Tearfulplace

Rank 2
Tearfulplace
PostedSep 26, 2012 4:14 am

Favorite game publishers,nexion,aeria,perfect world etc. ?

Please tell me your favorites and maybe even rank em.
I'm wondering what are peoples favorite game publishers if thats what they are called i believe like Perfect World,alaplay,gpatato,nexion,aeria games i don't know to many but here is my list and why.

1. Perfect world,i like really all their games from Blacklight to Torchlight and they do not bad service either with me either a few tickets took less than 3 hours.

2.Nexion,just because nice and easy to earn their game cash,i like their games like Vindictus,Combat arms,and Atlantica. I don't know about their services.

3.Aeria,AS MUCH as i rather not like them to have my 3 spot they do have my favorite game Gunz! and the have some really nice quality games coming soon HOPEFULLY i do also enjoy the variate of browser games sometimes also.Service meh takes on average a 12 hours-1 day to get a ticket response for me.If they publish DK,Warren,and Lime they may be my number 2 & if they get queens blade number 1 lol.

4.alaplay,none of their titles really grab my attention they do have an awesome variety of browser games but with browser games meh i only play em when a game is down under maintenance.Don't know about their services.

5.Gpatato,nothing really gets my attention they do have some nice fantasy games but again nothing that grabs me.

Now if i missed any titles please let me know as i would love to check em out and the games they have! I apologize also if i'm off with things i'v said about these publishers these are my opinions and just the way i see,and would rank them as far as games that really grab my attention & give me super great anxiety and keep me entertained.

Advertisement

rathov_khan

Rank 4
rathov_khan
PostedSep 26, 2012 6:09 am
Well, if you're talking online combat-type games, then other than LC I would have to include Pirate Galaxy. They went through some major upheavals a few years ago, where the devs (Splitscreen Studios) split from their publishers (Gamigo), and lost many well-known and popular GM's and players in the process !!

I've not played PG for quite some time, but it was/still is (??) an excellent game with a lively community - and let's face it, flying spaceships through hyper-space and on planets, and fighting all kinds of nasties (including each other) has gotta be cool !!

EVE Online, another space combat game, but waaaay more complex than PG, and to my mind is it's downfall !!

Star Trek Online, I love the Trek universe as portrayed on tv/movies, but have only marginally played the game, and must admit I thought it would be better !!

Empire Universe, your colony ship lands on a barren planet and you must establish yourselves there - building homes and towns etc, mining resources and using them to create what you need - and taking care of your people to build a thriving community. When you can, you expand to other planets (preferably rich in resources you are short of) and establish new colonies. All good so far. Except, you're not the only colony in the universe, there are many many more, and they all have designs on your resources etc, and will fight to get at them !!

An interesting premise, and tbh an intriguing game too. Sadly a text-based game, rather than graphics, and so for the most part you must wait a while to see the outcome of developments, battles etc, which can be frustrating at times. Also it does leave the door open to bullying, where a large empire will literally pound you into submission, and you must join them as going it alone will leave your colony destroyed. But if you can take the heat, then by all means enter the kitchen !!

Grateful thanks to PupsiK for the awesome sigs !!

Shinjiro

Rank 2
Shinjiro
PostedOct 01, 2012 8:05 pm
Aeria is my favorite from personal experiences, they tend to handle their games pretty well compared to others. Setting the annoying random boxes aside, everything tends to be reasonably priced; and from my experience it doesn't become too pay to win either.. maybe DoMO with Saras was a bit ridiculous, but due to overpromoing they became widely available. (Though I don't agree to it happening honestly) GMs aren't hard to get ahold of, and they pretty commonly post in threads.

I'd have to very much disagree with Alaplaya being a good game publisher, but you've only experienced their browser games so you can't really see how bad some games have gotten. S4 League has literally been ruined due to their greed. I can go on and on about how horribly they're handling S4 league, but I won't go off-topic.

As much as I'd like to like game publishers for what games they have (Such as EME with TERA, Alaplaya with S4 and Nexon with DN) I also consider how they handle their games; not many publishers do a good job at it unfortunately.

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedNov 05, 2012 2:50 pm
Namco Bandai and Atlus. Even though I'm no huge fan of their games, they actually know what the fans want and make it for them.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedNov 05, 2012 3:10 pm
So far, tbh, NCSoft.
I'm really really surprised at the comeback they made with Aion f2p NA. Major kudos. Not really too sure about their other games though. Unfortunately they sold EU to Gameforge.. which is the absolute worst publishing company I've dealt with so far.

Nexon made a pretty okay comeback with Dragon Nest. They have some really nice events for it as well, but they definitely killed the game at its launch unfortunately and still seem to be getting back on their feet with it.

As far as Aeria, they're pretty good. Their support system is by far the best that I've seen due to my experience of almost always getting a reply in a very timely manner. (Usually within the same day/24 hour time period.) And, as stated, some of GMs actually seem to be semi-active in the forum community. Not really a fan of most of Aerias games currently however.

They're probably better publishers but I haven't played their games due long enough due to lack of interest to really say anything about their publishers.

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedNov 06, 2012 3:15 pm
I honestly can't say which one I like best, its not because their all good, in fact their far from it.

I've been enraged by quite a few, honorable mention atm goes to Beanfun ...whose answer to DoMo ---> Soul Captor Online, was a huge letdown and now is already dying.

Although I've been with Aeria quite a while, I still can't give them my utmost support, as some of their decisions have been a bit rash.

I do however like some of the staff, I think they realize their faults, and are willing to improve. Currently I spend a lot of time with Turbine, as I play Lord of the Rings Online alot, but their service's have dropped a bit tbh, despite them being an ex p2p brand.

(Lots of crashs and bugs basically)

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedNov 10, 2012 8:59 am
In my honest opinion i think nexon is the best publisher, europe and the us one, they both have excelent games and costumer support and i can't find any complaints about them.

Aeria would probably be number 3 or 4 in my list, which is still pretty good.

TheFinalAccBoi

Rank 0
PostedNov 20, 2012 11:31 am
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
So far, tbh, NCSoft.
I'm really really surprised at the comeback they made with Aion f2p NA. Major kudos. Not really too sure about their other games though. Unfortunately they sold EU to Gameforge.. which is the absolute worst publishing company I've dealt with so far.

Nexon made a pretty okay comeback with Dragon Nest. They have some really nice events for it as well, but they definitely killed the game at its launch unfortunately and still seem to be getting back on their feet with it.

As far as Aeria, they're pretty good. Their support system is by far the best that I've seen due to my experience of almost always getting a reply in a very timely manner. (Usually within the same day/24 hour time period.) And, as stated, some of GMs actually seem to be semi-active in the forum community. Not really a fan of most of Aerias games currently however.

They're probably better publishers but I haven't played their games due long enough due to lack of interest to really say anything about their publishers.  

NCSoft all the way :0