tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Regarding Gear Drops & Sales

Sighborg88 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

In order to clarify a few issues regarding gear, we felt it was necessary to highlight a couple of things regarding what gear will be sold and what gear can be achieved in-game.

The following items are not currently available in-game.
Helms (As always)
Boots
Leggings

In the past we've sold entire sets of gear, but our ultimate goal is to move away from this strategy. Episode 6.1 did not contain all the sell-able content we were hoping for, such as a new cape, which does not exist in 6.1. In the future we plan to replace selling gear(except helms/capes and certain special accessories) with other things that are meant to be AP items, such as pets and costumes.

For now, those 3 pieces are AP items, while all tops, gauntlets, shields, weapons, accessories, and set piece accessories are reserved for drops and quests and can all be achieved in-game. We hope this is a temporary resolution between the spenders who want to buy gear and the grinders who want to get it in-game.  

Items are still not in AP mall as far as I see. They have the Legs and Helm (trinity tokens or in EOM tier) but no way to get the boots?

Can we please get an update on when the items will be in the AP mall. And when will the 75+ gear be out. Thanks <3

Advertisement

wpound

Rank 0
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Helms?

I'm confused I thought you were able to get Helms as a quest item? and since when are boots and leggings not in game. Is this an over level 70 thing or is this a new change?

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Re: Helms?

wpound wrote:
I'm confused I thought you were able to get Helms as a quest item? and since when are boots and leggings not in game. Is this an over level 70 thing or is this a new change?  

Helms are an AP item, same as capes. The Legs and Boots for the 70-80 gear are AP only

grieverblade

Rank 1
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:38 pm
LoDebar wrote:
In Korea, the boot, gloves, and pants are quest items, the Top was not a quest item. The boots and pants were specifically removed from our game. Just like many of the quest armor pieces were removed back in the ep2/3 days such as the lvl 20-23 UM heroic armor. These quests still have not been restored. Once removed, it will be permanently removed.

In Korea the lvl 75-79 gear are quest items also. But when history repeats itself, most of that will be removed also.

Aeria has to keep these items as AP items. It is the only way to get people to spend 30k AP at one of the weekly tiers. Without them, there isn't much need for any of the sub tier items because the next gear set will be in the EP6.3 to be released in December. So AP sales are going to tank unless they have the gear in the top tiers.

If Aeria wants to get away from the AP gear model, then they should just directly sell the GM enchants and Max OJ's and the fancy lapis in the item mall and just forget about these tiered events. If they want to entice people to spend more, then have bogo's on them from time to time. Nobody buys the tiers because of the free stuff that you get. They buy the tiers because that is the only way to get the "free" stuff.  

I completely agree with this. Moreover, the level 8 lapises are not meant to break gear at all; wouldn't surprise me none that they would change this as well.

All gear except for helmet and cape should drop in game or given through quest rewards. I really hope Tactics can make this happen in which gear and lapises (stat only ones and duals) drop in game and the other special lapises (flash/sonics..etc) in AP as they've done. People will still buy these. Back couple episodes ago you didn't even need to have tiers, now look.. my god tiers every week and giving repetitive things and the like...you seem to like having 30 something placeholders..I don't know why you want to bring yourself so much pain of having many placeholders. Just keep it to one tier end of the month having really good things and that's it, no more tiers. People will still buy the exp stones/charms/PIDs and the like for their everyday gaming anyway.

wpound

Rank 0
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Helms? Since when?

Since when are helms only ap I do not buy ap and I have helms on all my toons over lvl 25....I also have capes on those toons because they were available to be bought in game ....helms were gotten as a quest reward. when did that change....If that is the case then I am almost sorry I came back to Shaiya....I actually missed playing and did enjoy it....but if I have to sink money into a free to play game just to be able to participate in my favorite aspect of it (pvp) then I may have to find another game.

Marsuaves_Black

Rank 4
Marsuaves_Black
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Helms? Since when?

wpound wrote:
Since when are helms only ap I do not buy ap and I have helms on all my toons over lvl 25....I also have capes on those toons because they were available to be bought in game ....helms were gotten as a quest reward. when did that change....If that is the case then I am almost sorry I came back to Shaiya....I actually missed playing and did enjoy it....but if I have to sink money into a free to play game just to be able to participate in my favorite aspect of it (pvp) then I may have to find another game.  

Helms with slots/oj's have always been an AP item. Non slot helms are attainable in game.

wpound

Rank 0
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Helms? Since when?

oh okay so that hasn't changed...that's all I wanted to make sure. Thank you.

BeIIatrix666

Rank 0
PostedSep 26, 2012 9:02 pm
the new gears def is nice for a squishy pagan like me and i might've thought about possibly buying a piece or 2 from ap when it comes out...but it looks so horribly ugly xD whoever was in charge of making it should be fired. seriously.
it should be recolored. Amaraer > this new junk

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedSep 26, 2012 9:07 pm
BeIIatrix666 wrote:
the new gears def is nice for a squishy pagan like me and i might've thought about possibly buying a piece or 2 from ap when it comes out...but it looks so horribly ugly xD whoever was in charge of making it should be fired. seriously.

LOL have you seen the new Lighty gear for Priests- there is a random wing on only one shoulder. and the Mage gear is AWEFUL. maybe it is stylish in Korea, but definitely not in the US.

BeIIatrix666

Rank 0
PostedSep 26, 2012 9:09 pm
tsavarite wrote:
BeIIatrix666 wrote:

LOL have you seen the new Lighty gear for Priests- there is a random wing on only one shoulder. and the Mage gear is AWEFUL. maybe it is stylish in Korea, but definitely not in the US.  

well pag/orc gets ugly brown/green colors that look nasty together lol
and i saw the hunt tops, theyre pretty ugly too
i dont even want to see what the rest of the gear looks like Mad