somaatlasia

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
somaatlasia
PostedSep 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Aeria Games Aquires Queen's Blade!?

Boy....I wonder......
http://www.steparu.com/latest-news/882-queens-blade-aeria-games

As it's stated on Steparu.com (which is, by the way, a reliable news source and place for reviews by my good friend Steparu), Aeria Games & LivePlex have made a publishing contract to being Queen's Blade Online to the North America, South America, & Europe. Now, I want to start out that by all means, I'm not against this being released.....BUT, the nature of this game is in question because truth be told, it's very sexists and very adult orientated. The MMORPG sports an all female & ONLY female characters (much like the anime but this game has nothing to do with the anime Queen's Blade nor Queen's Blade Rebellion). If you've never seen this game before, click on the link up top and watch the videos by Steparu.

My question, as well as many others whom read this along with Steparu, is how will Aeria Games handle this game because we know for certain that this game is going to go through the woodworks with censorship. If you take into the consideration as to what the target age group on this site is then it's understandable but this game has a very adult age group audience in mind so I'm very concerned as to how this will be handled in terms to who will be able to play this and such. I know in Korea, with registration having to be done with a KSSN, they can easily restrict people under a certain age from playing but here at Aeria Games, there's no such system. How will this be regulated is another question as well. I know I'm asking a lot of questions for something that hasn't been made public yet but the news is already out there (mostly in Korean) so no sense in hiding it now. What do you all think?

A.G.E.S. Founder // Anime Toshokan Inc. Founder // Former EN-GM of S4 League (Alaplaya)
Advertisement

MahoroMAT1C

Rank 1
MahoroMAT1C
PostedSep 12, 2012 1:04 am
Want that so much :3

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedSep 12, 2012 1:53 am
Please keep in mind that AGE hosts a very successful Mature Audience only game Shaiya which has some partial nudity in it. That in mind that does not mean that the game will be censored on the merit that most of the other games are for 13+.

Most likely any censoring will be a result more of American laws if anything in the game is seen as violating such laws. However it is up to AGE on how it will handle the game and they will have more info when there is more details on releasing the game, if they decide to at all.

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedSep 12, 2012 8:09 am
... I don't know about you... but I kinda wanna play this...

Also, while this game looks very adult orientated from what I've seen, AGE does have a mature audience game as Necro said. There was another game I know of that had some questionable features about it (coughDoMOcough) that AGE used to host.

I agree with Necro that censorship will be more based on the American Laws, rather than just because AGE has mostly PG-13 games.

IMO, I would rather them not censor too much from it but still keep it tasteful (like don't show everything ;P). I'm not one for censorship on everything since sometimes it takes away from the original beauty of something.

yulli

Rank 4
PostedSep 12, 2012 9:38 am
Superman did say something last week about a new game coming with all female classes. could he be talking about Queen's Blade?

Superman0X wrote:
Aeria Games has already announced several new games, such as Lime Oddysey, DK Online. We will be announcing additional new client games (For example: an Edgy, Sci-Fi, MMORPG with all Female Classes).  

morterlust

PostedSep 12, 2012 10:33 am

awesome!

This is great news and I can't wait to play it. However I just hope it doesn't get "westernized" like Tera. If that happens I will avoid it. Just sick and tired of people who have no interest in a game ruining it for us all just because of their views. Don't like the nature of the game? Duuuh! Don't play it! I firmly believe in choice, and there are plenty of games that cater to other audiences that have no interest in M rated adult content.

I hope Aeria Games will take this game as is and if they do, I hope the rest of those panzie so called companies take notes as I support this game by buying stuff From AG. This concept is not entirely unheard of. Vindictus is another game with gorgeous graphics and the concept was initially downed upon by left wing feminist and religious fanatics, and look how it came out? It's doing great and would be so much better if they actually had customer service, but never mind that. Point is, that the game gained massive and growing success and I guarantee you that were it not for the initial wave of hackers and absolutely no customer service, the game would of been legendary.

At first the concept of armor being broken off and you could see the character's lingerie beneath, which you had the option of purchasing and customizing, was like wtf??? Now it's all good and everyone loves it. I see the same for this game. It's not for everyone, but it sure will be fapped on by every teen and lots of adults who are tired of the same old and want to welcome a change.

Besides, think about this. Your average character we are playing is nothing more than serial killers, who murders people in the game, steal their life long belongings without remorse, steal the very shirt from their backs, wear it on top of that, move onto their next victim, and get rewarded for it. We as a community are okay with this, right? Nothing wrong with gaining a level by barbaric savagery, amirite? So what's wrong with little boobs on a side while the character is actually fighting for survival of their home planet? I mean sheesh people. How can you not sympathize with this and at the very least don't oppose the game if you are against mature content.

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedSep 12, 2012 12:22 pm
once you get past the boobies, its a really great game....so i've heard

Kizuna7

Rank 5
Kizuna7
PostedSep 12, 2012 1:01 pm
Can definitely count me in joining this game should AGE decide to get it~

Reason? Its quite obvious.

~Lil_Kizuna

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedSep 12, 2012 1:14 pm
in b4 lock

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."

morterlust

PostedSep 12, 2012 1:34 pm
Why would they lock the post? I applaud them for their decision. I think it's a great one and from what I've heard AG has a pool of mature audience players, which I bet consists of adults who have a job or a steady income, and are no doubt looking for something fun to play. The game has an incorporated anti-bot mechanism which they added early on in the game. Graphics are gorgeous bold and different. What's there to not like if you have already discovered that babies don't come from storks?

Again, the concept is not new, it's just rare. Skyrim has endless nude mods all extremely popular. Second Life has a whole redlight district, so on and so on. What I hope will happen is that this game will not be graphically modified what so ever, does really well from microtransactions, and the rest of the gaming industries take notes to what happens when you leave games alone rather than butcher them with a censorship hacksaw, while acknowledging that being a sword wielding brutal mass murdering thief (leveling) is okay.

The current message we are sending to players is, it's okay for your avatar to be a serial killer who steals people's money, steals their shoes, severes their body parts since he's an alchemist and the part is an ingredient, and gets away with it rewarded, however something that any child in europe can watch freely on public television or see on a busy highway billboard is not. That's a load of crap in my opinion. For a country who was built on freedom of speech and expression as one of its fundamental rights, it surprises me just how much we fall behind when it comes to gaming content in comparison to the rest of the world. People need to realize that this isn't atari. Games aren't just for kids anymore and it's time we stop acting like it.