cujo369

Rank 0
PostedSep 25, 2012 2:44 am

upgrading gear

Whats going on with the upgrading of gear. Can it now only be done if we spend the money on Talisman??? I spend in excess of 300aqua's to try and upgrade 1 mieliam piece. was trying to get to +7, but has ended only +3 only? I mean surely that must be some kind of joke?!!! can some-one clarify/explain this crap at all?? +7 never use to be this difficult!
Advertisement

Ranshalvaz

Rank 1
Ranshalvaz
PostedSep 26, 2012 4:29 pm
The random numbers they use are not trustworthy. I've noticed stretches of a few minutes where gear just won't have a success (doing it one by one). Your attempt must have been during one of these 'blackout' times.

Maybe 6 tries of 50 spread out over 20 minutes?
I'm no expert, maybe someone else can give a better answer.

(Talisman are still way too expensive for me to use in a mass-try.)

Hushihuangdi

Rank 0
Hushihuangdi
PostedOct 04, 2012 9:29 am
I've had plenty of warlords go straight from 0 to 8 without any cash and little cost on fortification gems. So what it really boils down to is luck. you really have to consider that at the point of +7 your chances of success are under 50%, therefore you have an equal chance of failing. Additionally there is the factor of it bouncing down below +6 many times. Do this without automatic fortification and you should see this.

vampofval21

GameSage: Aeria Browser
vampofval21
PostedOct 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: upgrading gear

cujo369 wrote:
Whats going on with the upgrading of gear. Can it now only be done if we spend the money on Talisman??? I spend in excess of 300aqua's to try and upgrade 1 mieliam piece. was trying to get to +7, but has ended only +3 only? I mean surely that must be some kind of joke?!!! can some-one clarify/explain this crap at all?? +7 never use to be this difficult!  

My best advice for this -- Don't jump stars.

Fortification success increases for players who opt to fortify one heartbreaking star at a time, rather than dumping a lot of gems and crossing fingers. I've fortified pieces in both ways and have considerably better chances doing it one star at a time, rather than going for several stars with a chunk of gems.

dfierceliger

Rank 0
PostedOct 10, 2012 6:07 pm

really?

really?
i find the opposite to be true.. i have found that doing star by star is absolute torture and ruins your chances of high fort rates. i find that if you use 10 gems at a time and do skip fortify you are more likely to get +7 the first time. only with lower gear types though. i find it impossible to get past +7 with aqua's and up