Author Message

Kboxermma

Rank 0
Joined
06 Feb 2012
Posts
13
Location
United States
PostedSep 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Newest patch

interesting
Ok, I assume this will be deleted, but hopefully we can get some reads before it gets deleted by those who fear.

1-- The problem with this game, is not the MECHANICS it is the lack of players. The reason for this, is it is a "Winnable" game. Much like most of the f2p games on aeria it is possible for a person, or alliance, or guild etc.. to "Win" that is control the whole game... and not be stopped. Then everyone who didn't "Win" or in that "Winning alliance" all quit, or gradually stop playing
2-- I erroneously told a couple people about a strategy that involved, Buying all your resources, Using your intercolony trade ONLY for massive amounts of credit, Farmin Dipper for gear and leade levels, and Attacking from a 'safe haven' where you can not be attacked back.
I explained this broken mechanic made point 1 above even worse, and it was only a matter of time, before someone did this strategy and wiped out the aeria server, or even took over gemini. (no, I was not planning on doing it, I was just showing a flaw in the mechanics)
3-- Miraculously, and of course COINCIDENTALLY a few weeks to a month later, the game mechanics are "patched" to eliminate this "win" strategy (smart.. I am glad they did this. My strategy no longer would work)

Now...
4-- No one from aeria or I assume the Developers of Star Supremacy is playing this game. YES, this goes for GM's, GS's, and even developers. I assume there is some sort of test server as 99% of all online games have, where the devs get together and try stuff, but it is fairly obivous that NO one is playing on our servers...
5-- Now, let's define "Play". I do not mean they log in twice a day and say "hey guys, how is it going... anyone need help? ok.. well I will see u later.", or "ummm, i gonna run dipper 10 times, then log off for 24 hours.", or my ever favorite. "Hey guys, let's keep chat friendly ok. We don't need to be nasty to each other." Now, while all 3 of those activities are important u may argue (I wouldn't) None of them show even the slightest attempt at gathering knowledge of how the game plays, or how the player base is feeling. So, My apologies to all GM's and GS's who are going to flame me, or tell me how "wrong" I am.. but THIS IS THE GAME STATE, read if you care about the game.

6-- No new players.. Well, there are some, but not many and when they do start they no longer compete on an even footing. In the beginning it was possible to get a leader to level 100... QUICKLY... then you could do it again, and again. And in fact, I wasted a lot of Bcreds on stamina to do this. Well the developers must have figured a group of 20 of us with 10 level 100 leaders was enough, so they "nerf'd" the xp in Instances. They then lets us level much slower using instances, but in fact, you had to run Capella and Dipper to get decent xp. This was at about 20% of the prior advance rate.. Wow, it would stink to be a new person then, wouldnt it? People 4 weeks before you would have TWENTY WEEKS head start.. minimum.
Well, this new patch took it even farther. Much farther. Now xp is about 1/10th of 1% what it was the first month of the game. Read that again.. ONE TENTH of ONE PERCENT of what it was... I ran dipper and was getting 40xp.. per run??? in the beginning/middle. Back in the day you could get 200k.. YES, two hundred thousand. I think somewhere in the middle would be much better. Welcome to the game new guys. You will NEVER catch up.. Enjoy your stay
7-- Coin. Yes in the beginning I was a noob, and didn't know how to get milxp, or coin. That is the fun of the game, right? exploring, learning etc... Well. Now I know how to get coin, and milxp. (spoiler... Inter-colony trade, and Hit corsairs). Sure war can do a decent job of milxp (at least it used to, who knows now???) Anyway, I would LOVE to know how the new people will ever get the coin like we got. (I eventually figured out how to make 500k per hour, doing nothing but inter colo trade, and no TPs, no sitting on inactives.. nothing). Tell me how a new person will ever compete? How will they get the 10 million for researching big techs?? Oh, through selling resources? hahaha.. nope that is gone too. (perhaps because my WIN strategy involved only buying res from Trade Platform? who knows) Regardless, now u can only sell Rare res????? wow.. nice way to cripple the economy of new people. And hitting corsairs 10 times a day ensures NO ONE will ever catch up to the top players now.. EVER They were farming 50-100 corsairs a day every day
8-- OOOPs, I forgot, what about those old timers WHO DO NOT have all their big techs researched?? what will they do? Maybe they can make more inter-colony trades (by that I mean trade between YOUR OWN COLONIES).... wait.. that is now ZERO.. so what do they do??? They sit on NEW PEOPLE. YAY!!!! So wait, we got new people with low low level commanders who cant level. They cant make their own coin through trade like we did, They cant research big techs for lack of coin, They can no longer breeze through instances since they raised difficulty of those (I will get to that in a moment) and thus have lowbie gear, they can't buy res to build their economy... but YAY, at least they can be sat on or NUKED by the big guys... I am sure there are tons of people just waiting to beat down the doors and join.
9-- Instances. What is next? an instance that requires 5 players, each with 5 level 100 commanders, Each wearing full lvl 100 scorpio gear??? Come on.... How are MOST people gonna do these new instances, or even some of the older ones. I hope they have some synth scorpio gear, some UBER ship designs, some RED level 100 comms.. because if not... Good luck in acheron. EASY. Basically u just eliminated a huge huge portion of the population from the only new "Activity" u implemented. (enhancing, or upgrading a ship is not an ACTIVITY.)
10- The only way this could be worse would be if they actually had a part of the game that seemed like it might be fun, and it was "coming soon" but they decided to push it back for this new patch... OH WAIT... Colony ship anyone?
11- No, I take that back. The ONLY way they could make it worse, would be to give us a teaser of even more "new" things we might someday hope to achieve, and yet none of us get it, or WILL get it, yet they give it to a "favorite" player(s) of theirs.. Hmm, at least the devs didn't give a Black Pearl, or another new ship to someone just for the "fun of it" while leaving us pawns to spend months trying to farm a black pearl, did they???? Hmmm?

Bring on the flames. I assume that the top 10 people will start flaming first, as they are 99% of the player base. As to the new people. DO NOT comment, until you understand how the game works. For now, just be glad I am on your side, and trying to show the Devs your disadvantage, and trying to get MORE new people to play, so we can have a healty player base

-Boxer
Advertisement

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
Joined
02 Apr 2008
Posts
1159
Location
Yulee United States
PostedSep 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Newest patch

interesting
Kboxermma wrote:
Ok, I assume this will be deleted, but hopefully we can get some reads before it gets deleted by those who fear.

1-- The problem with this game, is not the MECHANICS it is the lack of players. The reason for this, is it is a "Winnable" game. Much like most of the f2p games on aeria it is possible for a person, or alliance, or guild etc.. to "Win" that is control the whole game... and not be stopped. Then everyone who didn't "Win" or in that "Winning alliance" all quit, or gradually stop playing <<been pushing for this for a while, just ask the gm's
2-- I erroneously told a couple people about a strategy that involved, Buying all your resources, Using your intercolony trade ONLY for massive amounts of credit, Farmin Dipper for gear and leade levels, and Attacking from a 'safe haven' where you can not be attacked back.
I explained this broken mechanic made point 1 above even worse, and it was only a matter of time, before someone did this strategy and wiped out the aeria server, or even took over gemini. (no, I was not planning on doing it, I was just showing a flaw in the mechanics) Wish to give screen shots and more details??
3-- Miraculously, and of course COINCIDENTALLY a few weeks to a month later, the game mechanics are "patched" to eliminate this "win" strategy (smart.. I am glad they did this. My strategy no longer would work) There was ever a win ability?

Now...
4-- No one from aeria or I assume the Developers of Star Supremacy is playing this game. YES, this goes for GM's, GS's, and even developers. I assume there is some sort of test server as 99% of all online games have, where the devs get together and try stuff, but it is fairly obivous that NO one is playing on our servers... A lot of people play on our servers, including me, aka GS. It needs work, but give us possible solutions to give to the devs, fully thought out and fleshed solutions
5-- Now, let's define "Play". I do not mean they log in twice a day and say "hey guys, how is it going... anyone need help? ok.. well I will see u later.", or "ummm, i gonna run dipper 10 times, then log off for 24 hours.", or my ever favorite. "Hey guys, let's keep chat friendly ok. We don't need to be nasty to each other." Now, while all 3 of those activities are important u may argue (I wouldn't) None of them show even the slightest attempt at gathering knowledge of how the game plays, or how the player base is feeling. So, My apologies to all GM's and GS's who are going to flame me, or tell me how "wrong" I am.. but THIS IS THE GAME STATE, read if you care about the game. GS Chrome and I spend at least 2-3 hours in the game a day. However we do have real lives so we can't sit in game all day, plus it's a time game anyways, so there is a portion of waiting, planning, and such. No flaming you, but once again we need fully fleshed out solutions to the issues you're raising that can be accepted and implemented

6-- No new players.. Well, there are some, but not many and when they do start they no longer compete on an even footing. In the beginning it was possible to get a leader to level 100... QUICKLY... then you could do it again, and again. And in fact, I wasted a lot of Bcreds on stamina to do this. Well the developers must have figured a group of 20 of us with 10 level 100 leaders was enough, so they "nerf'd" the xp in Instances. They then lets us level much slower using instances, but in fact, you had to run Capella and Dipper to get decent xp. This was at about 20% of the prior advance rate.. Wow, it would stink to be a new person then, wouldnt it? People 4 weeks before you would have TWENTY WEEKS head start.. minimum.
Well, this new patch took it even farther. Much farther. Now xp is about 1/10th of 1% what it was the first month of the game. Read that again.. ONE TENTH of ONE PERCENT of what it was... I ran dipper and was getting 40xp.. per run??? in the beginning/middle. Back in the day you could get 200k.. YES, two hundred thousand. I think somewhere in the middle would be much better. Welcome to the game new guys. You will NEVER catch up.. Enjoy your stay I've accepted a lot of new players into KoA. Problem is a lot of older players, Taylor, Foresaken, and such are leaving the game at about the same rate we get new players. Fixes?
7-- Coin. Yes in the beginning I was a noob, and didn't know how to get milxp, or coin. That is the fun of the game, right? exploring, learning etc... Well. Now I know how to get coin, and milxp. (spoiler... Inter-colony trade <<No longer exists, and Hit corsairs). Sure war can do a decent job of milxp (at least it used to, who knows now???) Arena now gives much more mil xp and with 10 corsair limit can't farm corsairs for mil xp Anyway, I would LOVE to know how the new people will ever get the coin like we got. (I eventually figured out how to make 500k per hour, doing nothing but inter colo trade, and no TPs, no sitting on inactives.. nothing). Tell me how a new person will ever compete? How will they get the 10 million for researching big techs?? Oh, through selling resources? hahaha.. nope that is gone too. (perhaps because my WIN strategy involved only buying res from Trade Platform? who knows) Regardless, now u can only sell Rare res????? wow.. nice way to cripple the economy of new people. And hitting corsairs 10 times a day ensures NO ONE will ever catch up to the top players now.. EVER They were farming 50-100 corsairs a day every day That's how it has always been hard to catch top. Trade platform I disagree with and agree with your point, but it was done as such to keep multis from farming themselves n such.
8-- OOOPs, I forgot, what about those old timers WHO DO NOT have all their big techs researched?? what will they do? Maybe they can make more inter-colony trades (by that I mean trade between YOUR OWN COLONIES).... wait.. that is now ZERO.. so what do they do??? They sit on NEW PEOPLE. YAY!!!! So wait, we got new people with low low level commanders who cant level. They cant make their own coin through trade like we did, They cant research big techs for lack of coin, They can no longer breeze through instances since they raised difficulty of those (I will get to that in a moment) and thus have lowbie gear, they can't buy res to build their economy... but YAY, at least they can be sat on or NUKED by the big guys... I am sure there are tons of people just waiting to beat down the doors and join. Sitting on newbies no longer gives income, only trade posts and your buildings. This is obsolete.
9-- Instances. What is next? an instance that requires 5 players, each with 5 level 100 commanders, Each wearing full lvl 100 scorpio gear??? Come on.... How are MOST people gonna do these new instances, or even some of the older ones. I hope they have some synth scorpio gear, some UBER ship designs, some RED level 100 comms.. because if not... Good luck in acheron. EASY. Basically u just eliminated a huge huge portion of the population from the only new "Activity" u implemented. (enhancing, or upgrading a ship is not an ACTIVITY.) Games have to grow and adapt somehow. Real suggestions to fix it?
10- The only way this could be worse would be if they actually had a part of the game that seemed like it might be fun, and it was "coming soon" but they decided to push it back for this new patch... OH WAIT... Colony ship anyone? I believe a lot are upset about the lack of the supremacy star, however I feel that's mainly due to a lack of goal and foresight as to how to make it different and yet truly better and worth fighting over.
11- No, I take that back. The ONLY way they could make it worse, would be to give us a teaser of even more "new" things we might someday hope to achieve, and yet none of us get it, or WILL get it, yet they give it to a "favorite" player(s) of theirs.. Hmm, at least the devs didn't give a Black Pearl, or another new ship to someone just for the "fun of it" while leaving us pawns to spend months trying to farm a black pearl, did they???? Hmmm? More ship types and such are planned, however it will take time to be done, along with a further storyline, rankings, and such. They have a lot of work to do, however that is why we have a suggestion forum. Almost all the suggestions we made are the ones that got implemented and seems right now aeriagames players are driving the game. Please fully flesh out ideas and such and post them so that tk and zeal can forward them to the devs to implement and fix.

Bring on the flames. I assume that the top 10 people will start flaming first, as they are 99% of the player base. As to the new people. DO NOT comment, until you understand how the game works. For now, just be glad I am on your side, and trying to show the Devs your disadvantage, and trying to get MORE new people to play, so we can have a healthy player base The devs are still new at this and still have a lot to learn. Right now the aeriagames star supremacy group are the best chance they have of making a successful game, however we're going to need to work hard to get it done.

-Boxer  


I agree with some of your points, disagree with others. I am not sure why so angry since this game is still developing and growing. I helped Erwinian/Erwin in another game test and move his game forward. I wish he and aeria would become partners since it would give a fresh side to the space strategy gaming. It's an awesome 3d based game where it seems his is built off of the cosmos and systems where as star supremacy seems to be mainly focused on individual planets. If both could merge their ideas and learn from each other, both could seriously grow and advance.

I know Erwin is busy atm with real life business, however when he gets time he's planning on developing his game more. Just as star supremacy is still developing and it came out about 6 or so years later. It's going to take a log of time and effort. Fully flesh out ideas, suggest them in a clean, easy to understand format, then maybe we can get the game moving forward. Very Happy It will depend on the aeriagames star supremacy normals and newbies to decide the fate of the game, but we'll need your help. Click here to make suggestions!

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Lorne152

Rank 0
Joined
25 Jul 2012
Posts
13
Location
Thailand
PostedSep 20, 2012 11:02 pm
can I add 5 cents?

May be invention of add B-credit --- credit auction can be give some positive feelings in game?

Honor store was very precisioly cutted by "patch".

Lorne152

Rank 0
Joined
25 Jul 2012
Posts
13
Location
Thailand
PostedSep 21, 2012 2:58 am

Re: Newest patch

interesting
Oberonu wrote:
Kboxermma wrote:

3-- Miraculously, and of course COINCIDENTALLY a few weeks to a month later, the game mechanics are "patched" to eliminate this "win" strategy (smart.. I am glad they did this. My strategy no longer would work) There was ever a win ability?

Was. C&C. Right now you try invent full senseless gladiator races between "races"

7-- Coin. Yes in the beginning I was a noob, and didn't know how to get milxp, or coin. That is the fun of the game, right? exploring, learning etc... Well. Now I know how to get coin, and milxp. (spoiler... Inter-colony trade <<No longer exists, and Hit corsairs). Sure war can do a decent job of milxp (at least it used to, who knows now???) Arena now gives much more mil xp and with 10 corsair limit can't farm corsairs for mil xp Anyway, I would LOVE to know how the new people will ever get the coin like we got. (I eventually figured out how to make 500k per hour, doing nothing but inter colo trade, and no TPs, no sitting on inactives.. nothing). Tell me how a new person will ever compete? How will they get the 10 million for researching big techs?? Oh, through selling resources? hahaha.. nope that is gone too. (perhaps because my WIN strategy involved only buying res from Trade Platform? who knows) Regardless, now u can only sell Rare res????? wow.. nice way to cripple the economy of new people. And hitting corsairs 10 times a day ensures NO ONE will ever catch up to the top players now.. EVER They were farming 50-100 corsairs a day every day That's how it has always been hard to catch top. Trade platform I disagree with and agree with your point, but it was done as such to keep multis from farming themselves n such.
Hipocrisy. If multies prohibited, simple publish this and ban. Also I feel not now desires to donate there. After @patch@. Before I doubted

 

 

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
Joined
02 Apr 2008
Posts
1159
Location
Yulee United States
PostedSep 21, 2012 4:14 am

Re: Newest patch

interesting
Lorne152 wrote:
Oberonu wrote:
Kboxermma wrote:

3-- Miraculously, and of course COINCIDENTALLY a few weeks to a month later, the game mechanics are "patched" to eliminate this "win" strategy (smart.. I am glad they did this. My strategy no longer would work) There was ever a win ability?

Was. C&C. Right now you try invent full senseless gladiator races between "races" C&C has an endgame. You should check their updates.

7-- Coin. Yes in the beginning I was a noob, and didn't know how to get milxp, or coin. That is the fun of the game, right? exploring, learning etc... Well. Now I know how to get coin, and milxp. (spoiler... Inter-colony trade <<No longer exists, and Hit corsairs). Sure war can do a decent job of milxp (at least it used to, who knows now???) Arena now gives much more mil xp and with 10 corsair limit can't farm corsairs for mil xp Anyway, I would LOVE to know how the new people will ever get the coin like we got. (I eventually figured out how to make 500k per hour, doing nothing but inter colo trade, and no TPs, no sitting on inactives.. nothing). Tell me how a new person will ever compete? How will they get the 10 million for researching big techs?? Oh, through selling resources? hahaha.. nope that is gone too. (perhaps because my WIN strategy involved only buying res from Trade Platform? who knows) Regardless, now u can only sell Rare res????? wow.. nice way to cripple the economy of new people. And hitting corsairs 10 times a day ensures NO ONE will ever catch up to the top players now.. EVER They were farming 50-100 corsairs a day every day That's how it has always been hard to catch top. Trade platform I disagree with and agree with your point, but it was done as such to keep multis from farming themselves n such.
Hipocrisy. If multies prohibited, simple publish this and ban. Also I feel not now desires to donate there. After @patch@. Before I doubted Many non-multies have been banned n had to fight to get their account back and be set back. Many multies have somehow escaped ban. Take out the incentive to multy and people stop multying. Sadly though a few spoil the bunch. This is why I asked for people to suggest better systems.

 

 
 

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Lorne152

Rank 0
Joined
25 Jul 2012
Posts
13
Location
Thailand
PostedSep 21, 2012 4:31 am

Re: Newest patch

interesting
Oberonu wrote:
Lorne152 wrote:

There was ever a win ability?

Was. C&C. Right now you try invent full senseless gladiator races between "races" C&C has an endgame. You should check their updates.
I understand your kind of humour.. but..


Arena now gives much more mil xp and with 10 corsair limit can't farm corsairs for mil xp
But honor decreased in eleven times, sorry to remain you this fact




Many non-multies have been banned n had to fight to get their account back and be set back. Many multies have somehow escaped ban. Take out the incentive to multy and people stop multying. Sadly though a few spoil the bunch. This is why I asked for people to suggest better systems.
I suggest to return free trade of recources, without laughably now "trade tokens", and invent such thing as currency section of auction. This devalue online time of multimasters in comparison of donates.

 

 

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
Joined
02 Apr 2008
Posts
1159
Location
Yulee United States
PostedSep 21, 2012 6:54 am

Re: Newest patch

interesting
Lorne152 wrote:
Oberonu wrote:
Lorne152 wrote:

There was ever a win ability?

Was. C&C. Right now you try invent full senseless gladiator races between "races" C&C has an endgame. You should check their updates.
I understand your kind of humour.. but.. It does, you now have to take the core buildings and then you "win"


Arena now gives much more mil xp and with 10 corsair limit can't farm corsairs for mil xp
But honor decreased in eleven times, sorry to remain you this fact I've not seen much decrease in honor, wish to be more detailed? I do agree we need to fight for rankings every morning and winnings be sent via ingame mail to the players, now that it's pretty much stopped with the top players on top.




Many non-multies have been banned n had to fight to get their account back and be set back. Many multies have somehow escaped ban. Take out the incentive to multy and people stop multying. Sadly though a few spoil the bunch. This is why I asked for people to suggest better systems.
I suggest to return free trade of recources, without laughably now "trade tokens", and invent such thing as currency section of auction. This devalue online time of multimasters in comparison of donates. I am confused with your suggestion. Could you give more details?

 

 
 

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Lorne152

Rank 0
Joined
25 Jul 2012
Posts
13
Location
Thailand
PostedSep 21, 2012 7:10 am

Re: Newest patch

interesting
Oberonu wrote:

It does, you now have to take the core buildings and then you "win"
But players don't counts it as win. Both impossible to take core buildings to win alone, or normal communicate with allies


Arena now gives much more mil xp and with 10 corsair limit can't farm corsairs for mil xp
But honor decreased in eleven times, sorry to remain you this fact I've not seen much decrease in honor, wish to be more detailed? I do agree we need to fight for rankings every morning and winnings be sent via ingame mail to the players, now that it's pretty much stopped with the top players on top.
Lately I received honor and completed quest only for participating in Arena. Now I must spending bcruisers and cruisers, also my online only to complete daily quest. And receiving not @honor@ for @honor store@ if ilost.




I suggest to return free trade of recources, without laughably now "trade tokens", and invent such thing as currency section of auction. This devalue online time of multimasters in comparison of donates. I am confused with your suggestion. Could you give more details?
It simple. Invent another section of auction. Where round lots of credits and b-credits can be placed by players for trade. Also restore trade of recources. Normal donator will can obtain credits from this section auction and buy recources with them


 

OhOh7

Rank 0
Joined
01 Mar 2012
Posts
11
Location
Canada
PostedSep 21, 2012 5:32 pm

New Players

Update to game
I must agree with most of what you said,
"NEWBIES are toast, they have absoloutely zero chance of becoming competetive in this game.
Even at my rank I am severely crippled by these latest changes
LOL you talk about lvl 100 leaders, I really doubt I will ever see another one that high.
Income, well I hope Santa brings me enough credits to top off my account so I can do a lvl 10 research
Why they wanted to put this game in 'low gear' I have no Idea
I can only assume they want this game to end

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
Joined
02 Apr 2008
Posts
1159
Location
Yulee United States
PostedSep 22, 2012 5:42 am

Re: Newest patch

interesting
Lorne152 wrote:
Oberonu wrote:

It does, you now have to take the core buildings and then you "win"
But players don't counts it as win. Both impossible to take core buildings to win alone, or normal communicate with allies It's possible, trust me.


Arena now gives much more mil xp and with 10 corsair limit can't farm corsairs for mil xp
But honor decreased in eleven times, sorry to remain you this fact I've not seen much decrease in honor, wish to be more detailed? I do agree we need to fight for rankings every morning and winnings be sent via ingame mail to the players, now that it's pretty much stopped with the top players on top.
Lately I received honor and completed quest only for participating in Arena. Now I must spending bcruisers and cruisers, also my online only to complete daily quest. And receiving not @honor@ for @honor store@ if ilost.




I suggest to return free trade of recources, without laughably now "trade tokens", and invent such thing as currency section of auction. This devalue online time of multimasters in comparison of donates. I am confused with your suggestion. Could you give more details?
It simple. Invent another section of auction. Where round lots of credits and b-credits can be placed by players for trade. Also restore trade of recources. Normal donator will can obtain credits from this section auction and buy recources with them Still no solution for multis n farming multis which were what were helping break the game along with scripters. I just see you saying, "I liked old way, bring back. It was disabled for a reason to stop those abusing multis, farm scripts, n such. Good luck on getting the credits to b credits section implemented since that takes away from having to buy b creds for creds in the awards on the left.


 
 

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: