powerofwii

Rank 0
powerofwii
PostedOct 03, 2012 8:36 am

Re: Future LO Gamers

Being the best
CookinDanger wrote:
Jaia2442 wrote:
Like how many are you guys gonna hit the max in lime?  

-.-

why would sitting on the level cap give some unusual pleasure? rushing to 'hit the max' can and will ruin the game for some people, imo.  

I don't think he means rushing, more like just "hitting" the lvl cap, not sticking around somewhere u don't belong, doing awkward things and then logg off for the rest of the week.

And btw, you can focus on other stuff like ur guild, life class etc. And i'm sure the cap will increase a few times.

Guild leader of [IceCreamSociety]
Advertisement

ZoruKuraido

Rank 0
ZoruKuraido
PostedOct 03, 2012 8:45 am
I'll try to hit the cap with one class at least...

I haven't even tried the game yet so I don't know how hard it is to level without grinding as much per day as the last game I played, in which I couldn't even reach half the max ammount of levels simply because the only way not to take ages to get there was making money in a terrible economy with little means to make it without real cash...

If Lime avoids those problems, sure.

Glory Day! The dazzling sun Glory Day! And the flowing clouds Glory Day! I'll pull them along with me And reach my goal! Glory Day!

Chaotix453

Rank 1
Chaotix453
PostedOct 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Re: Future LO Gamers

Being the best
powerofwii wrote:
CookinDanger wrote:
Jaia2442 wrote:
Like how many are you guys gonna hit the max in lime?  

-.-

why would sitting on the level cap give some unusual pleasure? rushing to 'hit the max' can and will ruin the game for some people, imo.  

I don't think he means rushing, more like just "hitting" the lvl cap, not sticking around somewhere u don't belong, doing awkward things and then logg off for the rest of the week.

And btw, you can focus on other stuff like ur guild, life class etc. And i'm sure the cap will increase a few times.  

Be that as it may, levelling up is the main part of LO, or any MMORPG really. Trying to deny that is futility in itself. Cookin' is right on the money. They'll level up fast, get bored, and start ruining the game for themselves and others. You see those people on any other game with all the best items and maxed stats? The ones that are unbeatable? The ones that hold at least 40% [citation needed] of the games total wealth? Yeah. They started out like this.

/rant

justinboi9

Rank 0
justinboi9
PostedOct 03, 2012 7:02 pm
I'll definitely be "front lining" as a thief Smile
Though I don't know how much school will allow me too.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedOct 03, 2012 7:44 pm   Last edited by xSerenitas on Oct 04, 2012 6:16 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Honestly, I don't see the point in rushing to hit the level cap. Why race through what the game has to offer at lower levels, especially since LO won't be officially live?

tw0ublegum

Rank 0
tw0ublegum
PostedOct 03, 2012 9:32 pm
I'm not going to rush it, Like in the past aeria games i've played i'll probably just casually play. Doing every side-quest and leveling up whenever i can be bothered.

That's if this game ever comes out.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedOct 04, 2012 7:51 am
I dunno about all this talk of rushing it..
During alpha (who knows what'll happen during launch), I did all the storyline quest and every single side quest (This includes race quests in other starting towns) uptil about 35. Not to mention I did do quite a few trade class quests, did dungeons, farmed for hours, collected nodes for fashion and crafting for hours, and explored all over xD
I leveled up pretttyyyy fast, one of the few people that even got that far in alpha 1+2. I enjoyed myself a lot and on release the one thing I'll probably change is that I'll dungeon more (I'll get even more exp then I did in alpha, but I'm not doing it for exp), and I'll craft more.
Now if you call that rushing since I did get pretty high pretty fast... Well.. I'm gonna rush it again cause it was tons of fun xD
There's almost no grind so you don't have to be hardcore to enjoy yourself and get up there fairly quickly Razz

atoyume

Rank 1
atoyume
PostedOct 04, 2012 11:43 am
I'll try..

Signature made by .Felina.!

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedOct 04, 2012 11:59 am
Someone asked all of us to keep LO's economy decent.
Some people, after getting to the max level try to get gold, or whatever currency is used in the game. They can do this by selling their crafted items. The problems appear when they start overpricing stuff because they've got nothing better to do. Now players are forced to do some grinding to be rich enough to buy normal non-AP items.

The situation usually keeps getting worse because even the 'nice' players, which are extremely rare can't fight the greed. The items don't even get to the players because that is where resellers jump in.

jsbradley7

Rank 1
jsbradley7
PostedOct 04, 2012 3:17 pm
All crafted items indicate who crafted the item so it'll be easy to see if someone is reselling an item for profit. If you see an item that you want at an inflated price (ie. being resold for profit) you can contact the person who originally crafted the item and see if they would be willing to craft an item specifically for you. This is subject to change but in the alpha tests all crafted items of a given rarity had identical stats.