gmdredd

GameMaster: USA
gmdredd
PostedSep 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Battlefield Information!

Round times posted!

Battlefield Times
1.End of sign-up stage: Thursdays at 4:30pm
Your alliance leader will sign up your alliance. Make sure to submit your alliance medals before the signup period ends.
Preparation start time: Fridays at 4pm
Your alliance leader needs to approve your army submission's!
Battle start time: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 4:30pm  

General Rules:
1.) Alliance leaders can signup their alliance for the Battlefield tournament.
2.) All members may submit Alliance war medals.
3.) The top 8 alliances with the most medals donated will participate in Battlefield.
4.) Alliance leaders must approve specific members who have enrolled prior to the match start.
5.) Battlefield sessions last for 3 rounds.
6.) The Alliance that looses its match will be eliminated from Battlefield.
7.) Each alliance whom enter will receive prizes for both individuals, leaders, and all members!
8.) Wonder troops are not allowed in battle, upgraded troops are!

Battlefield F.A.Q
1. What the heck is Battlefield?
The Battlefield system is a feature that lets alliances duke it out with out loosing troops! It also provides the opportunity for both the members of the alliance, and other users to get awesome prizes!

2. Can I get stuff from participating in the Battlefield?
Yes, yes you can! Check it out!

Who choose what alliance gets to participate in the Battlefield?
The alliance members do! Remember those alliance war medals? The top 8 alliances who submit the most Alliance war medals get to a chance to fight in the Battlefield system.

How do I submit alliance war medals?
Step one

Step two

What restrictions are their on Sires who are not in an alliance?
You must be a member of an alliance to fight in the battlefield system.

Are their any restrictions on my army that I enter?
Yes, you can have NO wonder troops in the army.

Will my troops that I loose have to be bought from my refuge?
No, The battlefield system"clones" them for the battle. Once the battle is over that "clone" army goes away.

How many members in my alliance can fight in the battlefield?

You can have up to 15 different armies fight in each round. So that means potentially you can have up to 15 different members from your alliance.

Who choose what alliance gets to participate in the Battlefield
The alliance members do! Remember those alliance war medals? The top 8 alliances who submit the most Alliance war medals get to a chance to fight in the Battlefield system.

Can I use Upgraded troops in Battlefield?
Yes you can!

Any other tips for winning?
Speed is going to be very important! Leave the catapults at home!  
Advertisement

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedSep 07, 2012 3:22 am
Looking Good! Can't wait to take part Very Happy

nortael

Rank 1
nortael
PostedSep 07, 2012 10:35 am
I hope you'll consider the fact that Americans aren't the only ones plaing. For me it's 3:30 a.m. when the battles starts. East Asians will meet sunrise and go to work/school this time. So, changing schedules for different battles would be more fair.

experimentum

Rank 0
PostedSep 07, 2012 5:57 pm

What a surprise!

Battlefield didn't work and took one step closer to GA death
Thank you aeria!

Isn't that nice?!

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedSep 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Battlefield 9/7/12

Hi everyone,

Battlefield went live today for the first time on all servers following our testing on the test server and a live test on Ascension.

It was made clear that things did not go according to plan and many players across all servers experienced a variety of issues with the Battlefield system. These issues did not occur during the testing on the test server or Ascension. We are in communication with the developer to compile the user issues and find a resolution.

We apologize for the issues that came up. We were all really excited to deploy Battlefield in a enjoyable, exciting, and most importantly functioning way.

Thank you for understanding.

Runemeister

Rank 0
PostedSep 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Failed Battlefield on Triumph

Well, your first run at Alliance Wars on Triumph was a total failure. No cities spawned, so no points were awarded. The "weaker" opponents supposedly "won" all four fights with scores of ZERO to ZERO. How disappointing. Nothing like having killed ALL of your opponents troops. Plus, controlling ALL of the map points. Every single one. But, being told you didn't win. Your dead opponent without any territory, or troops, was the winner.

Oh, I almost forgot. The big voting part of the event got me 2 whole fortifying gems.

A totally wasted day preparing for this event and ending up with nothing for our troubles. It would be real interesting to actually get to play the event the way it was intended. With everything working correctly. Oh well, as I said, I am totally disappointed and not exactly in a good mood about this.

<a></a>

Icecold369

Rank 0
PostedSep 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Failure

Fail
You know it didn't work? Interesting you had a GM during the event on Triumph that was completely clueless as to what was going on. To add more insult to injury they proceeded to ignore the calls for issue when it was found out that the Winners or what ever you would call it. After killing all of the opponents armies and controlling the whole map LOST. No cities spawned, Diplomatic conquers KILLED ally Armies and even your own troops if you had more than one army. Garrison troops counted as a conquer for as well as multiple other issues. I even had one of my armies just vanish for no reason for 3-4 minutes and just reappear. I'm not sure if troops were supposed to respawn but the idea that they should was pretty implied which they didn't do. Also when we "lost" the event we lost our votes and won nothing and on top of this the "Winners" were rewarded!??!!?! REALLY this after just having an issue with the oly event? How can you even call this a acceptable. YOU TAKE PEOPLES MONEY AND RETURN THEM FODDER YOU CALL A GAME?

That's just disrespectful. I'm mad yes, but more than that I cant wait to see the nothing you do to compensate us for the time and effort we spent farming Badges just so we could be handed this trash. The time and organization and the serious effort and planing we put in to mapping and pathing so everyone knew what they were doing and preparing armies. TAKING YOUR "GAME" SERIOUSLY. Which I wont be doing again any time soon.

<a></a>

Plutonicus

Rank 0
PostedSep 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Disappointed...

Yet another MAJOR issue... Aeria, I am sure you realize that it is your image that is affected. Could you please do us all a big favor and ask the developers to maybe test their code before they deploy it to servers?
Don't tell me the Beta on ascension was meant to be their verification - if that was meant to be proper QA, I dunno what to say... I'm a developer myself, and I know that such showstoppers won't ship if there was a half-decent QA team. Heck, they probably wouldn't get written in the first place if the dev team was good. Cities not generating AT ALL is just a horrible QA miss. Please let the developers know that they've got AT LEAST the top 4 alliances in Triumph pissed at them, if not more. And a lot of them are pissed at Aeria as well. Can't say I blame them. Maybe you ought to put your foot down and let the developers know that the "customers" (yeah, I mean us) are tired of the NUMEROUS bugs and issues? And maybe you ought to consider doing something to keep us interested in a buggy game? I heard from friends that you did NOTHING to compensate the players in Legends when the battlefield blew last tiem. Just so you know - a lot of your regulars who quit don't write stuff like this: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1641603
I know that when I quit, I'm not going to give Aeria a second glance. The way things are going, that day doesn't seem to be too far off either. I'm just glad I didn't spend a truckload of cash on this game like a lot of others have.

P.S.: The top 4 alliances have the most active people on the server. It's sad that our faith in Golden Age has been "rewarded" - yet again. Oh, and the top 4 also happen to have almost everyone on the server who bothers to spend a dime on this game. Just thought you might want to know that too.

Runemeister

Rank 0
PostedSep 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Alliance Member Movement

Well, I just discovered another wonderful aspect of this new game addition. You can't add or drop members during the entire time you are participating in this event. This even includes the time after you have "lost."

This is ridiculous. It means that if you choose to enter Alliance Wars, likely for at least half your week you won't be able to add or drop members from your alliance. Do you have any idea what a problem that is?

It just gets worse and worse. We'd have been better off skipping the event entirely.

Plutonicus

Rank 0
PostedSep 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Hoo boy!

Wait, what? Runemeister, that just blows...
Aeria, why on earth would you not allow members to be added/removed after an alliance has been knocked out (however wrongly)? Time to get back to the design-board, maybe?