Sighborg88

Aeria: Product Manager
Sighborg88
PostedSep 25, 2012 2:29 pm   Last edited by Sighborg88 on Oct 02, 2012 6:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Regarding Gear Drops & Sales

Hello Everyone,

In order to clarify a few issues regarding gear, we felt it was necessary to highlight a couple of things regarding what gear will be sold and what gear can be achieved in-game.

The following items are not currently available in-game.
Helms (As always)
Boots
Leggings

In the past we've sold entire sets of gear, but our ultimate goal is to move away from this strategy. Episode 6.1 did not contain all the sell-able content we were hoping for, such as a new cape, which does not exist in 6.1. In the future we plan to replace selling gear(except helms/capes and certain special accessories) with other things that are meant to be AP items, such as pets and costumes.

For now, those 3 pieces are AP items, while all tops, gauntlets, shields, weapons, accessories, and set piece accessories are reserved for drops and quests and can all be achieved in-game. We hope this is a temporary resolution between the spenders who want to buy gear and the grinders who want to get it in-game.
Advertisement

Marsuaves_Black

Rank 4
Marsuaves_Black
PostedSep 25, 2012 2:42 pm
All gear should be available in game via SOME method other than helm/cape. IMO the drop rate of what is dropping is tremendously too high and basically worth nothing lol while the other pieces are not obtainable by any mean other than AP.

Oh well saves me from spending. Thanks for the update, I'll wait on higher level set.

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedSep 25, 2012 2:55 pm
Marsuaves_Black wrote:
All gear should be available in game via SOME method other than helm/cape. IMO the drop rate of what is dropping is tremendously too high and basically worth nothing lol while the other pieces are not obtainable by any mean other than AP.

Oh well saves me from spending. Thanks for the update, I'll wait on higher level set.  

You'll be waiting a long time. This is gonna be tough on a reseller like you. Your call if you want to miss the opportunity.

As Sighborg said-- We have left the vast majority of stuff to remain available in-game, and our goal is to move toward AP systems that make sense, such as pets and costumes.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedSep 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Thanks for the info and will be looking forward to future updates Smile With some of the gear so affordable right now, us little toons are stocking up for later.

<br>Semi-Retired until some semblance of F2P is returned...

Marsuaves_Black

Rank 4
Marsuaves_Black
PostedSep 25, 2012 3:35 pm
tactics wrote:
Marsuaves_Black wrote:

You'll be waiting a long time. This is gonna be tough on a reseller like you. Your call if you want to miss the opportunity.

As Sighborg said-- We have left the vast majority of stuff to remain available in-game, and our goal is to move toward AP systems that make sense, such as pets and costumes.  

Not really sure what you're trying to insinuate here as I'm just another customer of this company why would it be tougher on me than anyone else?

I was simply stating that the benefits, for ME, of this set are not > the cost of upgrading from my current set (I will upgrade to the top/quest gaunts as they were more of less free in game items) and I will wait! Nothing personal just my decision on it.

Anyway, thanks for the update so I can stop wandering around trying to find these quest lines lol.

b3def

Rank 4
PostedSep 25, 2012 3:38 pm
tactics wrote:
Marsuaves_Black wrote:

The difference between the 70 and 73 set isn't that high, the only major difference is the Tops are x2 Defense and Resistance, as are the other pieces, but the top is a large amount compared to the other pieces, and they're a free drop in-game. The benefits of upgrading to a full 73 set is minimal, for me anyway, since my 70 set is full [18] enchanted, it would cost too much to upgrade that again.

If the jump from 73 to 79 set is like the jump from 65 to 70, then for people like us it's better too keep our current gear [18] than to spend 100s of OPs or $$ to make the 73 set upto par and marginally better than the 70 set.

I do appreciate that you're moving in a direction away from gear sales for AP and going onto more conventional items which you'd expect to be AP and not gear which should be farmed in-game.

Keep up the good work.

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedSep 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Regarding Gear Drops & Sales

Sighborg88 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

In order to clarify a few issues regarding gear, we felt it was necessary to highlight a couple of things regarding what gear will be sold and what gear can be achieved in-game.

The following items are not currently available in-game.
Helms (As always)
Boots
Leggings

In the past we've sold entire sets of gear, but our ultimate goal is to move away from this strategy. Episode 6.1 did not contain all the sell-able content we were hoping for, such as a new cape, which does not exist in 6.1. In the future we plan to replace selling gear(except helms/capes and certain special accessories) with other things that are meant to be AP items, such as pets and costumes.

For now, those 3 pieces are AP items, while all tops, gauntlets, shields, weapons, accessories, and set piece accessories are reserved for drops and quests and can all be achieved in-game. We hope this is a temporary resolution between the spenders who want to buy gear and the grinders who want to get it in-game.  

Any idea on when these will be available in the AP mall? I have not seen them yet and would like to see the prices before I decide whether or not I will move to a 73 set or not.

Thanks <3

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
PostedSep 25, 2012 4:02 pm
I appreciate the update as many have been wondering about this issue.
That being said, I cannot say that I am happy about this. While I understand the need for sell-able content, I do not like the idea of half of a set being AP only. In ep5, there was an AP alternative to the in-game available gear. Now there is no alternative. There is AP or a half-finished set. In my opinion, you'd do better to let players get the gear in game and then spend in the item mall to upgrade. While there are going to be some who buy the gear from the item mall, I think most will just stick with their 70 legs and boots that are already linked, enchanted, and OJ'd, resulting in less spending on upgrades. As someone already said, the jump from 70 to 72 leggings is not that big.

..Love

Rank 1
..Love
PostedSep 25, 2012 4:11 pm
Sighborg88 wrote:

In the past we've sold entire sets of gear, but our ultimate goal is to move away from this strategy.

For now, those 3 pieces are AP items, while all tops, gauntlets, shields, weapons, accessories, and set piece accessories are reserved for drops and quests and can all be achieved in-game.

In EP3/4 we had only helm/capes for AP items and this is ok, cuz EVERYTHING ELSE was drop IN GAME
With EP5 the 60-69 set were ap items AND DROP IN GAME
With 70 gear we had ROTCO, one way on another possible to get gear that DROP IN GAME and ap gears were alternative solution.

I want to know how exactly you move away from selling gears with ap, when in EP6 the gears CANT BE GET IN GAME and ONLY WITH AP.

Let me translate your post:

Sighborg88 would say if he was honest wrote:

In the past we've sold entire sets of gear, but our ultimate goal is to move away from this strategy AND SELL EVERYTHING ONLY WITH AP.

ChaosWithin666

Rank 3
ChaosWithin666
PostedSep 25, 2012 4:28 pm
tactics wrote:
Marsuaves_Black wrote:

Tatics, if there anyone who can get this games AP system to make any sort of sense, its you, lets hope we can get it get back to an ep3 situation, where your guys didn't interfere to much with gear drop. All goddess gear was in game, except the helms obviously.