Hemixic

Rank 0
PostedSep 23, 2012 8:02 pm

In-Game Issues.

Recently, I've been freezing In-Game at the start of the Program. What I would like to know, if this issues is on my end or is it on Aeria Games End?
Advertisement

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedSep 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Re: In-Game Issues.

Hemixic wrote:
Recently, I've been freezing In-Game at the start of the Program. What I would like to know, if this issues is on my end or is it on Aeria Games End?  

Hello Hemixic, Please check your running tasks when you start AVA (ctrl+shift+esc). From what it sounds like, some process has recently presented itself that is either causing a conflict with AVA itself, or is just draining computer resources in general. I would like to know any history you've had with your computer recently (recently installed/uninstalled programs etc). If this problem is just occurring now and you haven't had any issues with it before then it'd be hard to blame it on your computers hardware, even so it would be nice if you could post your PC specs here so I (or any other techy around here) can help rule out any possible causes. Also I would like to note of an issue I've had myself, where the programs gameguard, xfire, and YIM, have caused performance issues while playing ava.

In short I'm asking for three things so that I may be able to help you further

1. A screenshot of your processes running while ava is open (ctrl+shift+esc)

2. Any computer history from the time in which your problem originally arose.

3. Your computers hardware specs

Thank you for your patience, and sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Smile

Hemixic

Rank 0
PostedSep 24, 2012 5:15 am
I Thank-You for reponding as quickly as you Did. Here are the 3 Items that you Require:

- 1 : Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: GX769AA-A2L a6318f
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1918MB RAM
Page File: 763MB used, 3073MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

- 2 : I currently only have 2 Major Programs installed onto Windows 7; AVA along with Ignite and Office 2010.

- 3 : As for the Task Manger, the only things that appear when AVA is running is the Basics:

AVA.exe
aeriaignite.exe
Akamai NetSession Interface
winlogon.exe
SearchIndex
dwm.exe
smss.exe
lsass.exe
lsm.exe
services.exe
audiodg.exe
csrss.exe
csrss.exe
explorer.exe
svchost.exe (13)
System
taskhost.exe
wininit.exe
WUDFHost.exe

I hope you can help Me... :/

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedSep 24, 2012 8:48 am   Last edited by ZiggyIsGrape on Sep 24, 2012 10:48 am. Edited 1 time in total
Hemixic wrote:
I Thank-You for reponding as quickly as you Did. Here are the 3 Items that you Require:

- 1 : Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: GX769AA-A2L a6318f
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1918MB RAM
Page File: 763MB used, 3073MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

- 2 : I currently only have 2 Major Programs installed onto Windows 7; AVA along with Ignite and Office 2010.

- 3 : As for the Task Manger, the only things that appear when AVA is running is the Basics:

AVA.exe
aeriaignite.exe
Akamai NetSession Interface
winlogon.exe
SearchIndex
dwm.exe
smss.exe
lsass.exe
lsm.exe
services.exe
audiodg.exe
csrss.exe
csrss.exe
explorer.exe
svchost.exe (13)
System
taskhost.exe
wininit.exe
WUDFHost.exe

I hope you can help Me... :/  

Hello again Hemixic,

The first thing I've done is gone through (what I presume to be your 'notebooks') specs and found that it doesn't seem to be too terribly powerful unfortunately. For this I suggest to turn all the settings ingame to low, and play on the lowest available resolution (I've come to the conclusion that you're probably getting these slowdowns on certain big maps in certain locations). Also be sure to check frame stabilize in the options as it can produce a significant speedup for most users, and make sure Vsync, and smooth frame rate are off. Also I noticed in your tasks that DWM is on. This isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it is not 100% necessary when running games and can cause slowdowns on slower processors. I recommend two free programs to help a little with this issue. The first is gamebooster, this program will close most unnecessary processes within your PC while you play games or other resource intensive tasks (and turns of windows aero, DWM, and themes). The second is ASC 'Advanced System Care', a program with a multitude of useful PC tools that can help speedup and optimize your PC for various tasks. Both of these programs are developed by IObit and are safe.

If what I've provided you to try does not fix your issue please reply back stating so and I can look into this further. Smile

Hemixic

Rank 0
PostedSep 24, 2012 10:18 am
I (Again) Thank-You ZiggyIsGrape for your feedback concerning this Issue. Everything has gone Successfully. Continue to help people like you've helped me, it will go along way in the Forums.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedSep 24, 2012 1:24 pm
Hemixic wrote:
I (Again) Thank-You ZiggyIsGrape for your feedback concerning this Issue. Everything has gone Successfully. Continue to help people like you've helped me, it will go along way in the Forums.  

No, thank you, you've brightened my day Very Happy