V2(Object , EventArgs )
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
mscorlib
Assembly-versie: 2.0.0.0
Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HiRezLauncherUI
Assembly-versie: 3.5.0.13
Win32-versie: 3.5.0.13
CodeBase: file:///C:/AeriaGames/TribesAscend/HiRezLauncherUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
HirezUtils
Assembly-versie: 1.0.4654.18835
Win32-versie: 1.0.4654.18835
CodeBase: file:///C:/AeriaGames/TribesAscend/HirezUtils.DLL
PatcherData
Assembly-versie: 1.0.0.0
Win32-versie: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/AeriaGames/TribesAscend/PatcherData.DLL
PatcherEngine
Assembly-versie: 3.5.0.13
Win32-versie: 3.5.0.13
CodeBase: file:///C:/AeriaGames/TribesAscend/PatcherEngine.DLL
HiRezLauncherControls
Assembly-versie: 1.0.4654.18836
CodeBase: file:///C:/AeriaGames/TribesAscend/HiRezLauncherControls.DLL
System.Xml
Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.ServiceProcess
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceProcess/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.ServiceProcess.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
PortalAccess
Assembly-versie: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/AeriaGames/TribesAscend/PortalAccess.DLL
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************
Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze
toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde
jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.
De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing
was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen
naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd
en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.

EvilVampGirl

Rank 0
EvilVampGirl
PostedOct 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Can't connect to servers

I downloaded the game but when I try to play it it won't connect to the servers. Only Hi-rez i have on my computer is Hi-Rez Diagnostics and Support

GM_Hadouken

PostedOct 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: Can't connect to servers

EvilVampGirl wrote:
I downloaded the game but when I try to play it it won't connect to the servers. Only Hi-rez i have on my computer is Hi-Rez Diagnostics and Support  

Do you have hidden files open? the ProgramData folder is hidden.

EvilVampGirl

Rank 0
EvilVampGirl
PostedOct 10, 2012 2:31 pm
Im not sure what the ProgramData file is or would be located and the only game that i have downloaded from hi-rez is smite