LunarPrince12

Rank 1
LunarPrince12
PostedSep 12, 2012 6:19 pm

aeria mobile app?

Does any other aeria fan think its about time the forum, shout boxes have an app? I sure do. Smile

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedSep 12, 2012 8:27 pm
I actually suggested this back in June or so. Smile I think it would be something great!

LunarPrince12

Rank 1
LunarPrince12
PostedSep 12, 2012 8:30 pm
And I thought I was the only one who thought this XD. Great minds.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Tearfulplace

Rank 2
Tearfulplace
PostedSep 14, 2012 8:32 pm
An app would be pretty sweet for iphone or ipad :O I'd love to keep up upcoming news that way.

LunarPrince12

Rank 1
LunarPrince12
PostedSep 14, 2012 8:38 pm
Same here, but I'm an android user XD

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedSep 14, 2012 11:46 pm
Rebuilding forums into an app would be a terrible waste of time, as they have the mobile version of the forums, which is platform independent and is made to simulate the look and feel of a native app, anyway.

A mobile shoutbox app would certainly be interesting, but it would function very similarly to the current mobile browser shoutbox. You can probably just put an icon on your home screen to a bookmark if you want that convenience.

As far as staying up-to-date on news, there's a reason they added RSS feeds to their news feeds. Monster Paradise RSS Feed. These can be fed into any number of RSS readers.

If you were looking for something like an app that gave you a notification when a new announcement post was put up on the forums, there's something that would either involve resource-intensive forum scraping, or something to be built by Aeria (which also provides no return on investment).

If the interest in this is high enough, I can make any of these, but it would only be for Android (as I do not feel like paying for an iOS dev license). If you're interested, let me know (via PM or something)

LunarPrince12

Rank 1
LunarPrince12
PostedSep 15, 2012 6:47 am
All though you have a point I'm pretty sure there is a few perks to having it as an app. They can totally redesign how it looks making it easy to access the **** box and it could let you do more in the forum like editing a post. You can't do that on this mobile version. Although I think this mobile version is pretty cool, I would rather get and app because I just don't feel like going to my browser to get to it. An app would surely make it quicker and maybe we could have options that aren't in this mobile version.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

LunarPrince12

Rank 1
LunarPrince12
PostedSep 15, 2012 7:49 am
that sound pretty good to me Relaera o.o if you want you can take some ideas from the people in the forum o.o

xAtomicEgg

Rank 5
xAtomicEgg
PostedNov 29, 2012 10:25 am
iDerz wrote:
I actually suggested this back in June or so. Smile I think it would be something great!  

I actually been wondering about this too,

it would be more efficient in my honest opinion.

4lexpk

Rank 4
4lexpk
PostedDec 27, 2012 8:58 am
Not only for shoutbox, also for forums! Very Happy