Author Message

miroshisama

Rank 2
miroshisama
Joined
05 Jul 2010
Posts
480
Location
Jamaica
PostedOct 08, 2012 7:28 pm

my opinion

as far as removing cap altogether, i don't really mind it. sure, it encourages more lazy players who will eventually waste space in the game as they don't know how to play their class, but hey, it's a source of income for the players who can plvl the nubs.

i am more in favour of just reducing the level requirement for dungeons though. i think a 5 level difference is quite fine and shouldn't be held against players who want to do mastery or level a bit faster. i mean, although that's the main use, not EVERYONE uses dungeons for plvling. there are those people who can't afford gaia blessings and prefer to lvl on a map that they lose no exp if they die.
Advertisement

Spikerip

Rank 1
Spikerip
Joined
20 Nov 2009
Posts
269
Location
United States
PostedOct 08, 2012 7:47 pm
Tbh if the Gms are willing to keep this Underground gold shop they have recently developed i have no issue with removing the MO caps on dungeons as for the Dungeon level caps i can see them relaxed to within 8 to 10 levels of of the MOB level ( IE MSMF 75 mobs 65 to get in )

AnimeFan9001

Rank 2
AnimeFan9001
Joined
06 May 2011
Posts
615
Location
United States
PostedOct 16, 2012 9:09 pm
so.....how many people for and how many people against relaxing lvl limits for the sake of masters and faster levelling?

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Joined
26 Mar 2010
Posts
3270
Location
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedOct 17, 2012 6:26 am
LichPrince21 wrote:
evilishan wrote:
Let them plvl on the vast array of high level maps that lowbies ARE allowed on. You know, that BIG block at the top of Saphael which includes Auris Bay, Ancient Polar Ruins, etc etc.

The way you present it, makes it seem like it's completely locked out and they're doing something that's 'needed' when really they're knowingly placing themselves at risk when they don't really need to be.

Level restrictions ensure that exclusivity is maintained for higher level areas. I certainly feel this adds a sense of 'allure' to them.

I am open to the suggestion of slightly altering the level restriction for Mutated Dungeons by ~3 levels, but I suspect the restrictions currently in place (eg. 53 for WCM, 63 for SMF, etc) are there for a reason: to discourage capping .  


if a lvl 90 wants to make an alt they cannot bot in the big block of maps at the top of Saphael i see no possible way they can plvl them without sneaking them into Heirloom and no a plvl is not needed at all but they do help a lot with speeding up your gaming experience allowing you enjoy pvp and dungeons faster rather than the slow grind to where you want to be also i see a lot of players capping because of the dungeon entrance lvl being higher than them such as MSMF.  


Thats why i have alts capable of plvling other alts in the mutated dungons \o/

ACE_135

Rank 0
ACE_135
Joined
11 Nov 2009
Posts
14
Location
Germany
PostedOct 17, 2012 6:57 am
I just want to write my opinion on this.

For me the mutated dungeons are just for one purpose. The materials for the legacy weapons. Nothing else. So there is no need, to enter WCM with 50 or MSMF with 70 and so on. You don't need lvl 75 Weapons at lvl 70.

The fact that the XP in these dungeons is so high, is in my opinion because they're 10 player dungeons. So if you are in a group of 10 players to even get an acceptable amount of XP. It should give XP depending on the players in the group. So that you get the same amount of XP regardless wheter you are in a 10 player group or just alone.

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
Joined
10 Apr 2011
Posts
1196
Location
Sydney Australia
PostedOct 17, 2012 8:13 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:
LichPrince21 wrote:
evilishan wrote:
Let them plvl on the vast array of high level maps that lowbies ARE allowed on. You know, that BIG block at the top of Saphael which includes Auris Bay, Ancient Polar Ruins, etc etc.

The way you present it, makes it seem like it's completely locked out and they're doing something that's 'needed' when really they're knowingly placing themselves at risk when they don't really need to be.

Level restrictions ensure that exclusivity is maintained for higher level areas. I certainly feel this adds a sense of 'allure' to them.

I am open to the suggestion of slightly altering the level restriction for Mutated Dungeons by ~3 levels, but I suspect the restrictions currently in place (eg. 53 for WCM, 63 for SMF, etc) are there for a reason: to discourage capping .  


if a lvl 90 wants to make an alt they cannot bot in the big block of maps at the top of Saphael i see no possible way they can plvl them without sneaking them into Heirloom and no a plvl is not needed at all but they do help a lot with speeding up your gaming experience allowing you enjoy pvp and dungeons faster rather than the slow grind to where you want to be also i see a lot of players capping because of the dungeon entrance lvl being higher than them such as MSMF.  


Thats why i have alts capable of plvling other alts in the mutated dungons \o/  

@dark:
1. You do not need an Heirroom (or w/e u were trying to say here) to get an alt into a higher level map, it is skill less and can be done at any level.

2. Players cap cause they want to cap^ You'd know if you were here before Mutated dungeon level limits 40, 50 and 60 were just as active. I would seriously like to hear out from these 'lots of players'. The only people who can actually take the 'fast way' is rich people, regular players won't be able to charm and fort up to actually make good use of mutated dungeons. <-I know this much because I have good experience with both.

@diseased: hahas great way to do masteries at the same time^ Smile

AnimeFan9001

Rank 2
AnimeFan9001
Joined
06 May 2011
Posts
615
Location
United States
PostedOct 17, 2012 6:34 pm
At this point i don't want to see caps completely removed. What I would like to see however, is caps lowered to arena levels. That way, you can use your new yellows in pvp while at the same time being able to grind your masters efficiently.

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Joined
26 Mar 2010
Posts
3270
Location
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedOct 18, 2012 10:38 pm
AnimeFan9001 wrote:
At this point i don't want to see caps completely removed. What I would like to see however, is caps lowered to arena levels. That way, you can use your new yellows in pvp while at the same time being able to grind your masters efficiently.  


Agree with all of that except for MSMF if it gets lowered then the incentive to go to 80 and beyond is gone since you can cap at 70 grind your masters and stay there. We need more people in higher brackets not more in lower ones Very Happy

AnimeFan9001

Rank 2
AnimeFan9001
Joined
06 May 2011
Posts
615
Location
United States
PostedOct 18, 2012 10:44 pm
i'd be perfectly fine with that ^^ I could get my 60 masters done in 60 arena, and then focus on levelling to 70 where i'd farm my 80 set and move up o:

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Joined
26 Mar 2010
Posts
3270
Location
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedOct 19, 2012 8:26 am
AnimeFan9001 wrote:
i'd be perfectly fine with that ^^ I could get my 60 masters done in 60 arena, and then focus on levelling to 70 where i'd farm my 80 set and move up o:  


Exactly and for instance if mcm was lowered to say 50 we might have a possible arena bracket revival? Lol but id prefer that it was lowered to 51 god i hate leeching myself in osi ... its not that i cant afford to buy the leech just not gonna pay for something i can do easily and effeciently myself Smile
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: