M_Suolaniemi

Rank 4
M_Suolaniemi
PostedSep 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Re: Regarding Gear Drops & Sales

Sighborg88 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

In order to clarify a few issues regarding gear, we felt it was necessary to highlight a couple of things regarding what gear will be sold and what gear can be achieved in-game.

The following items are not currently available in-game.
Helms (As always)
Boots
Leggings

In the past we've sold entire sets of gear, but our ultimate goal is to move away from this strategy. Episode 6.1 did not contain all the sell-able content we were hoping for, such as a new cape, which does not exist in 6.1. In the future we plan to replace selling gear(except helms/capes and certain special accessories) with other things that are meant to be AP items, such as pets and costumes.

For now, those 3 pieces are AP items, while all tops, gauntlets, shields, weapons, accessories, and set piece accessories are reserved for drops and quests and can all be achieved in-game. We hope this is a temporary resolution between the spenders who want to buy gear and the grinders who want to get it in-game.  

what are special Accessories? or are those the same drop in game Oo

Advertisement

Frozenfever

Rank 0
PostedSep 25, 2012 5:46 pm
AHAHAHAHAHA that's possibly one of the funniest things I have ever read in my life. You guys aren't even trying to pretend you want this game to remain free to play.

You don't make enough money from the rest of the items you have in the item mall, so you take out in-game items and sell those instead. I already thought you were going to be moving towards this. Vanity sets were rewards for a quest, but then were ap only. LVl 61 helmets were a reward for a quest, but then those are ap only now. Be done with it and take out all quest rewards from this game. In fact take all npc merchant items and drops out and make us buy with ap.

Or that a step too far huh? Lose too many players when you officially make this game Pay-to-Play? But then you'd have those precious few ap spenders paying your wages so it's all fine.

PM's, everyone knows the problems we have with Shaiya are all down to your meddling with what the developers designed. Well congratulations, I'm looking forward to the fall out from this. It should make entertaining reading. In my opinion you guys are not hated enough. People believe a new PM will make it all better, then a month down the line, you make decisions like this. Well lmao.

Face it, decisions your predecessor PM's made harmed Shaiya, and instead of fixing their mistakes, you make new ones of your own.

Player retention an issue? Getting more new players to start playing and stay a problem? Getting the players of Shaiya to pay your wages a quandary? Simple: Stop messing with the game. The developers have qualifications, get paid, and spend years designing a game. They would not release it if it didn't work, if they didn't think people wouldn't enjoy playing. Maybe you should trust their judgment and leave things as they are. Leave the game something players want to stay playing, and after a while, throw in some money when they've fallen in love with the game. I don't know what your qualifications are, or how you evaluate your player base, but at the moment, all of that seems very sadly lacking haha. Maybe actually show the negative feedback to your bosses, instead of just trying to lick their boots and get them more money, which in the long term won't work with the ideas you have been coming out with.

GL with 'moving away from having gear's as ap items'. Either you'll change your mind very quickly and come to your senses with this and leave the game as the developers designed. Or you keep it as it is: you will have lost so many players who will move onto games which actually are Free-to-Play, that the few you keep who didn't mind spending ap, you will be dependent on.

Makes me laugh when I read replies in this topic that players won't even be buying the new gears and would rather keep their lvl 70 stuff. Score for you PM's!

Once upon a time I wondered whether I should throw some money into this game like I would for any game I buy from stores. I thank every day that I have not wasted a single cent of my own money on this farce.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedSep 25, 2012 6:25 pm
Let me get this straight...so instead of 1 out of 5 pieces being AP exclusive (helm), you are making it 3 out of 5 of them being AP exclusive? (Helm, leg, boots). In the past you sold entire sets BUT also gave players opportunities to obtain them via in game means. AP was a much easier alternative which made farming gear redundant but that's another story. I guess this help retain value of ROTCO pieces better than your trinity tokens.

If you strategy is moving away from selling whole sets, I look forward to being able to farm worship and dread pieces for 1-15 and 20-30 or whatever equivalent of the top AP gear is in those zones.

unicorns.rule

Rank 2
unicorns.rule
PostedSep 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: Regarding Gear Drops & Sales

M_Suolaniemi wrote:

what are special Accessories? or are those the same drop in game Oo  

^

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedSep 25, 2012 8:23 pm
having gears that u can only get with AP is stupid, thats all i gotta say lol

Aussie86

Rank 2
Aussie86
PostedSep 25, 2012 8:36 pm
bjw123456789 wrote:
having gears that u can only get with AP is stupid, thats all i gotta say lol  

^ Yup, This is supposed to be a free 2 play game

Lando_

Rank 2
PostedSep 25, 2012 9:08 pm
You guys need to hire a forum PR person lol

Shaiya = Facebook with graphics

fkcmcp

Rank 5.1
fkcmcp
PostedSep 25, 2012 9:44 pm
tactics wrote:

As Sighborg said-- We have left the vast majority of stuff to remain available in-game, and our goal is to move toward AP systems that make sense, such as pets and costumes.  
Good job if u telling the truth Very Happy

GoonReaper

Rank 5
GoonReaper
PostedSep 25, 2012 10:13 pm
tactics wrote:
Marsuaves_Black wrote:
All gear should be available in game via SOME method other than helm/cape. IMO the drop rate of what is dropping is tremendously too high and basically worth nothing lol while the other pieces are not obtainable by any mean other than AP.

Oh well saves me from spending. Thanks for the update, I'll wait on higher level set.  

You'll be waiting a long time. This is gonna be tough on a reseller like you. Your call if you want to miss the opportunity.

As Sighborg said-- We have left the vast majority of stuff to remain available in-game, and our goal is to move toward AP systems that make sense, such as pets and costumes.  

I lol'd

But I think that will be the last post from anyone from AGE's staff for a bit on this topic.

Maybe idk but I see a trend.

Mellijor

Rank 5
Mellijor
PostedSep 26, 2012 1:43 am
Its Better to be Free Rather buying all in AP.. ty for the up date Very Happy