dantilus10

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: Alliance Member Movement

Runemeister wrote:
Well, I just discovered another wonderful aspect of this new game addition. You can't add or drop members during the entire time you are participating in this event. This even includes the time after you have "lost."

This is ridiculous. It means that if you choose to enter Alliance Wars, likely for at least half your week you won't be able to add or drop members from your alliance. Do you have any idea what a problem that is?

It just gets worse and worse. We'd have been better off skipping the event entirely.  
This isn't a bug, it's in the ruleset before you sign up:

"During Battlefield, alliances are not permitted to disband, expel a member, or have new members join."

Otherwise it'd be easy to exploit moving members around to win rounds (for instance, an alliance that lost moving their members to another alliance in their kingdom that's still in it).

The problem is once the whole thing glitches out and can't finish naturally it seems to take Aeria like at least a month to remove the system themselves, during which time those alliances still can't make any changes. It's happened to s1 players twice already.
Advertisement

Plutonicus

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Wow! Fixed it?

Now it looks like the battlefield is fixed on Triumph, coz I can see the cities... Is it really fixed???

If it is, all I can say is that I hope you reset the event to start the first rounds again, or set the next round to have the alliances which at least wiped out enemy troops... It is crazy that more or less inactive alliances who got their troops wiped out in the first round get to proceed...

I'm already upset that ALL my ensigns got wasted because of your bug. I just hope I don't have to see the guys we wiped out actually try out the battlefield in the next round!

Plutonicus

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2012 2:45 pm

dantilus10 wrote:

"During Battlefield, alliances are not permitted to disband, expel a member, or have new members join."

Otherwise it'd be easy to exploit moving members around to win rounds (for instance, an alliance that lost moving their members to another alliance in their kingdom that's still in it).

The problem is once the whole thing glitches out and can't finish naturally it seems to take Aeria like at least a month to remove the system themselves, during which time those alliances still can't make any changes. It's happened to s1 players twice already.  

I understand that rule - it's just that it doesn't make sense to have it apply to an alliance that has been "eliminated". An alliance participating will have to put up with the inconvenience, and that is totally understandable and acceptable; why force the ones no longer a part of it to suffer too? Especially when the game bugs out as often as it does?

dantilus10

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2012 3:34 pm
Hey I'm just happy to have something in this game that works exactly the way it's written. Mad

Runemeister

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2012 3:43 pm

dantilus10 wrote:

Well, they are doing the whole thing backwards. They should be restricting the player, not the alliance. They are the ones that should be tagged in the system. For 3 days after joining an alliance, a player cannot participate in alliance wars. Easy solution. I have played other games set up exactly that way. You couldn't represent your alliance in their faction wars for 2 days after joining an alliance in Batheo, for instance.

<a></a>

dantilus10

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2012 4:38 pm
I imagine that's a lot harder to code. These aren't exactly splicing geniuses behind this game, I mean it took us, what, eight months just to get an item sort?

Runemeister

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2012 5:47 pm
dantilus10 wrote:
I imagine that's a lot harder to code. These aren't exactly splicing geniuses behind this game, I mean it took us, what, eight months just to get an item sort?  

You are just guessing. I would think it would be easier to code since you are not setting any variable conditions. Join an alliance and you are not eligible to enter alliance wars for a set number of days.

Besides, I have noted another browser game that did it exactly that way.

<a></a>

aduindam

Rank 0
PostedSep 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Maps in Battlefield still seem to be broken

The battlemaps in battlefield are still missing cities and villages, this does not make for a very fair fight. This seems to be a bug, can you please fix it? Last week was terrible!

lancetronic

Aeria: Product Manager
lancetronic
PostedSep 14, 2012 7:41 pm
Hello,

I'm sorry for the way Battlefield has been having issues this past week. Please keep in mind that it worked entirely as intended during our testing phases, and that's why we allowed it to be pushed to live.

We are still working with the developers to fix the spawning issues, so please know we appreciate all your patience in getting this resolved.

Also, it seems that the start times have been modified to be an hour earlier than previously stated. I've updated the original post to reflect this.

Thanks.

Icecold369

Rank 0
PostedSep 15, 2012 1:51 pm

BF

Ok so we won our round on Triumph and I voted on us... How did we lose our vote.... Still broken guys come on.

<a></a>