GMHigherCalibur

GameMaster: USA
GMHigherCalibur
PostedSep 18, 2012 3:41 pm   Last edited by GMHigherCalibur on Oct 12, 2012 3:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Basic Event Etiquette

What you need to know when going to a GM or GS Event.
This is over in the Official Events area, but I feel that with our GSes running events now, not enough people are seeing it as I continue to encounter these issues in our events (plus I figure the GSes running events would like these rules to be followed as well). So, without further ado:

I figured it would be in everyones best interests to lay out some ground rules. Bare in mind that some other GM's and GS's have similar beliefs. So here goes.

One Event per Hour.
Events are run a few times every week (barring insane work loads). We have a lot of people trying to get into every event so sometimes players don't get to participate.

To prevent this, we have a "One Event per Hour" rule meaning, once you play in an event that hour, leave the room. You will get your gift. There's no need to ask over and over. If you are found in more than one event per hour, you will not receive any gifts for that event. I deny gifts to players literally every event because they do not follow this very simple rule.

You're NOT entitled to anything.
These events are an excuse to get to have fun and play with the community. NOT a hand out party. I want to give you gifts to REWARD you for participating in the community. If you send in an RT about not getting a gift for one of my events you will be linked to this post.

Don't bash my employer.
I don't go to your job and complain to YOU about something you have no control over. If you have concerns, please, just ask.

Act the age you want to be.
Act like an adult, you will be treated like one. Act like that baby that you want to punch in the face after a 10 hour flight, you will get punched in the face. And by punched in the face, I mean kicked from the room and possibly banned.

Don't be greedy.
Gifts will be announced by the GM or the GS before the match starts. Don't ask what the prize is. Don't ask for something different. Don't complain that it's something you already have. Please Very Happy

Don't be offended.
If I don't want to add you to a friends list or join your clan don't take it personally. This is a job and I have rules to follow. You guys are fun (when you want to be) and its great hanging out when we have events, but it's still a job. This applies to GSes as well.

These are all straight-forward and pretty reasonable, I think. I am a gamer too, and as a gamer I will do my best to take care of fellow gamers.

PS: If you have a name that is hard to read (ie. lots of I's and l's) do not blame me for sending it to the wrong person. It's an honest mistake I can do nothing about. If you wish you can always change call sign.
Advertisement

iluvpokaa

Rank 3
iluvpokaa
PostedSep 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Re: Basic Event Etiquette

What you need to know when going to a GM or GS Event.
GMHigherCalibur wrote:
This is over in the Official Events area, but I feel that with our GSes running events now, not enough people are seeing it as I continue to encounter these issues in our events (plus I figure the GSes running events would like these rules to be followed as well). So, without further ado:

I figured it would be in everyones best interests to lay out some ground rules. Bare in mind that some other GM's and GS's have similar beliefs. So here goes.

One Event per Hour.
Events are run a few times every week (barring insane work loads). We have a lot of people trying to get into every event so sometimes players don't get to participate.

To prevent this, we have a "One Event per Hour" rule meaning, once you play in an event that hour, leave the room. You will get your gift. There's no need to ask over and over. If you are found in more than one event per hour, you will not receive any gifts for that event. I deny gifts to players literally every event because they do not follow this very simple rule.

You're NOT entitled to anything.
These events are an excuse to get to have fun and play with the community. NOT a hand out party. I want to give you gifts to REWARD you for participating in the community. If you send in an RT about not getting a gift for one of my events you will be linked to this post.

Don't bash my employer.
I don't go to your job and complain to YOU about something you have no control over. If you have concerns, please, just ask.

Act the age you want to be.
Act like an adult, you will be treated like one. Act like that baby that you want to punch in the face after a 10 hour flight, you will get punched in the face. And by punched in the face, I mean kicked from the room and possibly banned.

Don't be greedy.
Gifts will be announced by the GM or the GS before the match starts. Don't ask what the prize is. Don't ask for something different. Don't complain that it's something you already have. Please Very Happy

Don't be offended.
If I don't want to add you to a friends list or join your clan don't take it personally. This is a job and I have rules to follow. You guys are fun (when you want to be) and its great hanging out when we have events, but it's still a job. This applies to GSes as well.

These are all straight-forward and pretty reasonable, I think. I am a gamer too, and as a gamer I will do my best to take care of fellow gamers.

PS: If you have a name that is hard to read (ie. lots of I's and l's) do not blame me for sending it to the wrong person. It's an honest mistake I can do nothing about. If you wish you can always change call sign.  

44 views, no replies.. now I comment on it...

Kimuri.

Rank 4
Kimuri.
PostedSep 22, 2012 5:50 pm
I dont see how this would benefit us, since you're going really hard on us. We need events events, not "events".

I know you're working on it, but yeah..

Posted By Aeria Mobile

TheBestEvah

Rank 0
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:39 pm
Kimuri. wrote:
I dont see how this would benefit us, since you're going really hard on us. We need events events, not "events".

I know you're working on it, but yeah..i like little girls

wats the differnece?