I don't play with clans n' all but I can tell you what the advanced settings do.
Depends on your PC really. I run the game maxed on 100-180 FPS with my current set up.
- It is used to cap your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate (Your monitor is 60 Hz, the ones that get 120 FPS have 120 Hz) in order to prevent screen tearing.
I suggest turning off V-sync because it adds input lag. (Mouse/control lag)
You can use Nvidia Inspector to cap your FPS to 59 (1 FPS short of your refresh rate) without any input lag if you get a lot of screen tearing, that is if you're using an Nvidia GPU.
- It is rather misleading, I think a more accurate name for it would be "multi-core rendering". It allows the game to use all of your cores to render frames, hence the higher FPS and overall performance.
Shader Model 3.0
- 3.0 is obviously newer and more advanced than 2.0 hence the better graphics. It's user preference if your PC can handle it.
- It makes textures look a lot clearer and sharper. The higher the setting is, the farther (Distance-wise) it affects textures. It has barely any performance hit so I'd suggest keeping it at 16x.
- Complex light source allows the game to use multiple dynamic lights in order to display shadows n' all that.
- Use (Real time) means that it'll have dynamic shadows rather than simple static ones on most objects. I prefer this setting because players' shadows sometimes help me spot them around corners and such. Lower settings are pretty self-explanatory.
- Removes jagged edges on stuff. I recommend keeping it at 8x. The improvement at 16x isn't really notice-able.
- It's the bright glow of light on surfaces, the sky and such. I prefer it off because I find that it just hinders my vision. Example pic for Bloom: http://documentosdoadm.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/nfsmw_10.jpg
- Pretty self-explanatory. I just turn it off.
- Makes the game's colors look much better.
Depth of Field
- The blur on your gun n' such when you ADS. (Like camera focus) I also find this distracting like Bloom so I turn it off.
- A pic would explain it much better: http://www.demark.org/essays/graphics/cr.jpg
Special effect detail
- Name explains itself.
Enhance special effects
- Just like above.
Smooth Frame Rate
- Introduces input lag. I recommend turning it off.