Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedOct 02, 2012 6:41 am
Pienene13 wrote:
iBambi wrote:
Why would they bring back a game that didn't bring in enough money?  

Because now it could earn the money it couldn't then. With most of the competition gone now, possibly it could be able to beat EE or GF. Many people liked the game so the population in it would be pretty good too.  

The game did not do very well. Everyone liked it, but not enough played it. It had problems in other territories as well.

The developer (X-Legend) is working on new games, and we may publish another game with an Asian theme. If we do, the best way to make it successful is to play, and encourage others to play.

Advertisement

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedOct 02, 2012 6:58 am
Superman0X wrote:
Pienene13 wrote:
iBambi wrote:

Because now it could earn the money it couldn't then. With most of the competition gone now, possibly it could be able to beat EE or GF. Many people liked the game so the population in it would be pretty good too.  

The game did not do very well. Everyone liked it, but not enough played it. It had problems in other territories as well.

The developer (X-Legend) is working on new games, and we may publish another game with an Asian theme. If we do, the best way to make it successful is to play, and encourage others to play.  

Is it the one in the survery that popped up a while back 0:

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedOct 02, 2012 9:21 am
Superman0X wrote:
Pienene13 wrote:
iBambi wrote:

Yay a GM response.
I also think despite the similaritys ...KS played differently than GF ..especially when you got past the introductory levels. The classes in KS were also quite unique ...and I doubt X-Legend could replicate them again in all honesty.

Loving the amount of people that said they would love it back though Smile

toxictrauma01

Rank 3
toxictrauma01
PostedOct 02, 2012 9:24 am
@Super, Yeah it didn't do so well :/ the Indonesian version shut down recently too, it sucks though because I really enjoyed the game, a lot of memories there, wish you guys would give it one last try lol. 2nd Chances never hurt XD. Anyways thanks for commenting in this thread, if you guys do get a new game that has an ancient Chinese feel to it(That's overall like, KS, GF or EE. Not into twelve sky 2 or DWO xD), I'll be the first to try it out :3

Posted By Aeria Mobile

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedOct 02, 2012 2:38 pm
I believe the Thai version is still operating, and I perfectly understand why it is isnt succesful in the East ...

There are 10000x more MMO's that the East has access to and that we dont. For every person born there are like 10 more MMO's in such countries.

In the West however we still have a niche for such MMO's as this one, as reflected in the success of DoMo.

icywind1980

Rank 3
icywind1980
PostedOct 03, 2012 10:04 pm
I gotta be honest- the only thing it had going for it was the cute factor. It had clumsy crafting, buggy auto run and boring combat. I'll play Grand Fantasia any day. And I'm kind of also digging Crystal Saga but I have to remember to not right click to change my camera angle.

Previously on Dream of Mirror Online: JoeyDarkmoore ~ Crimson_Clover

ritualmage

Rank 0
ritualmage
California... more or less. United States
PostedOct 05, 2012 10:29 pm
The main problem with browser games is the lack of character customization. Kitsu saga had better customization than CS, better graphics (yet it would run on a netbook), better story and better programming. The bot thing did kind of ruin it, but I had fun playing it while it lasted.

I wanted a game with an eastern feel but with a western player base. Before Kitsu, I was playing DoMo but my PC broke down and DoMo wouldn't run on a netbook - that's why I migrated to Kitsu.

Seeing Aeria shut down both games, though, is the #1 reason why I won't spend money on Aeria's games; it really shattered my confidence in the company's willingness to stand by their products.

I don't spend a lot on MMO's, maybe $30-$50/month. There have been about 3 separate incidences where I was -just- about to buy AP, but two things stopped me: 1) lack of confidence in the company to stand by its games and 2) I didn't want to spend money on a game in which my character would be 1 of 4 or 5 possible cookie cutters running around on a server of tens of thousands.

That may not be easy to read, but it is the truth and how I honestly feel.

Kawaii_Love

Rank 2
Kawaii_Love
PostedOct 05, 2012 10:59 pm
ritualmage wrote:
The main problem with browser games is the lack of character customization. Kitsu saga had better customization than CS, better graphics (yet it would run on a netbook), better story and better programming. The bot thing did kind of ruin it, but I had fun playing it while it lasted.

I wanted a game with an eastern feel but with a western player base. Before Kitsu, I was playing DoMo but my PC broke down and DoMo wouldn't run on a netbook - that's why I migrated to Kitsu.

Seeing Aeria shut down both games, though, is the #1 reason why I won't spend money on Aeria's games; it really shattered my confidence in the company's willingness to stand by their products.

I don't spend a lot on MMO's, maybe $30-$50/month. There have been about 3 separate incidences where I was -just- about to buy AP, but two things stopped me: 1) lack of confidence in the company to stand by its games and 2) I didn't want to spend money on a game in which my character would be 1 of 4 or 5 possible cookie cutters running around on a server of tens of thousands.

That may not be easy to read, but it is the truth and how I honestly feel.  

I feel you on the AP buying part. There have been SO many times I've been tempted to just blow cash on AP cards but didn't. QQ

<center><div> </div></center>

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedOct 06, 2012 7:39 am
So with our prior knowledge of already playing the game before, if this ever did come back, what class would you play? Smile

To recap the classes are...

Order of the Iron Claw

Godhand: Glass Cannon style Melee DPS coupled with some minor party buffs, uses Sabers or Dual Rings. Heals via a temporary Chi Shield.

Clearmind: Fire Mage who can summon pets and has instant heals, its healing aoe is centered around the user. Channels magic via Swords.

Cloudstrider: Tank specializing in Lightning skills, and self heals, their weapon of choice consists of a spear or gauntlets.

Mistsong: A class that is the embodiment of Chinese Opera, this class can use a minor version of other classes party buffs, and can transform between Human, Acrobat, Strongman and Strongwoman. Uses Gauntlets and Darts. Heals via Dart Procs and a weak party based HoT.

Flamewind Society

Asura: A hybrid class who can tank or dps depending on equipment and skill preferences, also has party buffs and can choose to use a Spear or Dual Rings. In contrast to Cloudstrider, the Asura heals it's self via heal over times.

Watermoon: Another healing class, specializing in ice magic and having the better party buffs of the game, can only use gauntlets and its healing aoe is centered around the target making it a better healer for Melee DPS classes.

Astral Omen: A class whose main source of dps is through its many stackable DoT's, it can also use a pet to give unique debuffs and to divert aggro, despite being a melee class, its combo skill Acid Raid, requires casting time, as such it is quite frail. Weapons of choice are Sabers and Swords. Heals via a permanent Aura.

Heaven Sword Heaven Sword, obviously uses Swords and are melee/magic dps class, they're skills are like dance steps which stack with each other, ending with a powerful debuff at the end. They have one of the worst self heals in the game; a leech, to balance out their debuffing power.

After playing WM here, and AO on the indonesian server, I'd love to try Heaven Sword, personally because Im biased to loving Flamewind Society more (its more homely!)

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedOct 07, 2012 1:39 am
I would have loved to give Cloudstrider a shot.^

I've always gone with ranged/magic type classes but a tank with a spear sounds kinda cool. xD