jdangboltz

Rank 0
PostedSep 20, 2012 10:41 pm

How do ppl make money in this game?! D=

Hey everyone! Was just wondering what people do to earn money. I've been trying to get my Aven fame up for weeks now, but it's really slow because my income is poor. I craft Supernova pieces and sell them in the auction house. Crafting them is too much of a gamble since it's like a 65% chance of successfully making any of the pieces. Someone else mentioned farming Delphi Temple using an engineer. I've tried it and have yet to see any progress since I need better equips to do that. I'm already level 54 and I don't have any level 53 equipment.

Any tips or tricks on how to make money? o=

Thanks
Advertisement

sang06

Rank 3
sang06
PostedSep 20, 2012 10:45 pm
Well, people can make money from either buying AP, then selling the AP items you can get from the item mall.

Though the majority of the players gear themselves up well, so they can farm dungeons like Veninfang/Delphi Temple/Manor/Sturmfrau. Once you get yourself to farm fast with a certain class. You can begin using lootcharms to gain even more profit. (More items will drop that you can sell to an NPC to make money)
Although looking at your situation, best thing you can do is slowly make money from Delphi Temple, then save up for higher gears~

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedSep 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Hello, jdang.

Do your dungeon dailies! That's one of the greatest ways to make money, apart from solo'ing dungeons. You can easily get 100g+ after doing all your dailies.

Also, when you go to Aven, you will see an NPC called Wee Rowan. He gives out two quests, one for 3v3 arena and one for MBA. If you complete it you can get warstones, which are traded at Amos to get ECs. Then you can sell the ECs. However, please try to get both quests at the same time, because if you hand in one, you may soon find out that you cannot get the other one. TW will also supply you with ECs if you help kill a crystal.

Delphi Temple is a great way to farm. You sell the equipment you get there at an NPC. For that, you don't really need much gear, just enough damage to kill the monsters fast. This can be done with just a good gun.

The Loyalty Shop is a shop that you can buy from after getting enough Loyalty points. These can be acquired from Goth every 2 hours, and you can buy things like chisels to sell.

Also, racial crafting helps! If you're a human/anuran/halfkin/ursun, you can make money by your racial crafting skills, so make sure to learn them!

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
PostedSep 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: How do ppl make money in this game?! D=

jdangboltz wrote:
Hey everyone! Was just wondering what people do to earn money. I've been trying to get my Aven fame up for weeks now, but it's really slow because my income is poor. I craft Supernova pieces and sell them in the auction house. Crafting them is too much of a gamble since it's like a 65% chance of successfully making any of the pieces. Someone else mentioned farming Delphi Temple using an engineer. I've tried it and have yet to see any progress since I need better equips to do that. I'm already level 54 and I don't have any level 53 equipment.

Any tips or tricks on how to make money? o=

Thanks  

1. Selling Eden Crystals.
At this point, people in EE LOVE to gamble with these things. They usually sell for 65 - 85g.

2. Doing dungeon runs.
As you said, people mention Delphi is a great way to get money. And it is. You simply need about 20 movement speed. To get this you need the following.
Either an Heirloom Ring (Valley of Kings fame chest) or a Screaming ring (Goss Mountain fame chest).
Fast Feet Necklace from Delphi fame chest.
Glider cape from Wetlands fame chest.

You will also need a polar sunset ring, or Final Destination Ring. (Polar Sunsets sell for 600g on both servers, or you can craft your own.) Final Destination Rings are from trials, and you can buy it from other players as well.

Your overall gear isn't important. As if you do it right, you won't be getting hit a whole lot, and when you do, your Polar Sunset Ring / Final Destination Ring will heal that damage.

3. Crafted gear, and crafting materials.
You can find out what to craft / gather just by looking in the Auction House. Take a few moments to look and you'll know.

4. Selling AP items / costumes.
Players LOVE costumes and AP items. So find an item or costume that's really popular, and go for it!

Soalai

Rank 1
Soalai
PostedSep 21, 2012 11:37 am
A question about Delphi farming: Now that we have limited mode where the mobs are way easier to kill, is it still necessary to have special gear? There is no way I'm spending all that gold on a PSR, but I would love to take advantage of the gold from this dungeon regardless.

Also dungeon dailies are not really an option any more since they can't be completed in 1-player mode. At level 54 you can really only get as far as Eroda, for 7g or so total per day.

<br> <a>GuildLaunch userpage</a><br>

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
PostedSep 21, 2012 11:39 am
Soalai wrote:
A question about Delphi farming: Now that we have limited mode where the mobs are way easier to kill, is it still necessary to have special gear? There is no way I'm spending all that gold on a PSR, but I would love to take advantage of the gold from this dungeon regardless.

Also dungeon dailies are not really an option any more since they can't be completed in 1-player mode. At level 54 you can really only get as far as Eroda, for 7g or so total per day.  

Yes, but with limited mode you can only enter Delphi temple twice a day. Meaning you'll only get two runs worth of drops, and half that amount of EXP. So unlimited is still the mode to go for farming.

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedSep 21, 2012 11:56 am
Another suggestion is that when you are farming/mining/summoning the mats yourself to raise your aven fame, more often than not, you can sell the excess mats for a decent price to gain back gold. I have a friend who summons/mines/or farms the mats in demand and sells them and makes a profit.

Selling excess mats can pay for the bps you use to raise that fame.

Of course other alternatives mentioned in this thread were dungeon quests, farming certain dungeons, buying AP, and etc.

Depends on your playing style and what you have time to do. o/ Good Luck.

shiro4499

Rank 0
shiro4499
PostedSep 21, 2012 2:32 pm
There are many ways to make gold in this game, its more or less about whether you can save or not, yeah?

As many have mentioned you can farm dungeons; which yeah is probably the fastest way and the best. Although it seems small unless you get a necklace or ring, the other equips can add up pretty fast.

As Miss Sang , and Miss Extra mentioned, AP items will probably make gold then anything, just depends on if you can get them or not.

You do also have 2 limited of each dungeon a day to do.

So every day be sure to do pretty much any near your level so while you can be leveling your classes you can get the drops and sell them and make a nice little gain.

Also , look at the mini map and click this button:

Or press "P".

You'll see this, click the recommended event tab;

You can do these to turn a nice profit ^.^;

Also as they said, the dungeon dailies ^.^; (remember you have to go in unlimited mode for the dungeon dailies and recommended events )

On the image below I marked two npcs.

The one with the blue arrow, you can turn in 30 eden crystal fragments to get a EC (You get fragments from the daily recommended )

The one with red is the one Miss Spongey was talking about.

Place on mini map:

Concerning Eden crystals , you can either sell or try your luck, it is your choice.

As for racial crafting,
you will need to visit these men:

You can either sell the mats you get, or Make something using your racial crafting (I've had profits with both.)

Criss is also right with the farming , mining and summoning.

julz_julz1987

Rank 0
julz_julz1987
PostedSep 21, 2012 5:24 pm
I'm just LV.30 but Daily quests are pretty profitable for me. From Rainbow forest to Beluga bay. Confused

Klonoa00

Rank 0
PostedSep 22, 2012 12:51 am
An also very important detail to making money is knowing where to spend it.

For example in skills, theirs some that are not really a neccesity to level as their effect highly trumps bonus stats.

Take healing classes for example.

Cure is a neccesity and should be leveled when you can afford it because you heal for more. Yet Revive, revives no matter what level it is, so it's not a priority to invest gold on.

saving up for an orange set of gear will pay for itself eventually in avoiding repair costs as these have no durability and amazing stats.

Don't get an apartment in aven, join a guild with a town and having an apartment is free of costs.

Avoid buying eden crystals, at high costs, aim for 60-65g max hard to find but if you want to gamble, best thing you can do is minimize the costs.

Avoid buying low level stuff, if you're level 52. Don't buy level 48 gear, save up for 53 gear. it'll be much better. If you don't have a considerable amount of time left on a level range dont invest gold on it.

Avoid crafting until you have enough gold for multiple tries. Craftin can fail, and coronas essences do get costly. Save crafting for when you can afford to fail once or twice and not have 20s left over. If you need a set, buy one.

If you don't care about fashion, and want primes for stats. Aim for the cheapest ones available. You can just hide the fashion until you get stuff you like. Theirs a difference between having 22k angel wings and a 2k sugar bear satchel that give you the same stats.

Visit guild towns when crystals come out. Breaking the crystals make blue chests spawn all across the town. From here you can get repair hammers that save you repair costs, Cp charms, and exp charms. They are non tradeable but they are free!

If you need world calls, save up Eternal Points to buy them with. at 5 EP a call you can get one free world call every 6 hours.

Avoid buying Costume dyes, You'll level up your class and get new outfits, wait until you find the class outfit you like the most and dye that one.

The less you spend, the more you save!