Shalghar

Rank 1
Shalghar
PostedOct 04, 2012 9:34 am
-> Optional (!) install . Every little browser toolbar can be clicked away and will not install even if bundled. Any undesired bundled software should be deselecteable.

Quite frankly i do not know if there are any advantages to ignite at all ( i have not found any) when all you want to play is one single aeria game or may be up to three.
In case of LC, remember all the confusion about the loot box, so maybe any promo stuff should only show up in the correct area of the correct game instead of that generalized place.

What exactly was this program intended to do anyway ?
I honestly do not know what purpose this kind of "game start delayware" might serve.
Advertisement

Booya39

Rank 4
Booya39
PostedOct 04, 2012 10:09 am
Get rid of it or give users full control when using the software.
No software or program should have full control on a users computer.
Administrative rights should be 50/50.

NightCreeper69

Rank 3
NightCreeper69
PostedOct 04, 2012 10:52 am
First and foremost, it shouldn't be a required download from ANY Aeria hosted game links. Period. A completely haphazard decision that just clearly shows where some of the problems still exist within Aeria's management.

Second, options given to the user after install isn't a bad idea, but Akamai Uploads should absolutely not be on by default. Many who don't know this is the case notice lag and just blame whatever game they're playing, instead of the actual cause of the problem. Let alone the fact that Akamai is one of the poorer services available, and was a TERRIBLE choice to use for this service. Another poorly managed, haphazard decision.

Personally, I see absolutely no benefit whatsoever to even have Ignite installed. And if I did have it installed, Akamai Uploads would be OFF. And, in addition to that, I feel that having these "events" trying to get people to install it are an incredibly patronizing way to simply get false usage data for monthly reporting. Very sad indeed that false data is even necessary. So, imo, the best way to "make this better" is to completely remove it altogether and stop wasting time on it.

Carnix

Rank 3
Carnix
PostedOct 04, 2012 12:52 pm
When I set it to " Don't open Aeria Ignite in same time with Last Chaos " it stills open .. Please fix this

And Free Gifts for LC would be nice ..

Cheekiong

Rank 2
Cheekiong
PostedOct 04, 2012 4:57 pm
A good example of what Ignite should be like is, Origin for EA games.

Shurestrike

Rank 1
Shurestrike
PostedOct 04, 2012 5:30 pm
Iruparazzo wrote:
Disclosure!

I think it's off-putting to potential new players when they come to download LC and Ignite is forced upon them during installation.

Having discussed this with a friend, he asked me how it was any different from say, Steam requiring platform download, or say, Nexon requiring Hackshield installation. I say the difference is that Steam makes no bones about what it is - you've got to install Steam in order to play the games, knowing you're downloading steam. As opposed to downloading a game and *then* being told you require a 3rd party program installation as well. This type of download can seem very fishy to PC owners, and would turn many of them off immediately. Second point; Nexon's Hackshield tells you its a Hackshield right away. To this day I don't know what Aeria Ignite actually does. Some google searching found only people looking for ways to uninstall it, because apparently it cannot be uninstalled even if the game it came with is removed.

In the case of a 'cheap' game like LC (where the average potential new player is just looking for something random to do), they're going to just cancel the download and look elsewhere.

My preliminary suggestion for how to improve this, would to be to state on the download page that Aeria Ignite is included with your download, and here's a link to learn more about what it is. Also a simple pop-up at the START of download that states the same.

In addition to this issue, I believe that Ignite should be optional and not required to install any Aeria Game. Especially not without disclosure.  

Everything he said plus what you said about the uploads and installer. Being the paranoid person I am some kind of "certification" by a recognized security firm plastered right on the first screen. If it can pass such certification

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedOct 04, 2012 9:30 pm
How about not having to download Ignite again when I download another game from Aeria? I'm on a data-limited plan, and don't like the idea of wasting data allowances to re-download something I've already got.

How about making it actually launch more than one game out of all the several Aeria-published games I play? It always launched LC fine, but never would launch EE, GF in English, or GF in Italian at all. I haven't tried re-downloading Shaiya yet.

And yes, it should be wholly optional; players should have a choice to download LC (and any other client game published by Aeria) with Ignite or without Ignite.

Graut

Rank 3
Graut
PostedOct 04, 2012 10:11 pm
Whenever people in forums or shoutbox are directed to a download of LC, both by regular players
and GSes, most of the times it's one that isn't located on Aeria's website. It's been that way for a
while and isn't that a clue in itself?

People want it simple and straightforward.

Elusive

Rank 0
PostedOct 05, 2012 11:36 am
Put a link to the forums, Web Mall, etc

Booya39

Rank 4
Booya39
PostedOct 05, 2012 7:22 pm
Elusive wrote:
Put a link to the forums, Web Mall, etc  

Better yet,make it an ap item and put it on the tiered spender's list lol.
Top prize unlocked:Aeria Ignite.Enjoy!!! Very Happy