LearnedTroll

Rank 0
LearnedTroll
PostedOct 08, 2012 2:24 pm
Izzeth wrote:
LearnedTroll wrote:
Here's a thought

Remove the dungeon entrance lvl on mutated dungeons so that ppl will stop sneaking lowbies up to the DeepFathom maps and plvling them there..

It would free up the GSes from being "Hall Monitors" and allow the GMs to do something other then go chase after banning someone for getting plvld by a friendly highbie just trying to make a little gold.

Just a thought..  

Won't happened. Not to be a downer on anyone's parade, but the level caps are here to stay regardless of what you want. Gold, plvl'ing alts, etc. They won't be removed.
If they are sneaking lowbies into DF, their faults then for getting banned. It is an exploit. People should know better than that than to exploit something of common knowledge. If they get banned, their faults, no?

&GS's will continue to be the way they are for other reasons. They aren't "Hall Monitors" just for that exploit, but for other's. That's won't solve anything on that part.  

I was just repeating Sonicsa's comment on calling them ahll monitors ^.^ no harm meant..

However, I see many lowbies in "hiding spots" in various points on the DeepFathom maps.. I whispered one once and found out that it was someone's alt they just wanted to lvl 50 or 51 for some quest they wanted to do or something..

My point tho was to point out that no matter what the plvls will still happen - they just find work arounds.. if we open up the dungeons again, then the GMs can go back to doing their GM things and so can those fun loving GS type peoples.. I'm sure they more important things to do then chase after someone plvling an alt for whatever it is they need it plvl'd for...

Not entirely sure what the dungeon lvl restricts were put up for in the first place.. Doesn't look like the resolved anything to be honest..

as I said earlier... just a thought..
Advertisement

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedOct 08, 2012 2:44 pm
Let them plvl on the vast array of high level maps that lowbies ARE allowed on. You know, that BIG block at the top of Saphael which includes Auris Bay, Ancient Polar Ruins, etc etc.

The way you present it, makes it seem like it's completely locked out and they're doing something that's 'needed' when really they're knowingly placing themselves at risk when they don't really need to be.

Level restrictions ensure that exclusivity is maintained for higher level areas. I certainly feel this adds a sense of 'allure' to them.

I am open to the suggestion of slightly altering the level restriction for Mutated Dungeons by ~3 levels, but I suspect the restrictions currently in place (eg. 53 for WCM, 63 for SMF, etc) are there for a reason: to discourage capping .

LichPrince21

Rank 0
LichPrince21
PostedOct 08, 2012 2:59 pm
evilishan wrote:
Let them plvl on the vast array of high level maps that lowbies ARE allowed on. You know, that BIG block at the top of Saphael which includes Auris Bay, Ancient Polar Ruins, etc etc.

The way you present it, makes it seem like it's completely locked out and they're doing something that's 'needed' when really they're knowingly placing themselves at risk when they don't really need to be.

Level restrictions ensure that exclusivity is maintained for higher level areas. I certainly feel this adds a sense of 'allure' to them.

I am open to the suggestion of slightly altering the level restriction for Mutated Dungeons by ~3 levels, but I suspect the restrictions currently in place (eg. 53 for WCM, 63 for SMF, etc) are there for a reason: to discourage capping .  

if a lvl 90 wants to make an alt they cannot bot in the big block of maps at the top of Saphael i see no possible way they can plvl them without sneaking them into Heirloom and no a plvl is not needed at all but they do help a lot with speeding up your gaming experience allowing you enjoy pvp and dungeons faster rather than the slow grind to where you want to be also i see a lot of players capping because of the dungeon entrance lvl being higher than them such as MSMF.

LearnedTroll

Rank 0
LearnedTroll
PostedOct 08, 2012 3:03 pm
evilishan wrote:

I don't think it discouraged anything but creating a huge number of tankier chars to solo dungeons to get their gold and do plvls..

As far as discourage capping... I still see a crap ton of 40 twinks and 70s... The same 40s and 70s as before the dungeon entrance restricts.. So it doesn't really matter what you do.. You can't stop someone from capping if that's what they choose..

I know a 70 that stopped just to raise her faction and city fame.. No one told her it was important until just recently.. As far as capping for arena.. She's not after anything in the pvp boxes.. Yes I did point out there's a talent there.. She doesn't care..

I am however still confused at how a lvl 70 has a DeepFathom guild quest AND now can teleport (using stones) to go do that quest.. Yet will get banned if they do try and do that guild quest..... Someone broke something along the way...

freemclays

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
freemclays
PostedOct 08, 2012 3:07 pm
LichPrince21 wrote:
if a lvl 90 wants to make an alt they cannot bot in the big block of maps at the top of Saphael i see no possible way they can plvl them without sneaking them into Heirloom and no a plvl is not needed at all but they do help a lot with speeding up your gaming experience allowing you enjoy pvp and dungeons faster rather than the slow grind to where you want to be also i see a lot of players capping because of the dungeon entrance lvl being higher than them such as MSMF.  

"I want to enter MSMF, but because I can't do it at 70 I'll camp here forever" <--- Where's the logic in that?

LearnedTroll

Rank 0
LearnedTroll
PostedOct 08, 2012 3:35 pm
freemclays wrote:
LichPrince21 wrote:

"I want to enter MSMF, but because I can't do it at 70 I'll camp here forever" <--- Where's the logic in that?  

There is no logic but I have seen it said before myself Sad

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedOct 08, 2012 3:53 pm
LearnedTroll wrote:
evilishan wrote:

I don't think it discouraged anything but creating a huge number of tankier chars to solo dungeons to get their gold and do plvls..

As far as discourage capping... I still see a crap ton of 40 twinks and 70s... The same 40s and 70s as before the dungeon entrance restricts.. So it doesn't really matter what you do.. You can't stop someone from capping if that's what they choose..

I know a 70 that stopped just to raise her faction and city fame.. No one told her it was important until just recently.. As far as capping for arena.. She's not after anything in the pvp boxes.. Yes I did point out there's a talent there.. She doesn't care..

I am however still confused at how a lvl 70 has a DeepFathom guild quest AND now can teleport (using stones) to go do that quest.. Yet will get banned if they do try and do that guild quest..... Someone broke something along the way...  

You're right about the capping and the tanky characters. But that's more of a failure on the behalf of x-legend's design. Instead of SMF, I did my masteries on my 60 wizard in WCM at 58.
It did however slow me down by a tiny fraction^

As for 40's it does nothing, as they don't have anything to really master or any significantly difficult talents to get.

City Fame/Faction Rep is important to get but with that said, the first has always been easy and the latter has not-very-long-ago been made a fair bit easier to do. It is quite a bit faster if you do it using sprites, so I don't exactly see her levelling to 71 being an issue.

The last point you mentioned is something that needs to be addressed ASAP, most other things would need a fair bit of 'mistake' making to happen (lovering a low lvl when you're a regular DF-goer is stupid.). However there is a warning dialogue before teleportation... tho since the introduction of teleporter stones, there is more of a pressing need for a 'hard-block' to prevent people from going to Deepfathom. Someone at level 70 COULD mistakenly take the quest (I don't think most people read the entire quest log before they take a quest) and then thinking that they'd save travel time by using teleporter stones, instead screw themselves over.

LichPrince21

Rank 0
LichPrince21
PostedOct 08, 2012 4:04 pm
freemclays wrote:
LichPrince21 wrote:

Most of what i say in these posts are the opinions of other players i have gathered across all 3 servers and about camping 70 im staying there because i like it there and it is the only place i can currently afford to be.

JurTur12

Rank 0
JurTur12
PostedOct 08, 2012 4:36 pm
Just adding my opinion into this idk if Plvl in dungeon is good , i personally support it but then you have those people who have a stick up their butts and will stay no just because they werent able to when they were leveling or something , but atleast make it so people who would actually do dungeons at the level before the req was put in place can do it again, like MCM at 50 or MSMF at 70 there are people who can legit do them and if you are able to do them i see no reason why they should be restricted from u so maybe lower the req of all dungeons like lvls atleast? that would be a compromise i think if we cant get rid of it completely

silentplayer1

Rank 2
silentplayer1
PostedOct 08, 2012 6:42 pm
LearnedTroll wrote:
Here's a thought

Remove the dungeon entrance lvl on mutated dungeons so that ppl will stop sneaking lowbies up to the DeepFathom maps and plvling them there..

It would free up the GSes from being "Hall Monitors" and allow the GMs to do something other then go chase after banning someone for getting plvld by a friendly highbie just trying to make a little gold.

Just a thought..  

Lol are you kidding me? This happens all the time.

- Traizo 7x Archmage/iMarz 4x Wizard -