kastrum

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:53 pm
@shaneration. Thanks for that detailed explanation. I understand it a lot better now.

Just one more question about it. How about the effects of breeding?

I guess if I have a generation 1 Ultrasaurus Rex with the last 3 slots open, and I want to breed it to a generation 2, then I have to make sure that that Ultrasaurus Rex is the primary pet, right?

Since the secondary pet gets lost, I guess it wouldn't matter if the secondary pet has their slots open or not. Does it?

So, if the primary Gen 1 Ultrasaurus pet has the last 3 slots open, will the resulting Gen 2 ultrasaurus pet also have its last 3 slots open? Or will the new Gen 2 pet have its slots closed? Or does it have to be both primary and secondary pet with slots open?

Note. I am just using ultrasaurus as an example. I could be Burning Angel or Teeka. Thanks in advance for entertaining my complex questions.
Advertisement

shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedDec 31, 2012 2:06 pm
kastrum wrote:
@shaneration. Thanks for that detailed explanation. I understand it a lot better now.

Just one more question about it. How about the effects of breeding?

I guess if I have a generation 1 Ultrasaurus Rex with the last 3 slots open, and I want to breed it to a generation 2, then I have to make sure that that Ultrasaurus Rex is the primary pet, right?

Since the secondary pet gets lost, I guess it wouldn't matter if the secondary pet has their slots open or not. Does it?

So, if the primary Gen 1 Ultrasaurus pet has the last 3 slots open, will the resulting Gen 2 ultrasaurus pet also have its last 3 slots open? Or will the new Gen 2 pet have its slots closed? Or does it have to be both primary and secondary pet with slots open?

Note. I am just using ultrasaurus as an example. I could be Burning Angel or Teeka. Thanks in advance for entertaining my complex questions.  

the primary pet is the one u want aptitude, maturity and skills from.
a % of the secondary pets aptitude and maturity will also be passed onto the new pet

The new pet aptitude = Primary pet aptitude + (Secondary pet aptitude x transfer rate)
The new pet maturity = Primary pet maturity + (Secondary pet maturity x transfer rate)
Skills From Primary Pet transferred to the new born.

as for your question Since the primary pets skills are transferred onto the new born then i would most defiantly want to have all those skills unlocked and learnt then i would make sure aptitude and maturity are good before i consider breeding.

here is an example

Primary pet = burning angel (all skills unlocked and learnt to my specification)
Good Maturity
Good Aptitude

As for the secondary pet i would completely ignore all skills since that's just wasting time and focus on making sure that it has good maturity and good aptitude since those are that stats which are going to have a % added to the new born pet.

Secondary Pet = Super Angel (dont bother with unlocking skills)
Good Maturity and Good Aptitude.

so primary pet i would make as good as possible get the skills u intend to have for the new pet the secondary pet is just stats.

heres some breeding tips to keep in mind

When you fail at Crystal Saga pet breeding, you will lose the secondary pet unless you have used a Breeding Insurance Token. So if you have prepped a secondary pet to really compliment your primary, you should use a Breeding insurance token to avoid breeding failures.

Before you breed the first generation or more generation Crystal Saga pets, consider using Maturity Whips and Training Potions to alter the maturity and Aptitudes of your pets.

The transfer rate is determined by the pet stone and is CAPPED at 30%. The transfer rate will not exceed 30% and additional pet stones will be wasted if used when you have reached 30% pet breeding transfer rate.

When the breeding is successful, both your primary and secondary pet will disappear in return of a brand new generation +1 pet that will have the combined power of both pets based on the amount of pet stones.

Breeding Requirements
Pet Level: Primary pet and secondary pet must both be at level 80.
Pet Gender: Primary pet and secondary pet must be different genders – one male and one female.
Pet Generation: Primary pet and secondary pet must be on same generation, for example, generate 1 cannot breed with generation 2.
Pet Stones are needed to transfer the pet aptitudes.

any further questions dont hesitate to ask

kastrum

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2012 5:18 pm
@shaneration. I just want to say that you are just pure awesomeness!!! Thanks for the great detailed explanation. I understand this a lot better now, and you've answered my questions perfectly. All the best!

shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedJan 01, 2013 9:30 am
glad to hear it contact me if u need anything else Razz good luck