gmdredd

GameMaster: USA
gmdredd
PostedSep 27, 2012 8:58 pm

[In-Game Event] Fragment Event!

Exchange for awesome Prizes!!!

Hello Golden Age! We have a special weekend event for you! This event will end on Monday with our weekly maintenance.

This event will end @ 5:00 pm PDT on 10/1/12!  

1. Find and attack this wilderness!

2. Collect 15 fragments to exchange!
3. Choose your reward!

Simple enough?! Good luck and have fun!  

Check out these awesome rewards!

Choose between a mystic 1x Fragment Chest or Matthew's Fury Wheel or Matthew's Suppression Wheel!

Advertisement

Beyao

Rank 0
PostedSep 27, 2012 11:00 pm
do they respawn or do you trade?

dkenog

Rank 0
dkenog
PostedSep 27, 2012 11:15 pm   Last edited by dkenog on Sep 28, 2012 1:30 am. Edited 2 times in total
I'm not one to complain (quiet Val), but Matthew's gear? Level 30 gear in a game where an un-rebirthed hero max level is 99? Ida's gear, ok. Mieliam's would be better. But Matthew's? I don't get it but, alright.

Yes, yes, I know. "If you are unhappy with the events, you don't have to participate." True. But is the goal of most of these events to tick off your players or leave them wondering what the front door is going on? If so, kudos, you've achieved that in spades. Imagine if you were told to do some extra stuff at work and your reward was free week-old coffee. Would you be stoked? I'm sure in the Event Ideas post there isn't one person saying, "please give us gear that will be about useless in 3 to 5 days." Come on guys, use the event idea posts, take care of your players, ok?

Now that my non-complaint is out, if at some point you guys decided it would be cool to give us a way to UPGRADE armor sets, Matthew's to Ida's, Ida's to Mieliam's, etc, then things would be different, hint hint, wink wink.

And Dredd, we love ya. Nothing against you.

dantilus10

Rank 0
PostedSep 27, 2012 11:45 pm
dkenog wrote:
Now that my non-complaint is out, if at some point you guys decided it would be cool to give us a way to UPGRADE armor sets, Matthew's to Ida's, Ida's to Mieliam's, etc, then things would be different, hint hint, wink wink.  
It's nice to have dreams.

Hushihuangdi

Rank 0
Hushihuangdi
PostedSep 28, 2012 1:21 am
Clearly you did not design this event Dredd. I however can say that many players that have been around for a while will not have much of a use for these items. Not to mention that most of those players have also lost the ability to spawn mines that will give rubies, many not even zircon. So even if they wanted to make this low level gear halfway useful in the competetive arena they would be forced to buy these items from the mall.

Not to say it would be terrible for a newer server like Warlord,but for a server that has the oldest players this virtually has no use. With the exception of selling at auction to noobs.

Once again no insult to you Dredd,but I think the developers need to take server circumstances into consideration when designing events such as this.

Jesse_034

Rank 0
PostedSep 28, 2012 5:58 am

Events

Smoking Crack @ the Idea Table
I've been around for about 6 months and have yet to see this game improve. Whilst potential is there...the refinement team or shot callers are clearly out smoking crack before decisions are made. Is it so hard to consider what people really want/need or will this trend of raping, pillaging, and plundering your player base be the norm for all time from Aeria Devs?

#1 priority should be figuring out how to up the player base...not rip off or discourage the few that remain. Getting $5 from 100,000 players is alot better than getting $10 from 1,000 players. Perhaps the accountants over there raided the Devs crack stash!?!

Just remember Aeria there is more to life than money.

sairamandrius

Rank 0
sairamandrius
PostedSep 28, 2012 6:33 am

Fragment Event!

In-Game Event
I just wana say Thanks! Smile
Nice Event

dantilus10

Rank 0
PostedSep 28, 2012 8:03 am

Re: Events

Smoking Crack @ the Idea Table
Jesse_034 wrote:
#1 priority should be figuring out how to up the player base...not rip off or discourage the few that remain. Getting $5 from 100,000 players is alot better than getting $10 from 1,000 players.  
But the options for this game are more like "get $10 from 500 players or $2,000 from 20 players." It's not difficult to see why they've designed it the way they have when you see the results.

Naaoko

Rank 0
PostedSep 28, 2012 9:39 am
Hushihuangdi wrote:
With the exception of selling at auction to noobs.  

So you admit there is a use for this. If nothing else, you get gems. Not everyone has been on the server forever and dropped half their salaries in this game.

This event is great. It's simple and straight forward. Do almost nothing, get FREE loot. There's no traps like the Olympic event. You dont have to drop 500g multiple times only to find out there is a 99.999999% chance of landing on the green and blue parts.

Does everyone who made a post complaining expect them to give out free warlords? Get real. Stop being greedy and just be happy with free loot.

Hushihuangdi

Rank 0
Hushihuangdi
PostedSep 28, 2012 10:17 am
Naaoko wrote:

Does everyone who made a post complaining expect them to give out free warlords? Get real. Stop being greedy and just be happy with free loot.  

I don't quite expect them to give out free Warlord's,but the reality of this is that most anyone in the top 100 sire power has outgrown these type of rewards long ago. Honestly what I would like to see is maybe some stone polisher packs,Robin magic impact drills or other items that can improve my current gear,which I certainly see as reasonable.