Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedDec 29, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Login

Lucifuge15 wrote:
Could be awesome if you could launch a game via Ignite and then be automaticly logged in to the same account as used to login on Ignite!!
You know like, one login to rule them all lol
Would be great for those playing different aeria games who shifts a lot. Saves you the hurdle of login time after time, especially if you set Ignite to remember login and auto log on launch!
Mainly for lazy bastards... Like me...  

I'm going to object to that, as well as logging in via FaceySpace/TweettyBook, for security reasons (and also because I dislike monopolism; used to be able to sign into Rolling Stone magazine's website with my Rolling Stone account, but now I have to sign up for FaceySpace/TweetyBook? Bah!!!). Unfortunately, the FaceySpace/TweetyBook login is already possible on the website (I object to that as well, for what it's worth).

Advertisement

Lucifuge15

Rank 0
Lucifuge15
PostedDec 31, 2012 8:28 am

Giovanna_X wrote:
Lucifuge15 wrote:
Could be awesome if you could launch a game via Ignite and then be automaticly logged in to the same account as used to login on Ignite!!
Would be great for those playing different aeria games who shifts a lot. Saves you the hurdle of login time after time, especially if you set Ignite to remember login and auto log on launch!

I'm going to object to that, as well as logging in via FaceySpace/TweettyBook, for security reasons (and also because I dislike monopolism; used to be able to sign into Rolling Stone magazine's website with my Rolling Stone account, but now I have to sign up for FaceySpace/TweetyBook? Bah!!!). Unfortunately, the FaceySpace/TweetyBook login is already possible on the website (I object to that as well, for what it's worth).  

Indeed the whole fb, twitter, ect. login is bs imo, but still, it's there for a reason. Almost everybody with access to the net has an account on at least one of the bigger social websites. Enabling you to login with fx. FB, shortens the amount of needed passwords, info and especially rids you of having to remember each and every login info, for each and every game, website, forum, ect.
Simplifies logging in for everyone, atleast imo. And you have to remember that the websites themselves decides wether or not they want to integrate an FB login function

I certainly don't see how this could become a security issue...
It only becomes a security issue if you share your login.
But oh yeah! That's right! That's already the case lol, since you already use the same aeria games login for every game.

And i especially don't see how inputing this function creates a monopoly... It's an aeria launcher, for aeria games... Wether or not you wish to run your games via Ignite is your own choice? Ignite isn't forced upon you. You yourself decide, wether or not this is a function you wish to use. This isn't Microsoft god **** it. Im not asking to be able to log on to my WoW or GW2 account using Ignite??

Oh, and honestly, if a hacker wishes to get his hands on your account to what so ever, wether you use fb or the game/site/forum ect.'s own login is irrelevant lol. Hijacking, i don't know, fx.... an aeria games account??, is far easier than a facebook account.

So plz refrain from telling me how you dislike the social medias of our time, and plz do explain to me why you believe this would be a bad idea. Cuz, if you ask me, i don't see any valid reason within what you wrote, for not implementing this function within Ignite.

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedDec 31, 2012 11:28 am

Lucifuge15 wrote:
Giovanna_X wrote:
Lucifuge15 wrote:

Indeed the whole fb, twitter, ect. login is bs imo, but still, it's there for a reason. Almost everybody with access to the net has an account on at least one of the bigger social websites. Enabling you to login with fx. FB, shortens the amount of needed passwords, info and especially rids you of having to remember each and every login info, for each and every game, website, forum, ect.
Simplifies logging in for everyone, atleast imo. And you have to remember that the websites themselves decides wether or not they want to integrate an FB login function

But oh yeah! That's right! That's already the case lol, since you already use the same aeria games login for every game.

And i especially don't see how inputing this function creates a monopoly... It's an aeria launcher, for aeria games... Wether or not you wish to run your games via Ignite is your own choice? Ignite isn't forced upon you. You yourself decide, wether or not this is a function you wish to use. This isn't Microsoft god **** it. Im not asking to be able to log on to my WoW or GW2 account using Ignite??

Oh, and honestly, if a hacker wishes to get his hands on your account to what so ever, wether you use fb or the game/site/forum ect.'s own login is irrelevant lol. Hijacking, i don't know, fx.... an aeria games account??, is far easier than a facebook account.

So plz refrain from telling me how you dislike the social medias of our time, and plz do explain to me why you believe this would be a bad idea. Cuz, if you ask me, i don't see any valid reason within what you wrote, for not implementing this function within Ignite.  

My objection to your suggestion is purely for security reasons. You don't see how it could become a security issue? One ID and password used for multiple websites ... something Superman0X counsels against every time some other gaming company gets hacked ... Seems like the danger would be obvious.

I proceeded to address logging in with one's ID and password for a "social network" as well, since it was suggested in the post prior to yours. The reference to monopolism has nothing to do with your suggestion, and everything to do with a Facebook login.

Not everything is about you. My feedback is not for you (so yeah, I'll say whatever I like about "the social medias of our time" -- "media" is already plural, btw; the singular is "medium"), but for andaro, since he started this thread (and ultimately it's for the Staff, who should eventually stroll through the thread and read and consider what people have said herein). Have a nice day.

GM_Hadouken

GameMaster: USA
PostedDec 31, 2012 11:30 am
Hey guys, while your feedback is appreciated as to how to make Ignite better, can we please take this specific discussion to a new thread?

Lucifuge15

Rank 0
Lucifuge15
PostedJan 02, 2013 11:44 am

Giovanna_X wrote:
Lucifuge15 wrote:
Giovanna_X wrote:
Lucifuge15 wrote:

My objection to your suggestion is purely for security reasons. You don't see how it could become a security issue? One ID and password used for multiple websites ... something Superman0X counsels against every time some other gaming company gets hacked ... Seems like the danger would be obvious.

I proceeded to address logging in with one's ID and password for a "social network" as well, since it was suggested in the post prior to yours. The reference to monopolism has nothing to do with your suggestion, and everything to do with a Facebook login.

Not everything is about you. My feedback is not for you (so yeah, I'll say whatever I like about "the social medias of our time" -- "media" is already plural, btw; the singular is "medium"), but for andaro, since he started this thread (and ultimately it's for the Staff, who should eventually stroll through the thread and read and consider what people have said herein). Have a nice day.  

If Aeria did use different id and password for each game, then yes it would become a security issue having one id being able to acces several different game accounts. But they don't. So i still do not see how my suggestion becomes a security issue.

I do see how using fb to login becomes a security issue though, having several different ID and passwords bound to the same account. But im not talking about fb. Im just pointing to the fact, that since you already use the same Aeria login to acces all Aeria games, then adding the ability to auto log on aeria games, using Ignite launch, would simplify the whole login process.
If you dissaprove, then 2 bad lol

And im really happy everything isn't about me lol, would be a real bother. But if your feedback isn't directed at me, but the OP, then quote him, and not me lol? That's kinda what the "quote" function is there for

Oh, and my sincerest apologies for typing "media" wrong lol

GM_Hadouken

PostedJan 02, 2013 11:50 am
can you please snip your quotes so that we can keep the pages shorter? Thanks

cookio

Rank 2
cookio
PostedJan 28, 2013 8:49 am
Make link to the Games website!
We can only play the games, we cant go to website for check out a game before choose to play it. Do you realy want us to open a browser and google the games, becouse there is no link in Ignite?

GM_Hadouken

PostedJan 28, 2013 10:39 am
In theory you can get there from clicking on the news/events section and navigating that way, but we have added your request to our suggestion document that we will use to discuss with the developers Smile

charlie.hill

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 8:11 pm
Getting rid of it would probally make it much better. What is the purpose of running a secondary system draining application on your computer when it is not needed for the games coding to properly work? Heck I am to the point where all my games I open also kill's explorer.exe simply because it isn't needed an can directly effect game performance. If you ask me ignite is the silliest thing a GAMING company could do by limiting the ability of people to play their games by forcing them to run secondary app's. I understand they wish ppl who play their games to have money.....so they can buy stuff in games.....and people without money have pc's that have these issues, so my complaint will never even be looked upon as more than a simple rant, but none the less, it is true that ignite is not needed in the least for their games to work.....I played EE before they even release ignite, and it worked perfectly fine then. Just my 2 cents.

GM_Hadouken

PostedMar 25, 2013 10:18 am
You know, people said the same thing about Steam in the beginning... I think it worked out fine for them.