GMZeal

GameMaster: USA
GMZeal
PostedSep 20, 2012 5:53 pm   Last edited by GMZeal on Oct 25, 2012 3:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total

[Feature] PVP: Clash of Gods

It's finally here!

Background:

The “fallen God of Corruption” Amole had been sunk in sleep in the demon land for a long time before he got awakened by accident. This time he swore vengeance on Hull, Lord of all gods and also the very one who once had driven Amole from this land. However, Hull had a deep-rooted status as the Lord of all gods in the land. Amole then made a desperate attempt by dispatching his henchmen to carry out sabotage and missionary activities in the land. After years of efforts, Amole successfully instituted an organization against the existing regime in the land called “Dark League”. This organization recruited members by taking advantage of people’s greed, lust and negative emotions. Holy League, on the contrary, advocated love and peace. The two leagues expanded their influence in the land respectively. Gradually, the secret competition evolved into fierce military confrontation. During the long term confrontation that subsequently broke out, both sides occupied some parts of territories. There was only one place called “Relic of God” that remained untouched by both sides. Soon both sides established their strongholds there. What’s more, hidden deep inside the “Relic of God” was the ancient Dragon’s power. The mysterious ancient dragon’s power was said to be capable of bring overwhelming advantages. As a result, both sides had tried their best to seize this power. Unfortunately, the shadow of gods summoned by Amole possessed similar strength of real gods. Consequently, Holy League was on the verge of losing the war. In order to prevent “Relic of gods” from being captured by Dark League, Hull opens up the dimensional portal and summons all real gods at the cost of her own divine power. A war among gods thus bursts………  

Faction:

There are two factions that you can choose from, namely Dark League and Holy League. Once you join a faction, you will not be allowed to change it.
You can choose alternatively to click the “Destiny” Button. The system will assign you to a random faction and reward you with the “Destiny” Package.

Rules:

1. Chrono Rift is accessible to players at 8:00 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday as well as 14:00 p.m. every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
2. When the Chrono rift is accessible, you will be able to join the PVP by clicking “Enter the battle”
as long as you have joined a faction.

3. The PVP will come to an end when the boss from any side is defeated. If the bosses from both sides have not died until the next round, then the bosses will be restored with full HP.

4. There are three lanes in the battlefield, through each of which you can attack the opposing chief god. You may choose any lane in the battlefield as you wish to join the fighting.

5. Once you enter the battlefield, you can choose any unoccupied grid cell in your position and station troops on it according to a proper strategy.

6. If all the available grid cells are already occupied, you will enter the waiting queue. When any grid cell becomes vacant again, you can click on it and occupy it.

7. You can click the avatars of any opposing players and trigger the combat. The losing one will be forced out of the battlefield. Routed or escaped players need to wait for a cool down of 1 minute for respawn and then enter the battleground again.

8. Players can re-occupy a stronghold after a five-minute cool-down if the previous ally garrison force in this stronghold has been routed. As long as there is any stronghold which is still garrisoned by your ally force in a lane, the enemy cannot break through the defense and launch attack against your chief lord.

9. The strongholds are categorized into “Attack” stronghold and “Defense” stronghold.

The player who garrisons the stronghold is appointed as the “Guardian of god” for one side. He/She will be endowed with the ability to enable buff for surrounding allies by using talismans.

10. If players want to attack a “Guardian of god” stationed on the stronghold, they first need to eliminate all other opposing forces around the stronghold with buff effects.

11. The “automatic army replenishment” for VIP is not available in PVP battlefield.

12. If one player occupies a grid cell but doesn’t attack others nor is attacked by others within five minutes, he/she will be kicked out of the battlefield.

Note, the Faction Shop is nonfunctional as of now. It should be available for use in the very near future.Stay tuned!
Advertisement

nizdazen

Rank 0
PostedSep 21, 2012 2:38 pm
Selected destiny not knowing what it would do, it put me in holy. Seriously, a holy undead character? I wanted to be in evil, I always play evil chars in these type on games and now I can't switch :/

nizdazen

Rank 0
PostedSep 21, 2012 3:48 pm
Well i said on the bounty card event thread that i got nothing to show for that this event was going to cause a bigger gap in strength between midsummer +fire dust+evil spirit users and it looks like i'm spot on. Since the majority of players are not randomly assigned your going to have a lot of powerful players on one side that are going to be guaranteed +30 points for winning ever time. They will be able to buy gear that will increase gaps in strength even more at twice the rate as that one side that looses every "clash". Can we please make this fair and do something like randomly assigning teams once a week? That way teams could actually be fair and everyone has a fair chance at the bonus for winning? Don't believe me? Id be willing to bet you large sums of money that evil is going to win a huge majority of the time the way this is currently set up.

xoXDarkNightXox

Rank 0
xoXDarkNightXox
PostedSep 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Clash Of Gods

stupid
ok so that was stupid. i totally agree with Nizdazen, this event /new feature thing is rubbish.
changing the holy/dark leagues around every week sounds fair to everyone. instead of whole server vs 6 people. im seeing alot more people thinking and looking for another game to play as this is becoming boring. but some reason we all come back, not for the game but to chat to friends. not much enjoyment in this game now as everything you people think of is beyond a joke....

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedSep 22, 2012 6:55 am

But on a serious note, there are discussions and suggestions of possibly letting us change sides later (when there become some higher rank players, the pvp element becomes more valuable points wise and so evening up both sides will become in everyone's interest since it will not be just about killing the boss) or maybe making the players on each side random.

It is a new feature so of course there will be some teething issues, and unfortunately they cannot always be fixed immediately as the devs need to decide what is the best fix all round and in the long term interest of the game. But hopefully they react sooner rather than later. (They reacted pretty quick to people's concerns about the timings to give us two time options to the battles so hope they can do something about the one-sided battles soon too).

Please stay tuned and patient, I know it's not easy when you see a lost opportunity.

marraver

Rank 0
marraver
PostedSep 24, 2012 11:43 am

new event

lol
ya i totally agree with the one sided thing dark will win on all server im sure it a game most peeps will pick dark side in any game i know server 2 dark side is full and holy is empty and yes i picked holy cause i wanted to and i hear there like 4 of us on good side so far it just been couple of us versus whole server pretty much

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedSep 24, 2012 12:03 pm
It's actually possible to get just as many points on a poorly populated side as it is on a heavily populated side. I am aware of someone who got +200 points from one war while being on the holy side, despite the dark side being over-powered. I believe they spent the whole time attacking the boss rather than other players.

But as I mentioned above, the devs are aware that the launch of the feature isn't perfect and are still considering options as to how it may be improved. So the situation may change yet.

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedSep 25, 2012 11:21 am
Thank you everyone for your feedback. We will report this to the developers and see what we can come up with to solve balance issues.

chmur

Rank 0
PostedOct 02, 2012 11:20 am

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedOct 12, 2012 1:00 am

Current New Optimization For Clash

Effective after 0:00 October 12th.

Clash of Gods:
1. Top and Middle battlefield will both be available now.When the number of players who participate in PVP has met our prescribed condition, the bottom battlefield will be open automatically as well.
2. If you get at least one exploit point during Clash of God, you will obtain an extra 50 exploit points by the end of the PVP in return for your contribution to your team.
3. If the bosses for both sides have not been defeated and Clash of gods closes after 3 hours automatically as a result, both sides will not obtain team grade and team exploit points as well which include the 50 exploit points mentioned above.
4. The faster you defeat the enemy boss, the higher your team will be graded, the more exploit points you will obtain.
5. For every 10 thousand damage you deal to the enemy boss, you will obtain 1 exploit point. For example, you deal 50 thousand damage to the enemy boss, 5 exploit points will be given to you by the end of Clash of Gods.

Military Title:

• Only those players who make unremitting efforts in fighting and outstanding contribution to their league will have their military title promoted.
  • The military title will be updated once every Sunday. A certain military title not only has its minimum requirement for exploit points but also a limitation on the total number of players who can attain it.
  • If you gain less exploit points in a week, your military title will be taken away by other players who have surpass you in exploit points. As a result, you will be demoted.
  • Your military title will be updated every week according to your former military title and the exploit points you gain during that week.

COG Team.